Passionate Lust

The smooth jazz that was playing in the background was what ultimately dragged CJ out of the delicious warmth of a post-coital glow and in search of the stereo remote.

"What's the matter?" John Hoynes asked, sitting up and letting the throw blanket pool around his waist, watching her stalk around the room.

"This song is so..." She picked up a cushion, then put it back. "...Fucking..." She moved magazines around on the coffee table. "Annoying!"

John watched her body move, glowing in the dim light, as she stalked from the coffee table to one of the end tables. He smirked, appreciating her curves, and then sighed. “Why don’t you just go over and change it?”

She rolled her eyes and puffed her breath out in a short, forceful gust that fluffed the layers of her hair that hung in her face. “Because if I had the remote, then I could stay cuddled up next to you.”

“Ahh,” he smiled and nodded, understanding her point.

She grumbled and moved to the couch, and held up the little plastic remote triumphantly. She hurried back over and hopped up onto the bed, grinning as she changed the CD track and cuddled up next to him. "Much better," she murmured, kissing him slowly and thoroughly.

He wrapped an arm around her, his hand stroking her bare back. His lips curved into a lazy smile under her mouth. “Much better,” he agreed between kisses.

CJ slid down, kissing his chest before tucking her head down. He pressed his lips to the top of her head. She huffed, and tightened her grip on him.

"So I take it your day at the office was really horrid," John commented quietly, letting his fingertips wander the surface of her skin as he pulled the blanket over her again.

"How'd you know?" She mumbled, her breath warm against his chest.

"I heard it from reputable sources that Danny --"

"Oh god, here we go..." CJ groaned. "It's true, it's all true! Just stop talking about it!"

“Oh, c’mon,” John teased on a low laugh. “It’s not every day I hear about CJ Cregg getting asked if she’s getting laid by a nosy reporter.”

CJ groaned and tucked her face into his torso. “Can you stop now?”

John tousled her hair and hugged her close. “No, not yet.”

"Just because I'm happy is no reason for someone to be so impertinent as to ask me..." CJ started, then stopped. "Did you hear via the grapevine what my response was?"

"No..."

"I said I was getting laid by a big lesbian biker named Bertha," CJ said in a dry tone. "Everyone obviously knew I was lying, problem solved."

John laughed louder. She smiled, loving the vibrations underneath her. “What did Danny have to say about that?”

"He waited until I was alone in my office and pounced," CJ muttered. "He's going to be sniffing for a story, so I might have to create a diversion."

"Just don't kiss Josh Lyman," John said possessively. "If you did that, I'd have to kill him."

She giggled, the image of John strangling a flopping Josh tickled her mind. “No worries of that,” she leaned up and kissed him. He returned the sweet kiss, tightening his hold on her. “Not if you keep kissing me like that, anyway.”

"What kind of diversion are we talking about?" John asked.

"Nothing big, just a couple of misplaced memos and that kind of thing," CJ said with a smile, resting her head on his chest and stroking his arm with her free hand.

"Sounds like fun... but I have a better idea for fun," John said with a grin.

"Oh, you're just trying to get me hot and bothered," CJ huffed.

He brought a finger up and brushed her cheek. “Is it working?”

Her lip jutted up in a pout. “Not telling.”

“Well,” his grin stretched as he adjusted his position so one of his hands was free to roam her flesh under the covers. “Maybe your body will tell me.”

"Oh," CJ breathed as his hand caressed her hip.

"That's a good sign," John murmured, pressing a kiss against her pouty lips.

She lifted her head away and looked at him with one eyebrow raised. “You don’t play fair.”

“Never claimed that I did,” he replied, while continuing his blind journey over her body.

"And what happens if you do get me hot and bothered -- do you get a prize?" She taunted.

"I don't know about me getting one, but you certainly do," he countered with a grin.

"Your ego is the size of..." She gasped and arched against his hand. "Tex--OH! John, oh... stop... you crazy bastar--OH!"

She squirmed, wishing she had better powers of restraint. He covered her mouth with his, preventing her from saying anything else, even an appreciative ‘oh,’ while he rolled her onto her back so he could lean over her.

She moaned and surrendered to the sensations, allowing him to take her as he pleased and made her feel ever so blissfully sexy.

He felt her hands on his back, her nails digging in gently. He smiled into her mouth, and he continued on, adjusting one leg so he could keep one of hers pinned down, opening up more of her for his careful ministrations.

When she yelped into his mouth, he lifted his head and propped his head up onto his elbow. “Yes?”

"You don't play fair," she hissed.

"You didn't honestly expect me to, did you?" John asked with a grin before diving back into the diamond desires of her lips.

She moaned, arching against his hand. “God,” she muttered between kisses, her breathing becoming more and more irregular. “You...”

“You what?” He asked, his breathing and voice still relatively under control.

CJ bucked against him, the tension inside her building. “I’ll get you back,” she managed.

"I look forward to it," John said with a smirk, increasing the pressure and admiring the way that her eyes rolled back into her head and her hips raised higher, pushing his fingers harder against her delicious flesh.

She tossed her head to each side, back and forth, while she bit her lip. “C’mon, CJ,” he urged, before nipping at her ear, which only pushed her closer to the edge. “Let go.”

He deliberately changed the way his fingers moved against her and her breath came in quick gasps and her lips parted, her tongue darting out to lick each lip. Her face and torso began to flush with the heat he knew was coursing through her, and her fingers twisted themselves painfully into the sheets. A strangled sob escaped her lips and she bucked when he changed the stroking of his fingers again.

“God, you, you,” she sputtered, as she felt him slide a finger inside her warmth.

Her back arched, and he took advantage of the display, dipping his head to shower her chest with kisses. He continued to savour her just until he felt her body begin to shake, and then he lifted his head to watch the fireworks.

He loved the way that her eyelids fluttered almost shut and her lips trembled before the involuntary cry of passion escaped them. He thought that certainly, the almost girlish bliss that covered her face and took away all of her wrinkles for just that split second was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life.

“Hey,” she whispered, breaking his moment of reflection.

John kissed her forehead. “Hey.”

She stretched, her body rubbing against his. She could feel his erection, and even though she was tired, she still smiled.

"Y'know how I said I was gonna get you back?" She asked, sliding down his body slowly and deliberately.

"Yeah..."

"If you blow your stack even one second before I want you to, I'll get you for good," CJ purred, trailing kisses down his abdomen.

John groaned, knowing she was definitely going to make him pay for his pleasurable torture. When she grazed the skin at his left hip, he felt goose bumps spreading over his body. Her fingers traced little patterns, while her mouth followed a design of its own.

“As long as you’re going to be agreeable,” he commented from behind clenched teeth.

She looked up at him. “When am I not agreeable?”

A few minutes passed and John was harder than he'd been in his life, the concentration of holding back the reins despite her talented tongue and teasing fingers adding only that much more guilty pleasure to the fire building in his veins. He groaned and threaded his fingers through her hair as she gently nipped the underside of his cock, and a surge of need almost swept him away.

"Feeling a little uncomfortable there?" She murmured, pulling back for a moment.

"Don't you dare stop," John grunted.

“Wouldn’t want to torture you,” she mused softly, before returning to her previous activities.

“No,” he muttered under his raspy breath. “Wouldn’t want that.”

She chuckled, and the vibrations caused him to squirm and gasp. He was so close to finding that much needed release, and yet, because he was at CJ’s mercy, he knew he was so far away.

She pulled up again and smiled lasciviously. "Are you as turned on as I am?" She asked with an impish twinkle in her eyes.

"You know I am," he growled.

"I know you're very sexy when you're angry," she purred. "But because I'm nice, I'll let you down easy. This time."

John mentally noted that he should avoid torturing CJ in the future, but as she sucked and licked him into a frenzy, the mental note was the last thing on his mind. He cried her name out; it came out on a strangled sigh.

When he was finished, she pulled back and said, "We should change the sheets before the maids do."

He blinked up at her, blankly. So much for a letdown. "CJ, we haven't done anything wrong," he said, shaking his head as she came back up beside him.

"If you don't think the White House Press Secretary and the Vice President fucking around in their spare time isn't doing something wrong, I don't know about your sanity," she sighed.

"And now with the regrets already," John grunted.

“John... what if we get found out?” She looked up at him. “Really? Don’t you care?”

He sighed, and tried to wrap his arms around her, but she slipped away from him. “Of course I care, CJ. But, the maids... you don’t have to—”

“And if they spill their guts to... Danny?”

“They have proof of sex, not proof of sexual partner, and besides, didn’t you tell Danny you were a lesbian?”

CJ snorted and rolled her eyes. “He knows I was kidding.”

John sighed. "Okay, y'know what? I'm not going to argue with you."

"We're not arguing," she countered.

"I don't want to have this discussion again," he said firmly. "This is about us. Our pleasure. Nothing more, nothing less."

“Our pleasure when they roast our asses for lying to the country?”

He rubbed a hand over his face and grunted. Then, he took two deep breaths and reached for her. This time, she yielded to him, and let him stroke her bare back. She sighed, and looked over at him. He spoke softly. “Well, what do you want to do?”

"I'm not looking for marriage," she said softly.

"That's not really an option," he commented dryly.

"And me sleeping with a married man?" She snorted a little. "What kind of an option is that?"

John groaned. Every once and a while, they fell into this trap; it usually slipped away as they gave into desire, but he didn’t know what to say or do this time. “You didn’t make the choice on your own, CJ,” he leaned forward and kissed her shoulder. She shivered. “We both mutually decided to do this, and I’m not going anywhere.”

She exhaled shakily, then sat up. "Maybe I should go home. I have an early meeting before staff," she said quietly. "And the last thing you need is me staying the night when Danny's fishing..."

"Whatever you think is best," John said softly, reaching up to stroke her cheek, then her hair, tucking some of it behind her ear. "You're so beautiful when you're happy," he said. "It should happen more often."

Despite herself, she blushed. She looked into his eyes and nodded, before asking: “Will I see you tomorrow?”

He frowned. “I don’t know. I know I have some late meetings.” She looked away, and nodded. He used his hand to turn her head so she was facing him again. “How about I call you later on?”

She managed a stiff smile; he wanted to do something great, something that would provoke that great grin of hers, but he didn’t know what sort of gesture he should carry out. “Yeah. Sounds fine.”

"And no more telling people that you're playing the field with a lesbian hot mama," he commented dryly.

Her cheeks erupted into red, and she couldn't hide the silly grin that became plastered all over her lips. "Yes, John," she agreed. "And I won't kiss Josh, either."

He kissed her. “Good.”

She licked her lips and then moved away to find her clothes. Slowly, she redressed, while John lounged in bed watching her. She sat back down next to him when she was dressed, coat in hand. “Have a good night.”

“You, too,” he reached for her free hand and squeezed.

She smiled a little, the tiny angelic smile that had made him want to take her home and find out exactly how sweet she really was, and said, "You know my number."

"And you know mine," he replied, pulling her down for a soft kiss that lasted too long to just be friendly. "I'll see you."

“Yep.”

Watching her leave, he missed her already. When he heard his front door close, he frowned. The music on his stereo changed again; a soft, slow jazz song turned on, and he chuckled, before reaching for the remote to change the selection.

~*~

"You've been acting weird," Leo commented, passing the mushu pork to CJ.

"I'm a woman. I'm entitled," CJ said through a mouthful. "Now, about that--"

"I'm trying to express concern, and you're blowing me off," he grouched.

She looked at him, their eyes meeting; he was grouchy, and she was in an agitated state. They weren’t exactly in the best state of mind to be working late. “It’s really nothing for you to be concerned about.”

“Your, ah, Bertha being difficult?” When CJ glared at him, he raised his hands in self-defense. “Hey, news travels fast ‘round here.”

“I was just trying to get Danny to back off.”

He nodded, understanding her actions. “Easier said than done.”

“No kidding,” she smiled at him.

"But you are, er..."

"Having sex?" She supplied.

"Yah."

"Not at the moment," she replied with a smirk. "And, fyi, if I was gonna blow you off, Leo, there would be a lot of pleasure in it for you. Not a couple of lousy retorts."

Leo’s cheeks flushed. “Ahh, thanks for clarifying that for me.”

She grinned. “No problem.”

"Okay, down to business," Leo said, clearing his throat.

"I hate being professional," CJ muttered. "It makes life such a living hell. On my last day in the White House, I swear to god, I'm gonna walk around in my bra and panties all day."

Leo glared at her, eyebrows raised. CJ felt his eyes on her, and turned to him. “What?”

“So much for down to business,” he commented, before asking: “Are you trying to drive me crazy?”

"It's a short trip, apparently," she commented dryly, reaching for the lo mein. "Okay, down to business. We have a potential issue with a high ranking member of the government."

"And you know this... how?"

"Because I'm sleeping with him," she replied guilelessly. "The President knows already. It's not a thing unless it comes out from under wraps. But Danny's sniffing and--"

“What?”

“You heard me,” she replied. “Anyway, I was thinking, that maybe if--”

"So what you're telling me is that you're having sex with someone that outranks your usual run-of-the-mill toady?" Leo said, his jaw on the floor.

"Well, yeah," CJ said, cocking her head to the side. "Are you okay with that, 'cause I think you're having issues with your eye."

"Who is it?" He grunted.

"I don't have to tell you."

“Yes, you do.”

She straightened herself. “No, I don’t. We’re friends, and co-workers, but that doesn’t give you access to my private life.”

"I work next door to the Oval Office. I know things that Jed Bartlet doesn't. That you would take this over my head is enough to make me see red," Leo growled.

"Well, it's my life," she defended sharply.

“It’s my job!” He countered.

“No,” she shook her head, struggling to remain calm. “My private life does not fall under the jurisdiction of your job.”

"When it concerns the infrastructure of the country, it does!" Leo said, a little too loudly.

"Don't you dare yell at me," CJ hissed, her voice low and dangerous. "I'm going to keep having sex with him regardless of whether or not Danny does the story, so it could conceivably be embarrassing. That's why I came to you, Leo. I won't tell you his name."

“CJ...”

She lifted her chin. “I’m not going to tell you.”

“Even as a friend?”

“No,” she replied, “Because you’ll get even more grouchy, and then you’ll use it to do your job.”

Before he could respond to her comment, her pager beeped. She picked it off the desk, and smiled. “One second. I’ve got to take this.”

“Is it *him*?”

CJ didn’t respond because her fingers had already begun to dial John’s number on her cellular phone. “Hello, there,” he answered the phone in a soft voice.

“Hi, what’s up?”

Leo glanced at the pager in her hand, and reached over to swipe it. CJ was quicker, and moved her hand. He wobbled, but righted himself with a growl.

"Was calling to see if you were finished," John said.

"I'm in the middle of something," she said evasively. "But I'll call you when I'm -- HEY!" She shrieked when Leo grabbed the pager from her grasp. "I've got to -- LEO! NO!"

She tossed the cell phone as she pounced on him, thoughts of John, and Leo finding out about John raising her blood pressure. She pushed him down, onto the ground, managing to keep her hand over his and the pager the entire time.

Leo used his free hand and picked up the discarded cellphone, holding it up to his ear and saying, "Hell, Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome, have we met?"

CJ's face went stark white as she realized that Leo had played her, and she almost passed out because she stopped breathing.

“Damnit, Leo!” She tried to reach for him, but he moved in such a way that ended up keeping her pinned, unable to reach him. Underneath him, she bucked, trying to loosen his grip on her. “Let! Me! Go!” As an afterthought, she added: “Get off that, too, would ya?”

Leo didn’t hear her, as he was too busy listening to the voice on the phone. CJ cringed, and waited for the fallout.

He grunted an apology and hung up. "Hoynes wants you at the OEOB about Paula as soon as you can swing it. He said he's gonna be there till one," Leo relayed.

"You could say you're sorry and get the hell off of me," CJ gasped. "Hey, my breast isn't your plaything!"

"And why not?" Leo countered in annoyance.

She growled in response, and tried to push him off. “Leo, c’mon. Knock it off.”

“While I have you here, who’s the new man?”

She inhaled sharply and said, "What if I told you I don't really have one, but was contemplating it in the hypothetical?"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I'd like it to be you," she said, holding her breath and wondering why the hell she had said that. Besides the fact that his hand was ever so casually draped over her breast.

Leo jumped. His hand squeezed her breast, and before she knew it, she was arching up into him. She gasped when his hand pulled back.

“CJ, I, ah, I...”

"Don't stop," she murmured, looking up at him through glazed eyes. "Leo, please don't stop..."

"I have to," he groaned. He knew she could feel his erection -- there was no way she couldn't mistake the bulge in his pants as it pressed against her. "It's not appropriate."

She chuckled dryly. “Breaking the rules is fun, though.” That comment made Leo step back from the fog that threatened to close in on him. CJ struggled to understand what had happened. She propped herself up on her elbows. “Leo? Where’d you go?”

“We can’t... I mean...” he sighed and got up. He started pacing. “We work together, and you’re committed to someone else who works here.”

"And none of that matters when you're giving me a THO," CJ replied earnestly.

"THO?"

"Titty hard on," she said, turning pink around the edges of her ears and her cheeks.

"Don't talk dirty to me," Leo grumbled.

“Why? Afraid you’ll like it?”

He glared at her, and then ducked his eyes from hers. “No,” he mumbled. “I think I like it too much already.”

“God, Leo, we’re two consenting adults.”

"And you already told me that you're... with someone else," he added.

"I'm not," she lied convincingly. "All of this has been hypothetical, leading up to --"

"Stop," Leo said, holding his hand up. "Until you can tell me the truth, just stop."

She reached for him, extending her hand, palm facing up to him. “Look at me, Leo.”

“I am.”

“Good. What do you see in my eyes?”

He gave in and kneeled next to her. After gazing into her eyes, he replied: “It’s been a while, but I think lust.”

“Mmhmmm,” she nodded with a smile. “And who caused this lust?”

Leo replied. “I think it was me.”

"You think too much," she commented wryly. "Yes, Leo, it was you."

"Is this a good thing or a bad thing?" He asked in concern.

"A good thing," she murmured, offering him that which seemed elusive. "So do you want to explore this or do you want me to walk away?"

He slipped his hand into hers, unable to keep from touching her. Her hand seemed safe, but when their fingers locked together, he was beginning to wonder if anything about this woman was safe. “It’s complicated, CJ.”

“No,” she shook her head. “It’s not. Explore lust, or ignore lust, Leo?”

"Why are you making me choose this?" Leo asked. "Why can't we just be friends?"

"Because we don't want to be friends," CJ murmured. "We want to be lovers. Or have you forgotten what happened when we were on the campaign and you kissed me?"

He raised an eyebrow. “I thought you wanted to be friends.”

“Puh-lease,” she said as she wriggled up into a sitting position, so their faces were closer. “Just tell me what you want.”

“You,” he replied softly.

She reached out and gently touched the stubble of his chin, smiling a tenderly gentle smile that made him feel weak. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" She murmured.

"No," he acknowledged, stunned by her beauty at that moment when all of her cares seemed to leave her.

With her internal demons pushed aside, she didn’t feel pangs of guilt as she leaned forward and touched her lips to his. Before she pushed him too far, too fast, she pulled back and looked at him. “You taste good,” she complimented him, brushing his lower lip with her finger.

"Chinese," he mumbled.

"Whatever," she whispered. "Do you want me to stay? Or do you want me to go?"

Leo paused for a moment, then whispered, "Go ahead and do your thing with Hoynes. Tomorrow's another day, CJ -- tomorrow, okay?"

She frowned, but didn’t hesitate to crush her mouth to his; when she demanded more, he yielded, and soon their mouths opened to each other. She felt his hands on her, and she continued to stroke his cheek with hers.

When she pulled away, he followed, returning her kiss with one of his own. This one was much sweeter than her lustful kiss had been; he eased her lips into the delicate embrace that left her entire body humming.

He released her. She had to take a deep breath before saying anything. “Wow,” she smiled, her chest heaving for much-needed oxygen. “Tomorrow.”

"Yeah," Leo promised, a boyish grin erupting onto his lips. "Now go do a job."

~*~

CJ came into John's office, well-aware of how puffy her lips were and how utterly desirable she looked. "Hey, you called about Paula..." She said as she shut the door.

"Go ahead and lock it," he said.

Nibbling on her lower lip, she looked at him as he finished reading what looked like a report of some kind. She turned around to engage the lock, and when she turned back to face him, John was making his way towards her, loosening his tie.

“How was your day?”

"Long," she murmured. "Hard -- John, do we have to do this tonight?"

"Do what?" He asked.

"Have sex," she said softly.

"Are you feeling sick?"

She shook her head. She wasn’t feeling sick, but a little indecisive, she didn’t exactly know what was going on in her head. “Maybe just a little more tired than usual.”

He kissed her temple; she moaned softly, tilting her head so she could look into his eyes. He then reached up and kissed her forehead, before suggesting: “How about I give you a massage?”

She almost giggled. “A massage?”

John nodded. “Yep.”

"Not an erotic massage," she pleaded. "The last time you did that, I couldn't get the fact that I was still oily out of my head the whole rest of the day."

"No oil," he promised. "It's all over at the Observatory, anyway," he quipped with a grin.

She smiled back at him as he eased her out of her suit’s jacket. He set it down on his desk, and then suggested that she lie face down on the sofa. CJ offered a suggestion of her own: “How about you sit down, and I’ll sit on the floor?”

“Whatever works for you.”

After he settled down on the sofa, she sat down in front of him, between his spread feet. He rubbed his hands together, and then eased them down over her shoulders. She sighed and tipped her head forward.

"What happened that's got you so tense?" John asked as he began to work her muscles. "And why was Leo going crazy earlier?"

"Leo's being Leo," CJ muttered.

John paused for a moment, trying not to let her know how much he read out of that statement.

He hit an extremely sensitive spot along her neck, and she moaned loudly. “God, that feels so good,” she whispered. When John didn’t even grunt a response, she turned her head to look up at him. “John?”

"Sorry, was thinking," he muttered, startling back to reality. "Is that better?"

"Yes," she murmured. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," he assured her with a smile. "You wanna go home? It's been a long day and all..."

"What's wrong?" CJ asked softly.

He replied with a question of his own: “What makes you think something’s wrong?”

“Well,” she replied. “You’re really quiet, for starters.”

“Maybe I don’t feel like talking.”

"Are you angry with me?" She asked worriedly.

"No."

"When is your wife coming home?"

"Next weekend."

"Are you feeling guilty?" She asked, biting her lips.

“No more than usual,” he replied curtly, standing up to pack his briefcase. When her eyes were on him long enough, he turned around. “What?”

“You’re making me nervous,” she admitted from her position on the floor.

"You want to come over?" He asked, slinging his jacket over his arm. "It's late, so I won't get mad if you say no."

"I hope you won't get mad if I say yes," CJ said, standing up and grabbing her blazer and purse. "Can we get out of here together, or --"

"I'll go in the Suburban and have them send another," John said.

She smiled. “Thank you. I appreciate it.”

He neared her. In his eyes, she saw something unreadable; it was dark, and potent, but she couldn’t label it. She bit her lip again. He brought a hand up and tucked her hair behind her ears. “No problem. I’ll see you soon, okay?”

CJ nodded. “Yep. I’ll go out and wait for the other car soon. I’ll just go back to my office and grab some stuff.”

“Sounds good,” he replied, kissing her cheek and then heading out of the office.

~*~

"You're standing there in nothing but boxers and a tie, waiting for me, and you want me to believe that nothing's wrong," CJ said from the doorway, her voice soft but potent.

"I got distracted," John mumbled, fumbling at the knot in his tie. "Nice of you to come."

"I haven't yet," CJ quipped, coming over to help him with his tie.

John grunted as she untangled the strip of fabric. When she paused to caress his face, he flinched. She stared at him. “What’s with you?”

"I don't want you to be here if you don't want to be," John grunted.

"I want to be," CJ whispered. "Are you all right, really?"

"I know what you and Leo were doing," John said quietly.

"We weren't doing anything," she shot back defensively.

He didn’t look at her, instead turning away to finish removing his tie, tossing it onto a nearby chair. “I know what I sound like around you, when we’re... together, and that’s exactly how he sounded on the phone,” he explained. “A frazzled male, thanks to your—”

“John!” She glared at him.

"So tell me --"

"He was trying to find out who my paramour is," CJ said quietly. "And he grabbed the pager when you called and I dropped my phone to get the pager and -- he ended up sitting on me and got the phone. He was out of breath because of that."

“And that’s why he sounded frazzled.”

She nodded. “We weren’t doing anything... he was just angry that I wouldn’t tell him what was going on, and--”

“He sounded jealous,” John interrupted with a comment.

“So what if he was?” CJ demanded. “I’m with you, now, aren’t I?”

John's eyes narrowed. "Yeah," he exhaled, shaking his head.

"I'm here with you right now, at one-fifteen in the morning, with no intention of going home before five at least," CJ murmured, reaching for his hand. "Maybe we can do something kinky with that tie of yours."

He managed a smile, while squeezing her hand. “And what do you have in mind?”

She shrugged playfully, slipping out of her jacket, tossing it carelessly on the back of the chair. “Tying you up and driving you crazy?”

"And I can't tie you up and drive you crazy?" He countered.

She smiled. "That's for later, since I can hold out longer than you can," she murmured with an evil twinkle in her eyes.

“At least let me help--”

She shook her head. “Nope. That’s all part of my fun. Why don’t you get settled on the bed, and I’ll tie you up?”

~*~

John watched CJ slip out of her shirt, the next item of her clothing to hit the floor after her pants. In her underwear, she moved towards him. He swallowed nervously; he recognized that predatory gleam in her eyes, and she knew he would pay.

She tied his hands above his head onto one of the bedposts and smiled. "Wanna come out and play, Johnny?" She murmured, reaching for his boxers.

"You shouldn't call my penis that," John commented.

"The president calls his the First Penis," CJ said with a smirk.

John flinched. "Okay, Johnny's better than the Second Penis," he agreed.

She laughed, straddling his legs as she played along his waistband. When she dipped her head and kissed him, he found himself struggling against the tie, his desire to touch her so strong already.

“Not yet, Buster,” she pulled back and wagged a finger at him.

"You drive me crazy," he groaned.

"And you me," she murmured, kissing him hungrily, plundering his mouth until both their lips were swollen and bruised from the kisses, and he was hard to the breaking point.

He rubbed against her, but she wasn’t about to entertain him. She moved off of him and continued her examination of his boxers. He grumbled something about her being a big tease, but she didn’t pay him any mind.

"So, is my big handsome stud going to ask me to go with him to the state dinner?" She asked in a deceptively calm voice as she played with the elastic at his waist.

"You know I can't," John groaned, arching his back and moaning.

"Doesn't mean I can't ask sweetly," she retorted, slipping her fingers beneath the waistband. He cried out as electricity surged through him, and she smirked.

“Easy, partner,” she spoke in that same sweet, soft voice. “We’ve got all night. Or,” she quickly added. “What’s left of it, anyway.”

With very slow hands, she eased his shorts down. Inch by inch, she uncovered more of his legs. He shivered and squirmed, complaining for more immediate attention. When the fabric reached his ankles, she left it there, and then began the slow process of returning up his body.

"You've made your point," he gasped. "You've driven me crazy and I love it, but I need you now --"

"Don't make me gag you," she warned.

His eyes widened. “You wouldn’t.”

“Don’t try me,” she warned in a singsong sweet voice.

"Is this payback for last night?"

"Maybe," she murmured huskily, leaning forward and nipping at his chest with her perfect teeth.

About ten minutes later, he felt everything left of his body pooling into his groin and he knew he was close. "Oh, God, CJ," he cried as she swirled her tongue over the vein on the underside of his cock.

She continued working him, until he groaned loudly upon reaching his release.

“Oh, God,” he whispered repeatedly as his body trembled.

CJ muttered something under her breath about a mess on the ceiling, but he didn't care because his body was humming with intensity. His muscles ached and he thought he was going to die because his heart was fluttering -- yes, fluttering -- in his chest like a fangirl's when she encountered a crush.

She slid up his body, showering him with light kisses until she met his mouth. When their lips met, there was nothing light in the embrace; he could feel all of her desire, and she could feel her effect on him.

When his mouth opened, she took advantage, falling deep into the lust that was blazing between them.

She made a soft noise of need and reached up to untie his hands. "Enough of this," she murmured. "I want you. End of story."

“Thank God,” he exclaimed, rolling them over so he could lean over her and explore her body, to give his own time to recuperate. “I should punish you,” he commented between intense kisses, while one of his hands brushed circles over her stomach. “But... I don’t want to play any more games.”

"Games make it fun," CJ whispered, inviting another drugging kiss that left her breathless. "Oh, John, I do want you," she moaned when he pulled back to look at her.

"Good," he said softly, raising one hand to the soft globe of her left breast, teasing and caressing until she writhed and thought herself quite mad with lust.

After what seemed like forever, he moved to the other breast. She buried her head into his shoulder, nibbling at his shoulder as he toyed with her. “John, please...”

"Please what?" He asked with a smirk, moving his lips up to her neck, feeling her arch to meet him, and her breath growing even more ragged.

"Stop playing with me and make me come," CJ groaned. "Please..."

“I’m getting there...” He responded casually, trying to hide his amusement.

“Sooner, rather than later please, before I tie you back up and decide to finish myself off.”

“You wouldn’t,” he teased.

She kissed his neck, her fingers playing with his hair. “Don’t push me, John. You know I’d rather make this a team sport, than a solo--” She gasped when she felt his fingers traveling lower.

"Is this better?" He asked with a smirk as a purr caught in her throat and became a gasp of bliss. Her hips raised to offer him better angles, and her breath came hard and fast as she ground against his hand.

"Oh..." She breathed as the world became clear and exploded around her in shards of pleasure.

“Well,” he pursued, changing the movement of his hand. “Is it?” At the change of intensity, she thrashed against him. He chuckled. “You’re not answering my question...”

“Fuck,” she muttered.

He kissed her lips. “Look at me.”

She gazed at him through hooded lids and her lips parted just a little further. "Yes," she moaned, the word turning into a cry of pleasure.

John smiled, rewarding her with a kiss, and more aggressive ministrations. She cried out again, various words of exclamation and praise.

She felt blood coursing through her head, pounding in her ears, heat radiating from every pore of her body -- and just when she thought she couldn't take anymore, she screamed and felt the world collapse around her.

"CJ," John said, tapping her cheeks with his fingertips. She opened one eye and moaned. "Hey, come back to me -- don't make me call someone..."

"Who'djacall?" She mumbled.

"That's a girl," he whispered. "You okay?"

She managed a slow nod. “I think so.” As he kissed her forehead, she moaned and tried to stretch. “Ohhh boy.”

"I almost had a heart attack when you went limp like that," John admitted. "Can you see the headlines?"

"'Vice President kills White House Press Secretary during kinky sex play'," CJ mumbled, grinning up at him as she tried to force the dizzy to go away.

He brushed her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ears. “I’d give Danny the first crack at the article.” She chuckled, and felt another wave of dizziness wash over her. “Hey, hey,” John soothed, watching her. “Take it easy.”

"I'm just gonna lie here, I think..." CJ whispered just as her cellphone's distinctive ring tone blared through the room, followed by the annoying beep of her pager.

John leapt up and grabbed the phone and pager and brought them over. "You want me to --"

She grabbed the phone and turned it on. "Yeah? Okay. Yeah. Give me half an hour -- I'm at home, why? Naked. It'll take me a few minutes to get dressed," she snarled into the phone.

"Leo?"

"Toby in lieu of Leo," she muttered. "There's a thing..."

“A thing?”

She tossed the phone into her purse, turned and nodded. “He didn’t tell me what it is. He barks, I run,” she shrugged. “You know the drill.”

"Yeah, i do," John said softly, drawing her in for a quick kiss. "I'll call ya when things settle down."

"Okay," she murmured. "But not tomorrow night -- Leo and I have to talk about a thing..."

"Okay," John agreed. "See you later."

She leaned in for another quick kiss, before reaching for her clothes and managing to slide them on. “How do I look?” She smirked at him.

“Amazing,” he commented. “But, you know I’m biased.”

"You are," she said with a sad smile. She hurried back over for a passionate kiss, then pulled away. "I've got to..."

"I know," he whispered. "Go on."

~*~

At five-thirty, CJ was giving her seventh briefing. At six-fifteen, she was in the bathroom, throwing up. At seven, she collapsed onto her sofa and vowed to get fifteen minutes of sleep before the next briefing.

She was stressed out. Danny had approached her, asking about her budding lesbian relationship, just fishing for information; during that conversation, Leo had somehow stumbled upon them. That didn’t help the situation any. On top of that stress, if she had to deal with anymore emergencies in the briefing room, she was afraid she’d scream.

When the door opened, she threatened: “If you even think about making me get up, there will be hell to pay.”

"I just came to check on you," Leo said softly. "Margaret said you were sick."

"Shouldn't you be in the sit room?" CJ mumbled, not moving her arm off her eyes.

"The situation's been resolved and Simon's gonna brief for you," Leo said firmly.

She cursed and finally moved her arm when the door clicked shut, popping her eyes open so she could glare at him. “I only need fifteen minutes.”

“So you can run out and puke all over the--”

“Danny deserves it.”

Leo smirked. “So, let Simon brief, and I’ll bring Danny in here later so you can have your way with him.” He softened. “You’re not at your best... why don’t you go home and sleep?”

"Yeah," CJ mumbled. "I'll do that when the world stops spinning."

"You're dizzy?" He asked worriedly.

"Probably just have a virus," she muttered.

He leaned against her desk, gazing upon her. “Have you been taking care of yourself?”

She groaned. “You’re not--”

“Just answer the question, would ya?”

CJ rolled her eyes, before admitting: “Maybe I’m not sleeping as much as I should be.”

"You need to sleep -- I'm canceling tonight, unless you're up to it," Leo said firmly. "In fact, I might come over and make sure you're okay."

"Leo..."

The phone rang. Leo went over and got it. "Hello?" His face registered consternation. "She's sick. She's going home. I'm gonna have you call Carol's desk and leave a message, John."

CJ jumped up. “Leo, I’ll take it.”

“CJ--”

She cut him off. “I said I’ll take it.”

Leo stared at her for a long time before a hurt look entered his eyes. He handed her the phone and left her office without another word.

"John --" CJ said softly.

"You're sick?" John asked worriedly.

"I threw up earlier because I'm stressed," she dismissed.

“Stressed...” he spoke. “I can imagine the day’s been pretty hard on you.”

She frowned and rubbed her eyes. “John, if you’re gonna say what I think you’re about to say, just don’t.”

“What are you talking about, CJ?”

She blanked out for a moment and when she realized she had done it, John was saying, "CJ? CJ?"

"Sorry, had a spaz moment there -- I've really got to get some sleep..." She said softly.

"Want me to come by later?"

"With your agents and a big black Suburban?" She challenged.

"Actually, with an agent and a little blue Volvo," he said hopefully.

She chuckled. She knew she had to talk with Leo, but she also knew that she wanted to spend as much time with John as she could. She hated being so conflicted. “You sure you want me? I’m pretty lousy company at the moment.”

"You need someone to make you soup or something," John added gently.

"Kay," she said, swaying on her feet. "I need to go home now..."

"You want me to get a car for you?"

She bit her lip and struggled to remember what they had just talked about. “Am I going to your home, or my home?”

“It’s up to you,” he replied. “But, either way... let me call you a car.”

"A car is good and I need a shower," CJ mumbled. "My home..."

"You don't sound good," John said.

"Stop smothering me," she interjected sharply. "Okay? I'll make it home and get some sleep and I'll be okay."

“I’m sorry,” he quietly responded. “I didn’t mean to smother you.”

She frowned and sighed. “It’s okay. I’m just not safe for social interaction right now.”

"I can hear that, but I'm coming over later anyway to make sure you eat something," he said firmly.

"Okay," she whispered.

"Go lie down until my driver gets you," John instructed.

“Alright. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” she could feel him smiling. “I’ll see you later on.”

She turned her phone off, and settled back down into the cushions of her sofa.

~*~

Once she was home, she settled into her bed and closed her eyes. Conflict was nothing new to her, but it still managed to drive her insane.

How could she want two men so much? How could she have such deep feelings for both of them?

She knew that her feelings for Leo were somewhat different from her feelings for John; the intensity of feelings was the same, but the source of each set of emotions started in a different place. She sighed and rolled over, wishing that she could smother herself with her pillow and put an end to the decision-making she’d have to start and finish in the relatively near future.

She sighed and tried to go to sleep.

~*~

A thud woke her up. "Damn vase," Leo muttered from the living room.

"What'd you break?" CJ demanded, not bothering to sit up.

“Ahh, don’t worry about it,” he called back. She sighed, and heard him move down the hall towards her. When her door opened, he spoke softly, “I brought you some tea.”

"Thanks," she said softly. "I feel a little better, though --"

"And I came to check and make sure that you'd really gotten some sleep," Leo said, gesturing at her clock, which red 4:15.

"I did," she exhaled, pulling the pillow further beneath her and curling around it.

He set the cup of tea down on the small table by her bed, and he sat next to her. “Really? Or did you just lie here and wish that you were sleeping?”

"No, I think I really did sleep," CJ said with a small smile. She shifted again and her smile increased a little as Leo's eyes lit up with lust.

“Good,” he smiled back down at her, reached out to brush her cheek with unsure hands.

“Mhmmm,” CJ felt like purring, as she leaned into his touch before she could control herself.

She smiled and settled in against her pillow again. "Sleep is good," she commented softly.

"It is," Leo agreed.

"You should try it sometime," she suggested wryly. "Preferably after a good fuck. Most restful sleep known to man."

He coughed. She looked up at him and raised her eyebrows in question. He regained control of his voice, and commented: “If you keep making comments like that, I might not make it out of here.”

“Part of my brilliant plan.”

"You don't want me to leave?" Leo squeaked.

"Didn't I just say that?" She asked with a smirk, moving around a little more under the covers. Suddenly, a pair of pantyhose and a pair of white lace panties flew at him.

He didn’t move fast enough, and the items of clothing hit him in the head. She laughed as he pushed them down and tossed them to the ground. “Nice aim,” he commented.

“Now it’s time for you to take something off,” she responded.

He hesitated, then worked the knot in his tie and slipped it off. "How's that?"

"Funny man," CJ murmured softly. "Unbutton the top couple buttons of your shirt, please."

He obeyed, his fingers managing to get the first three buttons undone. She watched as the shirt parted, exposing some of his chest to her hungry eyes. CJ nodded in appreciation, and watched as he finished opening his shirt, much to her delight.

“How’s that?” He asked, still a little unsure of their situation.

"Much better," CJ said softly. "Now take off your shoes and come sit down and relax for a couple of minutes."

He blinked, not sure exactly what was going on.

She rolled her eyes, and looked at him. “Something wrong, Leo?”

“Ah, no,” he quickly responded, despite his confusion, as he toed his shoes off. After they hit the floor, he looked at the bed, and asked: “Where do you want me?”

She patted the spot on the far side of the bed, where there was more room, and said: “Right here.”

He climbed onto the bed and said, "Now what?"

"Now you relax," she instructed, yawning. "Maybe take a nap."

"With you lying there without panties..."

She shrugged. "More comfortable," she mumbled. "I'm going back to sleep."

“Tease me and leave me,” he mumbled, rolling onto his side.

She laughed, her eyes closed. “I won’t tease you for much longer,” she admitted, wondering why she was actively seeking yet another complication.

Sleep stole over her, teasing her with soft, delicious dreams, and then she was awaking to soft, tender kisses that left her craving more.

"Leo..." She whispered.

"I couldn't take it," he mumbled. "You just lying there, so... peaceful."

She opened her eyes, and smiled at him, before leaning forward to kiss him. “Peaceful’s a turn on?”

He smirked, pulling back from her lips to caress along her jaw with his light fingers. “Yes. So is this soft skin here,” he leaned over to press his lips to the skin his fingers recently touched.

"Mmm," she agreed, leaning into his touch and moaning a little, her breath catching in her throat.

She pulled away abruptly when she heard the sound of a key turning in the lock. "Fuck," she whispered, her eyes wide.

CJ knew who would be walking into the room, and she knew what he’d see: her underwear and pantyhose on the floor, Leo lying on the bed with his shirt open, and his pants entirely too tight for his own good, and CJ’s lips puffy and swollen while desire sparkled in her eyes.

Leo looked at her, searching her eyes for some sort of explanation, but she never had a chance to say anything.

"Are you awake?" John asked from the other room. "I brought some soup --"

"I, ah, yeah, I'm awake," she stammered, still staring in horror at Leo.

"You lied to me," Leo growled.

She hissed: “Ever consider that maybe I wanted to be involved with you?”

“You could’ve been *honest*,” he shot back, his voice still a growl.

“CJ?” John’s voice was getting closer. “Are you talking to yourself again?”

"I'll be out in a minute," CJ called. "You might want to go hide," she whispered to Leo.

"I don't think so," Leo grunted, heaving himself off the bed to get his shoes and tie back on.

She turned back to look at him. “Leo,” her voice was shaking and whisper soft. “Please stay in here.”

“I’m not going to hide so you can keep this charade up,” he retorted.

"CJ, are you okay?" John asked.

She tensed when she heard his footsteps coming closer, then just decided the jig was up and buried her head under her pillow. "Fuck," she whispered, just waiting for hell to explode.

There was a deafening silence. CJ held her breath as the footsteps stopped. When the door opened, the sound was so loud that she winced. And when the door stopped moving, there was more silence. Her head pounded in time with her heart, quickening until it was just a dull throb in her entire body.

"You wanna come out now, CJ?" Finally came John's voice, full of pain and anguish.

Ever so slowly, she came out from under the pillow and looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

“I’m out.”

“I’d say so.”

Leo cleared his throat softly, and said: “I’m going to leave.”

John raised his hand to stop him and insisted, “No, stay.”

CJ's lips trembled and she whispered, "You told me not to kiss Josh."

"So what, you decided to make a move on Leo?" John smarted back. "Jesus, CJ -- a distraction doesn't involve fucking someone else!"

"I didn't," CJ whispered.

John frowned. “So, what you’re saying is I came here in time to stop you from fucking him.” When neither of the two responded, he sighed and shifted his weight. “What the fuck is going on, CJ?”

"I don't... know," she said softly. "I want to be with you, John -- but I want to be with Leo, too..."

"Damn you," Leo finally said. "You played me. And you played him."

"It's not like that," CJ whispered.

“Then, what is it like?”

She choked back a sob and then cried out: “Damn both of you!” Their eyes widened at her outburst. “Damn both of you and your sexiness! I’m weak! Okay? Happy now? I find you both incredibly sexy and do you know how hard it was to work around both of you, wondering if either of you would ever find me attractive in return!” She looked at John. “And then you did!” And she looked at Leo. “And then you did!” She frowned. “Look, I’m sorry I messed up, I really am.” When neither of them said anything, she sighed and bowed her head. “I’m gonna leave, or something.”

John stared at her for the longest time before looking away and saying, "I don't understand, but somehow... I don't... fuck. Fuck it all to hell, CJ!"

"I'm gonna..." She began, but Leo grabbed her hand.

"This is your house and it's my fault you're in this mess," Leo said quietly. "I'll leave."

"But I don't want you to!" She protested. "Either of you!"

“What do you want, CJ,” John demanded, “Because I’m a little unclear on that.”

“I have to agree with John on this,” Leo spoke up.

She sighed and looked at both of them once before ducking her eyes again. “I want both of you. Equally. For different reasons.”

"So you expect us to play second fiddle to each other just so you get off?" John asked caustically.

"I didn't say that -- and you get off plenty," CJ snapped, her eyes meeting his with a glare.

“Must be nice,” Leo grumbled.

CJ glared at him, which shut him up. She turned back to John. “Look, I don’t know how this is supposed to work, if it is at all...”

"You're gonna have to choose," John said, crossing his arms. "Because you can't have it both ways."

"And why the hell not?" She challenged.

Leo glanced at John, but said nothing. John uncrossed his arms, and replied to CJ’s question: “Because it’s unethical, it’s socially unacceptable, and---”

CJ interrupted him. “Unethical? Like you’re one to talk about that.”

Leo stifled a laugh, giving CJ that point. John glared at him.

"And as far as it being socially unacceptable -- fuck 'em!" CJ said sharply. "John Q. Public gets off on a lot worse things than three people in a sexual triangle!"

John countered: “We’re not exactly John Q. Public’s.”

Leo retorted: “Like that stopped you from cheating on your wife.”

“Hey,” John tried to defend himself. “You don’t know anything about my relationship with my wife.”

"I do," CJ said softly. She sat up and walked slowly to John, putting her arms around his neck and kissing him softly on the lips. She laid her head on his shoulder and just hugged him for the longest time. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

He returned the gesture, holding her carefully to him. “Me, too.”

Leo felt extremely uncomfortable. He was watching them, feeling entirely out of place. He figured out the best way to move around the hugging couple, and he started to move but John took one arm away from CJ to prevent him from passing them.

CJ gently grabbed Leo's hand and threaded her fingers with his. "Hey," she said softly. "I liked you when you relaxed. A lot."

"I don't think I can handle being with you if you're with him," Leo said, shaking his head.

"Maybe it's not just about me," CJ said softly.

Leo’s eyes widened as they darted to John’s. Then, he looked back at his hand in CJ’s; it was beautiful, the way their fingers were linked together. He saw some movement, so he looked up. John touched CJ’s face, and asked her: “You really want this?”

She nodded. “I know I’m crazy.”

John smiled and kissed her forehead. Then, he took his hand that had been resting on Leo’s arm, and slid it down to his other hand.

"I know it won't last long and that I'll have to choose for good sooner rather than later," CJ said softly. "But you both make me so damn weak every time I see you."

"I brought soup," John said. "It's getting cold."

"I brought tea," Leo interjected. "And it's already like ice."

CJ smiled. "Sandwiches okay? And while we're eating, we can debate whether or not we're all going to fit on my bed."

Leo choked back a laugh, and the three of them untangled themselves to walk to the kitchen. CJ went to the fridge, and opened it. Before digging through it, she looked at John and pointed to the bread box. “Wanna get the bread out?” He nodded, and then she looked at Leo. “Dishes?”

"You'd make a good dominatrix," John said offhandedly as he got the bread and took the bottle of mustard from her grasp.

"I'm not sure I want to know how you know that," CJ commented with a twinkle in her eye that wasn't just teasing.

"Oh, I've seen a few things in my time," he replied.

"We need lettuce," Leo said gruffly. "And she'd never have the heart to spank someone for disobeying her," he threw into the conversation.

"Wanna try me?" CJ asked, throwing together a turkey and cheese sandwich for John, just the way he liked it.

Leo raised an eyebrow. “Lettuce.”

She reached into the fridge and pulled out a bag of lettuce leaves. When she walked over to him, she playfully tapped him from behind. He chuckled, ignoring the quickening of his pulse, and wordlessly handed her the plate for John’s sandwich, which she exchanged with the bag of leafy greens.

"I'll figure out every last one of your secrets," she whispered into Leo's ear, her tongue darting out to taste the outer shell of his ear, then retreating again. The promise made him stifle a groan as he felt his pants get even tighter. It was really becoming painful, being around her. In more ways than one.

CJ finished making sandwiches and she hopped up onto the counter, sitting on the edge.

Leo turned red around the edges, knowing that under that deceptively simple skirt, she was wearing nothing.

When he looked up at CJ, she raised her eyebrows and smirked. “What?” When Leo didn’t respond, for fear he’d choke on what he wasn’t eating yet, she pushed. “Cat got your tongue?”

Leo glanced at John, and asked: “Is she always so...”

John smiled and took a bite of his sandwich. He chewed thoroughly and swallowed before answering. "This, Leo, is something entirely not political. There is no power struggle. She is the one in control, and we are sucked into her playfulness like..."

"Oh, do stop talking about me like I'm not here," CJ muttered. "Yes, Leo, I like to be outspoken when I'm not in the White House."

Leo smirked and took a bite of his sandwich too. They ate for a few moments in silence, each one contemplating what was about to change between them from their own point of view.

It wasn’t until John put his dish in CJ’s sink that he noticed what had made Leo blush. “Geez, CJ, you’re going to give someone a heart attack someday with your wild ways, woman.”

She giggled, spreading one leg out to hook it around him. Leo watched them, and wondered if he would fit with them. John waited for her to swallow before kissing her chastely on the lips. Then, she pulled back and continued eating, pausing only to ruffle his hair.

She was still eating when both of them had finished. In fact, she was taking lazy little nibbles of her sandwich and watching them through contemplatively hooded eyes.

She swallowed slowly, deliberately, then said, "If we're going to make this work, it can't be only about me. Or you. Or you. I know the two of you hate each other like the plague, but I want you to know that if something happens that you weren't expecting... it is about you. Not just me." She reached for her glass of milk and took a long swallow. She set the glass aside and said, "And don't pretend you don't get hard every time you think of John fucking me, Leo. It's not just me you're fantasizing about."

Leo nodded. He avoided looking at John, but CJ made him look up. “This can work. We just all need to be honest.”

John was about to say something about honesty, and Leo was actually close behind him with another comment, but when they looked at her, they didn’t dare. She was very serious, and very sexy, sitting up on the counter, telling them how a triangle between them was going to play out.

“I don’t usually entertain such thoughts,” Leo admitted quietly, putting his dish in the sink too.

“Doesn’t mean you don’t have them,” CJ commented. She glanced at John, “Doesn’t mean you don’t, either.”

"Fair enough," John acknowledged, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And if you two want to... do something... if I'm indisposed..." CJ said, her voice trailing off into air as she shrugged. "Who am I to stop you?"

"I hope you have plenty of condoms," Leo said.

She stared at him for a long moment, then smiled. "You'd be surprised," she said, sliding off the counter and walking toward Leo, her sandwich all but forgotten as she crossed the room and leaned down to kiss him.

He brought a hand to her lower back to hold her closer, while his other hand touched her cheek. “Something tells me,” he whispered, “That not much of anything would surprise me after today.”

“Don’t raise the challenge with her,” John quipped. “You’ll regret it.”

Leo watched him approach, coming up behind CJ, as she returned to kissing Leo. From behind, he wrapped an arm around her; the third-person contact made Leo shiver. John moved CJ’s hair to one side, and started kissing her hidden sensitive points.

Leo felt her muscles tense and release as she caressed his arms, and he knew that she was trying to provoke him into a response more telling than any previous had been.

She pulled away abruptly and bit her lip, her face suddenly tinged with indecision and trepidation, as if she were hesitant to cross the line she had written in the sand.

John encircled her and gently stroked her breast with one hand and caressed her hip through the wool of her skirt with the other hand. Leo took his cue hesitantly, moving forward to cup her face in his hands and he kissed her until he felt her going limp in John's arms.

For now, it was all about her. Other lines may or may not be crossed as they were come to, but for now, both men knew only one thing for certain: they wanted her.

“Bedroom,” she whispered, her entire body on fire, humming with sexual energy.

John moved back a little; CJ slumped forward but quickly righted herself, after using Leo for some support. They each kept one arm around her back, guiding her.

"Guys, I can walk," she said with a husky chuckle as they all but dragged her to her bedroom.

Once there, however, everything came to a sudden halt. "What now?" Leo asked, looking to CJ for direction.

She blinked, and said, "I have, honestly, no clue." There was a charged pause, then she murmured, "Take the initiative."

Leo’s eyes were dark, and CJ couldn’t tell what he was thinking. He looked at John, who wasn’t offering him any help, and then he let his eyes drift over CJ’s body, ending at her eyes.

He moved closer, and touched her cheek. She leaned into the touch, wanting and needing more contact that what he was offering her. His hand trailed down, from her cheek, along her neck, and to her shirt.

She smiled and leaned forward, allowing him easier access to the buttons. Her breath caught when John lifted her hair and began to kiss her neck above the collar of her shirt as Leo slowly unbuttoned her blouse, taking every opportunity to tease newly bared skin.

Before he took her shirt off, he let his hands slide underneath the soft fabric, rubbing over her stomach and hips, before traveling to her lower back to kneed her muscles gently. He felt her shiver, saw the goose bumps on her skin, heard her sigh. He smiled, and then working his way back up to her shoulders to push the shirt away.

John helped push it down, and when CJ felt the two pairs of hands teasing her exposed skin, she moaned.

She inhaled sharply as Leo's hands left John's and returned to her front, unclasping her bra and letting her breasts free. She couldn't stifle a cry when his cool fingertips brushed against her nipple, cold on hot, making every nerve in her body sing in harmony.

Leo grew bolder, pinching her nipple and tugging gently. At that, CJ twitched, arching her back and moving into his touch. John chuckled, and while pressing kissing along her shoulders and backbone, he unfastened her skirt.

She vaguely felt the sensation of scratchy wool descending over hot itchy skin, and then all she could feel were John's hands on her bare ass and Leo's hands on her breasts, and she was flying higher into the clouds with each touch.

She leaned back against John for support, and they fell back onto the bed. She moaned and tried to move to roll off of him, but he held her flush against him, allowing her to feel his erection radiating heat against the small of her back.

"See what you do to me?" John whispered into her ear.

“Feel it...” She muttered, “Can’t see it yet,” she purred, turning her head to nip along his chin and jaw. Leo eased himself down on the bed, sitting next to them, continuing his exploration of her front with his hands. When he added his mouth, kissing and licking along the underside of her breasts, she squirmed more. Her squirming pressed her back into John, who had adjusted himself a bit to cradle her.

John nibbled on her earlobe and caressed her sides with feather-light strokes, and suddenly, CJ tensed as she felt the world come to a shuddering halt in her body for but a split second. A barely-audible moan issued forth from her lips and she closed her eyes.

John could tell without looking what was happening, and he gently changed positions slightly to cushion her from her fall from ecstasy.

“Ohhh, fuck,” she whispered, her voice still not strong enough to be forceful. She leaned into John, rubbing her face against him, trying to recover. When she felt Leo move back, her eyes fluttered open as she smiled. “Wow.”

“We didn’t... it wasn’t...” Leo was amazed, and very puzzled.

“Oh, it was,” she assured him, leaning forward so they could kiss. When she pulled back, she turned slightly to kiss John. Then, she whispered: “You two are both entirely overdressed.”

"Don't you wanna..." Leo began, but with one look from her, he shut his mouth.

"Leo, why don't you take John's tie off?" CJ suggested mildly. "I need to catch my breath."

She saw the hesitation, but she also saw something else: curiosity. John helped her back so she could lean on some pillows, and then he turned back to Leo. He eased his mind with a smile, something warm and friendly. Leo took a deep breath, and adjusted himself so he could reach John’s tie.

At first his fingers were shaking, but when he settled into the movements, it became easier. He pulled the strip of fabric from one end once the knot was undone, and freed John from the tie.

CJ exhaled in appreciation, then sat up to join the party. She leaned in to kiss Leo tenderly before unbuttoning his hastily-buttoned shirt.

After running her hands over his chest, savouring the sensations of his flesh under her fingers, she turned to John, so she could help him continue the process of undressing. She unbuttoned his shirt, and touched him in a similar fashion.

John hesitated for a moment before pulling away from her. "I can't do this," he said, backing off of the bed.

"John," she whispered.

"I thought I could, but seeing you -- with him... I can't."

Her face fell. Leo let out a long breath, and prepared to get up and leave. CJ glanced at Leo, and he could see how sad she was. She reached for a pillow and brought it in front of her, trying to struggle with her words.

"Okay," was all she could manage to whisper.

"I just... I can't play second fiddle again," John said lamely. "I'm sorry."

She nodded slowly and held her pillow a little tighter. "I'll... y'know... call you," she whispered.

"Helen called earlier and she's coming home tomorrow," John said.

"So you're punishing me because your wife's coming back," CJ accused quietly.

“CJ, that’s hardly fair,” he responded to her accusation.

She raised an eyebrow. “No?”

He shook his head. “No, it isn’t.”

"How can you stand there and lie to me?" CJ asked, her face colored with betrayal. "How can you just stand there and lie to my face?"

When he didn’t say anything, she got up with a snort and walked to her window, stopping along the way to trade her pillow for her short terry cloth robe. She stared outside for a while, and said: “I want the truth, John.”

“Claudia Jean,” John never used her full name; Leo wasn’t very surprised when CJ gasped softly at the use of her name.

She whirled around, still not calm. “What, John?”

"I want you more than life," he said.

Leo blinked and gestured toward the door. "I'm gonna go," he began.

"No," CJ said in nothing short of a demanding order. "Sit your ass down."

"Claudia, there's no way this is going to work --" John interjected.

"It works fine for me," CJ said forcefully. "You already proved that! Jesus -- can't you two fucking compromise on one goddamn thing for like five minutes? Or however long it takes you to suck Leo off? Or vice versa?"

John walked halfway to her and stopped. Her body language and her words were conflicting, and he didn’t want to get himself in more trouble. “Why do you want this so badly?”

"Because..." She began, but stopped. Her lips parted, then came together again, but no sound came out. Finally, she said, "You're right. Of course. Because you're always right. This was a bad fucking idea. But now I have to choose one of you, and it's going to kill me because what I feel can't be cut down the dotted line like that!"

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed loudly. “Then, I’ll make it easy for you.”

As he turned to the door, she growled. “Fine, walk away, John. Put it behind you, wipe your hands clean, and forget about everything.” He paused, but didn’t turn around. “You couldn’t work things out with Helen, so you just didn’t deal with it. This going to be the same?”

He turned and glared at her for a split second before stalking back to the bed and taking his shirt off again, throwing it on the floor. He all but tore his pants and boxers off, standing naked in front of her. "You think this is a fucking joke?" John growled, gesturing at himself. "Do you think this is a game, Claudia Jean?"

She looked him up and down, then said very quietly, "I think you're turned on by the idea of the triangle, but that you can't wrap your brain around it." She undid the belt of the robe and let it slide to the floor before she climbed back onto the bed. "John, I'm going to be selfish now and say that it's just about me. You want me, you can have me. If Leo wants me, he can have me. I don't care anymore if you two get off. This is about ME."

Leo, the silent observer, stepped back again. Even though he was extremely turned on, he wasn’t sure about his place in the triangle. John looked him over, and offered him an awkward smile. Leo smiled back.

“In order for this to work, Leo,” CJ interrupted their private moment. “You need to be a bit more naked.”

There was no longer any doubt where the apex of the triangle was, Leo mused as he shed his clothes, self-consciously baring all of himself to them.

"Thank you," CJ said, smiling over at him. "This is how it's going to work..." She didn't have a chance to finish her sentence because John grabbed her and kissed her until she couldn't breathe.

When she had to pull away, he nuzzled his face in her hair. He nipped at her earlobe. “Help me wrap my brain around it.”

“I intend to,” she purred. She felt the mattress move, and when she turned, Leo was moving towards her. She and John moved to accommodate him. “Ready?” She asked both of them, her eyes meeting theirs in question.

"You sound like you've done this before," Leo commented.

"I watched a movie called 'Kiss the Sky' once," CJ replied with a smile.

"So did I," John replied earnestly. "And it didn't work."

"Hush," CJ whispered.

“CJ...”

She turned to him. “It’s a completely different set of---” She stopped talking when Leo dipped his head and latched his mouth onto her breast, sucking gently while he moved his tongue softly. “Oh God...” John followed suit after a quick shrug, lavishing her other breast with attention.

A warm and gentle heat began to flood her body, flowing through her veins from her heart to the very tips of her fingers. She moaned and settled back onto the pillows, a heavy sigh escaping her lips as the sensations overwhelmed her.

Her hands came up, each one tangling in their soft hair. She felt John’s hand wandering, caressing her stomach. She arched into the touch, growling when his hand left her skin. But, when she felt his hand return, with another hand, she silently forgave him.

Leo turned her face toward him and plied her lips with long, wet kisses that sent surges of electricity through her as John moved lower down her body to trail kisses over her stomach, moving exonerably lower, making her shiver in anticipation.

Leo showered her face with kisses, and then settled on her lips again. He felt her shudder, and when her back arched, he assumed that John had reached his destination.

CJ brought her hand to Leo’s chest, stroking him softly. Leo reciprocated, starting at her shoulder, running over her breast, along her ribcage, and to her hip, with the most lightest of touches.

She smiled and her eyes fluttered almost shut as she moaned, raising her hips higher. "Oh, god," she panted before Leo took possession of her mouth again.

Leo’s hand started tracing lazy circles on her thigh while he kissed her. Meanwhile, John continued to work her up into a heightened frenzy. She wriggled, breathing deeply when Leo gave her a chance, as she felt the knot in her stomach tightening.

John pulled back and blew cool air over her clit, and CJ leapt off the bed, crying out with pleasure. Leo grunted and held a hand to his mouth, wondering if she'd broken teeth when she'd collided with him.

“Okay,” Leo muttered from underneath his hand. “Next time you do that, John, please warn me.”

John laughed. CJ looked at both of them and smiled.

"C'mere," she whispered to Leo, leaning her head into his lap and pressing a kiss to his abdomen. "I'm sorry I hurt you. How can I make it up to you, Leo?"

A smirk twisted his lips.

She kissed the same spot again, this time using her tongue to lave the skin underneath her lips. He sighed softly. She grinned up at him, wanting to see so much more of this side of him; this free, relaxed, sexual Leo was so appealing.

"You two just play a little," John said, leaning back. "I'll watch."

CJ shot him a sultry look that promised him something equally entertaining, and turned back to Leo, kissing the same spot again, making him moan. Her fingertips reached out to caress his cock, and she felt it harden even more in her grasp.

For her, this was an exploratory mission. She grinned up at Leo, and she saw his expression darken, which only made her heart beat quicker. She alternated between varying degrees of pressure and speed, testing Leo’s reactions. She glanced at John, and saw that his eyes were glazed over and very dark, a strange smile settled upon his lips.

"Do you like that?" She asked Leo softly when he lurched into her hand, arching to meet her touch with an involuntary thrust.

"Oh god... CJ..." Leo groaned. "I need you..."

"You need me for what?" CJ whispered.

John chuckled. “CJ, I thought you were more astute than that.”

She shot him a playful look. “I just want to hear him say it.”

He frowned, the sudden lines on his face removing all trace of the relaxed Leo. But just as quickly, his face relaxed again and he said, "I want to be inside you, Claudia Jean Cregg. I want you."

“You’re good at that,” she purred. “Hold that thought, okay?” Leo nodded, understanding what she meant, as she turned and leaned up to kiss John passionately.

When John needed oxygen, he pulled away, and rested his forehead against hers. “Go ahead.”

"You can help," CJ whispered, moving his hand to her breast and showing him the slow, easy caresses that drove her insane.

John smiled and nodded, nipping at her shoulder while he continued touching her. Then, she turned to Leo, and asked: “Can I drive?”

Leo’s brain fumbled for a moment, trying to understand what she meant. When he caught on, he nodded. She grinned and kissed John, before moving into position.

Leo inhaled sharply when she straddled his thighs, and groaned aloud when she began to settle onto him, grabbing his erection to guide it into her. John moved behind her, kneeling between Leo's legs and began to stroke her breasts.

“Oh, God!” CJ gasped as she lowered herself down. With Leo inside of her, she felt even more aroused than before. Leo started moving underneath her, around the time when John’s touching became more insistent. “Oh God, oh God, oh God.”

"We are neither god nor the heart of man," John whispered in her ear, his caresses becoming more focused.

She groaned, unsure of who she should urge on first, since both were doing such a good job of seducing her, mentally and physically.

Leo's hands came to rest on her hips, and she smiled, covering his hands with her own as she began slowly to rock her weight fore and back, gasping at the sensations and the desire that flooded her. John's hands continued to taunt her, and she gasped and moaned in utter supplication to their desires.

John nipped at her earlobe, settling on sucking on it, before trailing his mouth down her neck again. CJ gasped at each movement his mouth made. When she felt one of Leo’s hands move out from under hers to travel down between them, she lost a bit more of her sanity.

Her head fell back, against John’s shoulder, panting for much needed oxygen. She gripped Leo’s other hand in hers, their fingers weaving together. Her free hand slid up to John, to caress him.

John used one of his hands to turn her head as far as it could go without hurting her, and kissed her softly, slowly, sensuously. Leo's hand changed pressures and she felt a raging conflagration threaten to overtake her as heat surged through her, egging her on to the ultimate release.

“I’m so...” she whispered, her voice hoarse. John chuckled, and kissed her again, using the same delicacy he had used the first time. She whimpered as her need grew.

Leo’s eyes closed briefly, before they fluttered open; he found it oddly mesmerizing to watch John cradle CJ, supporting and kissing her. He smirked and changed the angle and pressure of his hand again.

He watched a pink flush spread over CJ's breasts and up higher until she stilled in John's arms and her muscles tightened around him, squeezing and making him lose control.

“CJ!” He grunted after crying out, before tumbling into his release. She had fallen back, slumping against John as the last of her orgasm rocked her.

She breathed shallowly, trying to come back to herself. "You okay?" John whispered in her ear.

"Didn't black out," she murmured.

"Nope -- I win," John said with a big, cheeky grin.

"We forgot the condom," Leo whispered in horror.

CJ fell forward, kissing Leo lazily. “No worries.”

“But--”

“No buts,” she kissed him again. “They make this amazing drug, Leo, and it keeps women from having babies.” She let her lips brush his. “I mean, we probably should’ve... but... if you haven’t noticed, thinking hasn’t been my strength lately.”

"I wasn't about to say that," Leo murmured against her lips, breathing deeply of her scent.

"And poor John's being so patient," CJ murmured, reaching behind her to stroke John's hair. "You'll get a reward, darling," she purred.

He smirked, squeezing her to him. He could feel her chest heaving, her pulse skittish under his fingers. “Catch your breath... don’t want you passing out.”

After shooting him a pointed expression, she adjusted herself so she was lying on her side, next to Leo, enjoying their afterglow. John moved so he was on her other side. He kissed her shoulder, and wrapped an arm around her stomach.

Leo leaned towards her and kissed her forehead. She purred. He chuckled, and moved his body so he was closer to her; his leg slipping between hers, as he tucked his head into her neck to kiss her again.

She moaned softly in contentment and smiled. "Wonderful," she whispered. "That was... incredible."

"You were incredible to watch," Leo admitted softly.

"Are you two trading state secrets over there?" John asked.

CJ kissed Leo’s forehead and whispered: “So were you.” Then, she carefully rolled over to face John. “No, no state secrets yet.” She grinned. “Although, I could always tell him where your hotspots are.”

"And why would you do that?" John asked woundedly.

"Because I'm a smartass like that," CJ murmured, drawing him in for a tender kiss.

He chuckled. “Yes, yes, you are.” He watched in amusement as CJ rolled her head back against Leo, to kiss his jaw, pausing to playfully whisper some things he couldn’t make out. John laughed out loud, pulling CJ towards him, kissing her soundly on the lips. “You definitely are.”

"I am," she agreed with a smile. "Now, about your little... problem..."

"It's not a problem," John said with a grin. "It's an opportunity."

"Well, never let it be said that I'm against equal opportunity," CJ purred.

She touched his face as she kissed him, sucking on his lower lip as she pulled away. When Leo’s hands kneaded her back, she moaned into John’s mouth. He smirked, and deepened the kiss, changing the angle of the embrace.

When she pulled away for air, she whimpered, "Damn you both..."

"We like being damned," Leo whispered into her ear. "It's fun."

"Why don't you help John out, darling?" CJ whispered. "I'm all tuckered out..."

She felt John’s body pulse, and Leo twitched against her back, shuddering softly into her neck. Leo kissed her again, and whispered, “I, ah, I don’t know if that’s such a good idea. I mean, he might not, and I might not be able to help, and--” he stopped short, and sighed.

"John, do you object if Leo gives you a gentle hand job?" CJ asked softly.

John groaned in dismay, but like a trooper, said, "No."

CJ grinned and pushed herself up a bit, giving Leo easier access to John. While John was trying to look disappointed, CJ took Leo’s hand and brought it over to touch John’s erection, he groaned and his hips flexed towards the contact. CJ kissed John’s lips softly, barely making contact with him.

When she lifted her head, he moaned softly; but, she couldn’t tell if it was a complaint because her lips left his, or a sound of praise, as Leo’s hand wrapped around the base of John’s erection.

"Have you done this before, Leo?" CJ asked softly.

"No..."

"You know what you like best, so try to do it to him," CJ instructed in a very quiet, tired and yet aroused, voice.

She pulled her hand away from him, sliding it up to his forearm, while Leo made his first move. She watched John’s face for any signs of disapproval, but found none.

Soon, both men were breathing raggedly from arousal, and CJ even found herself more than slightly turned on. But she really was too worn out to help much, and merely turned her attention to keeping John plied with delicious kisses.

John’s mouth was hot and hungry; the sighs she felt coming from him were heavy, telling her how into it he really was. On her other side, she could feel Leo’s erection growing again, pressing against her. She smirked and cuddled into the men.

CJ didn’t see what Leo did, but John nipped at her lower lip and groaned. She smirked and ran a hand through his hair, massaging his scalp because she knew he liked it.

John's hips rocked forward and she felt warmth spread over her... and the blankets... and the comforter that was dry clean only. She pulled back from the kiss and whispered, "You're paying for getting my stuff cleaned, guys."

Leo brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her palm. “No problem.”

While Leo lavished attention on her hand and arm, CJ turned and kissed John soundly on the lips, in an act to show her appreciation and need for him.

Leo lifted his head and grinned at John. “Can we charge it to the country?”

"Somehow, I don't think we'll get away with it," John replied, kissing CJ's neck and collarbone.

"Guys, I'm worked up but I don't think I can handle another go-round tonight," CJ whispered. "At least not right now."

"You should rest," John murmured, kissing her softly.

"Yeah," Leo agreed. "John and I can go."

"I don't want you to," CJ murmured.

John kissed her again, and then suggested: “We’ll stay, but if we end up keeping you up, we’ll go. How’s that?”

She smiled. “Better.”

Leo glanced at John, and said something about getting under the covers. The darker man nodded, scooping CJ up into his arms after he stood. Leo stood up as well, pulling the comforter and sheets down. Then, John settled CJ in the middle; both men joined her.

“Much better,” she purred as they snuggled against her.

She closed her eyes and yawned, smiling as the warmth of her two lovers lulled her to sleep.

A shift in the bed made her snap out of sleep, but she didn't open her eyes or change her breathing as awareness returned. The sound of the toilet flushing told her what had disturbed her rest, and she made an inarticulate noise in the back of her throat, rolling over to snuggle up to the remaining warmth that Leo offered.

Leo, in his sleep, moved towards her, wrapping his arm arm around her waist. She heard John sigh when he came back into the room. She frowned, even more after she heard his feet carrying him to the kitchen; for an instant, she thought he was leaving, but when she heard the fridge open, she relaxed, and let sleep hit her again.

The next time she woke up, she was alone. The thought of both Leo and John going home had her panicked, and she bolted upright, wincing at the quick movement. As she regained her bearings, she heard voices from the kitchen, and she relaxed.

"I think we should play hardball with the book-banning thing," Leo said, and she heard a glass jar clunk against the table.

"Probably," John agreed. "But don't think that I'm agreeing because you gave me a hand job."

"I wouldn't think that," Leo replied in a grave tone. "I would merely think that my hand job did something to completely addle your brain into leaning my way."

John laughed, and Leo’s laughter soon joined his. CJ gasped softly, surprised to hear them carrying on so well.

“Don’t think that your hand job is always joining to addle my brain,” he commented, still chuckling.

Leo snorted, and then countered: “Well, I can always increase my powers of persuasion.”

CJ blinked and her smile increased until all of her teeth were exposed and she was fighting hard not to laugh.

"Hey," John said. "You really think CJ's okay?"

"What do you mean?" Leo asked.

"Well, she's... I don't know. She's more demanding than usual. Less logical," John said with a shrug.

"Well, I've only kissed her once before... this... so I wouldn't know," Leo said. "Maybe she just gets a little whacked out when she gets turned on."

CJ exhaled sharply and rolled her eyes.

John spoke next. “Well, she does... but... I never knew... maybe she’s just good at acting, but...”

After he trailed off, Leo stepped in. “You make her happy. When you said you were leaving... any fool could tell.”

"When I came out of the bathroom, she looked so happy with you," John said in a voice quiet and earnest. "I almost walked away right then."

"But you didn't."

"No, I didn't. Because she makes me happy."

CJ rolled over and dangled her feet off the bed in search of her slippers. She got them on her feet and grabbed her robe, pulling it on before going toward the kitchen.

She walked out, and saw the two men sitting on the counter, eating what looked like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, with glasses of milk close by. Their eyes widened as she came into their line of vision; she smiled.

“Did we wake you?”

She shook her head at John’s question. “No, I woke up because I got cold.”

"I tucked the blankets around you when I left," Leo said, sliding off the counter, displaying his silk boxers. "You want something to eat?"

"No, thanks," CJ murmured. "And somehow, blankets just don't compare to two virile men."

"Well, that was quite ego-gratifying and pointed," John commented with a silly grin.

"It was meant to be," CJ said, going to the fridge to get a bottle of soda. "When you're done eating, I was just thinking that I've always wanted to find out what peanut butter kisses really taste like."

Leo settled against the counter again, and took a sip of his milk. John kept his eyes with CJ’s and took a bite of his sandwich. She smirked and drank her soda. A few minutes passed in silence, the trio looking at each other.

"You know," John said, "it's going to be very difficult to explain how we all suddenly get along."

"We don't," CJ replied, finishing her Coke with a flourish, tossing the plastic bottle across the room and into the recycling container. "The only thing we agree on is that sex is a really great thing."

“Really great,” Leo chimed in, evoking grins from both CJ and John. John laughed softly and nodded, while putting his dishes away. Leo finished eating his sandwich and washed the last bites down with the rest of his milk; and then, he put his dishes away, too.

CJ walked to them, putting a hand on each of them. Her hand on Leo rested on his chest, while her other hand rested on John’s stomach. “Time for my experiment,” she mused.

John leaned forward and kissed her softly, chastely, then pulled back. "Aw, where's the fun in that?" CJ murmured in dismay.

Leo winked at John and pulled her down for a long, drawn-out kiss that came up for air only when she began to go limp.

“Well,” she said on a sigh, her body humming again. “I’m going to go back to bed.”

“Hey!” John exclaimed. “I can do better!”

"Oh, no," CJ said playfully, grabbing Leo's hand and heading out of the room, bringing him with her. "You had your chance..."

"Oh, so he gets to go all the way again," John said in jealous sarcasm.

CJ stopped and looked over Leo's shoulder at him. "Well, when you put it that way, I guess it isn't very fair to let Leo have all the fun..." She said thoughtfully. "Maybe you can switch places, then?"

Leo kissed CJ’s temple. “That’s fine. You did kind of tire me out.”

“Who said anything about you having a break?” She grinned playfully. Both men looked at each other, unsure of the amount of seriousness in her most recent words.

"There's a story that my father loves to tell about two lesbians in a bar that he met a few years ago," CJ said, twining her fingers with John's, and clasping Leo's hand tighter within her grasp. "Something about how sex can blur the line between hidden love and utter hate. I want the line to blur, gentlemen. I want nothing more than to make this the best time of your lives. And not just because of me."

“CJ...” John started hesitantly. He trailed off, unable to finish what he was about to say. He looked at Leo: “Help me out here, would ya?”

CJ, pulling away from John, had started to suck on Leo’s neck, rendering Leo pretty much useless. He looked over her head at John, and raised his eyebrows.

CJ pulled back and looked at John with a warm gaze. "Do you trust me?" She whispered. "I know you've been hurt, John," she said, offering him her hand. "But you know I won't do anything to hurt you. Do you trust me?"

He hesitated, then took her hand. "I do," John whispered. "God help me, I do."

“Good,” she smiled, touched by his words. She gazed at Leo. He smiled and nodded, kissing the hand he was holding onto. She shivered. “Really good.”

John turned and looked at Leo; CJ saw the questions in his eyes, and bravery mixed with some fear, as he reached out with his other hand. Leo slid his other hand that had been resting on CJ’s hip into the offered hand.

CJ pulled John closer to her, and gently released Leo's hand from her grasp, using both of her hands to cup John's face and bring his lips to hers for an achingly tender kiss. "I love you," she whispered against his lips. "I love you because you are everything that makes me want to live life to the fullest. And I hate you. I hate you because you aren't mine to love."

John kissed her again, pulling back to look over at Leo, whose cheeks were a little pink. He didn’t know what to say to CJ; her words were honest and very affecting. He wanted to tell her how he felt, but he wasn’t free to do so. So, he released his hand from CJ’s, and reached for Leo, brushing his arm slowly.

“Well,” he said.

“Well,” Leo responded with a little laugh.

John glanced at CJ again, and then muttered, “Oh, what the hell,” before leaning forward and pulling Leo’s face towards his as he descended.

The sudden shock in Leo's eyes was replaced with arousal only seconds into the kiss, and CJ felt a flash of jealousy and dizzying heat surge through her as she watched the intimacy forming between the two men.

John’s eyes fluttered shut, when Leo reached up and touched his chest. CJ gasped when both men increased the depth of the kiss, watching in awe.

“Wow,” she whispered, despite herself.

Leo was ultimately the one to break the kiss. He pulled away and breathed heavily. "I think..." He began haltingly. "I think that's enough exploration for now." He turned to CJ and noted the look on her face. "Oh, sweetie," he said with a sigh, moving away from John to hug her.

“I’m okay,” she whispered, lifting her head from his shoulder. “You two look great together, though.”

She felt John move behind her. He kissed her temple. “You look great between us, too.”

"Will you..." She whispered, stopping and taking a deep breath.

"Will we what?" Leo asked gently, tilting her chin down so she was looking at him.

"Will you please make love to me?" CJ whispered. "Slowly, gently... I want to be loved."

She turned her head after speaking, so she could look at John’s face, to see John’s reaction. He nodded, and then tilted his face to kiss her. She sighed at the sensation, savouring the taste that was distinctly John; except this time, she could taste a little bit of Leo, too, and she felt those mixed pangs of jealousy and arousal again.

John moved his lips from hers, to kiss along her jaw, neck, and shoulder. Leo leaned forward and did the same to her other side. CJ shivered, and leaned against both of them for support.

Leo turned her face to his and ever so softly kissed her, making her think that when this torrid affair was over, she would love to stay with him forever. John was all right for kink, but Leo knew what it was to focus all desire into one beautiful sensation.

CJ moaned and whimpered into the kisses as they gained in intensity, and then she was being pulled the other direction by John's hands roaming her body freely.

“I really need a bed,” she pulled away when her knees shook. “What you two do to me...” John smirked and kissed her shoulder, and then Leo led the way back to her bedroom.

Once inside, she looked around, and frowned. Something was missing. “You guys hang on one second.” When they both looked at her, she gave them an easy smile and retreated into her bathroom. She heard one of them settle on the bed, and they talked between themselves, as she rustled in her drawers for the candles she wanted. She had felt an urge to see the two passionate men bathed in the soft glow of candlelight; she knew John looked great in the slow lighting, but she wanted to see Leo, and she really wanted to see them together.

After lighting the two candles, she entered the room, and shut off the bedroom lights.

Both men looked over at her. As she went to the bedside table on one side of the bed, to set one of the candles down, John stood up to take the other one from her, to put it on the other side. While he did this, she looked down at Leo, who reached for her.

“Oof,” she giggled, as she settled in between Leo’s legs, her back resting against Leo’s front.

"You did that on purpose," she accused with a giggle as he began to lavish the back of her shoulders with little nips and kisses that made heat pulse through her.

"Indeed, I did," Leo mumbled against her skin, the warmth of his breath making her shiver. "And now, John can have his fun," he whispered, even as John came closer.

John crawled up onto the bed, moving towards the duo very slowly. CJ shivered; the look in his eyes was very predatory. When he touched her she moaned, so he slid up her body and began to pay close attention to her sensitive spots he could reach.

Her eyelids closed and she smiled as she felt John licking his way up her torso, pausing at intervals to suck hard upon a hot spot or two, and she felt intensely relieved that she trusted them both with her life and her pleasures.

By the time he reached her breast, she was breathing heavily and actually cried out with bliss when he began to nibble the underside of her breast.

Leo, beneath her, had begun to attack her thighs and hips with feathery caresses, and she moaned in delight as she felt two hard cocks brushing against her in arousal.

John had assaulted her breasts with kisses and nibbles for what seemed like an eternity, and when CJ was in the middle of a thick, sexual haze of lust, he let his head trail down her body again. She yelped when his mouth nipped at her hip, before trailing lower.

She panted with desire when Leo's hands came from behind her to tweak at her nipples. She couldn't stifle the shriek that forced itself from her lips as John found his mark and began to caress her clit with his tongue, sending white-hot sparks up and down her spine.

“John,” she pleaded, hungry for him. He looked up from his position between her legs and grinned, before crawling up her body. “Please,” she murmured after he kissed her.

“Please what?”

She growled softly, staring into his eyes, watching the fire dance in his dark depths. “Please fuck me,” she ground out, grabbing for him.

"You asked to be made love to," John murmured with a lazy smile. "I do believe that 'slow and easy' was the phrase?"

CJ groaned. "Fuck me now," she ordered, grabbing his erection and squeezing. "I want you to come in me, and then I want Leo to make me scream!"

John smirked at Leo. “So much for slow and easy,” he chuckled. Leo shared his amusement, and added his soft laughter to John’s. CJ knew Leo’s mouth was moving, but she couldn’t hear any words. She cursed softly, wondering what they were planning, but didn’t say anything.

When Leo kissed her shoulder, John returned to lavishing attention on her front. The two reclined back farther, letting CJ slide a bit lower so her head was resting on his chest. Leo wrapped his arms around her, touching her arms affectionately, while John prepared to enter her.

CJ groaned, as she realized that John was fully intending to drive her crazy. His movements were slow and calculated, and any amount of moving on her part was met with slower reactions.

"John, please," she pleaded, raising her hips a little to give him a better angle of entry.

"Oh hush," John scolded, pushing down ever so gently on her pubic bone, right at the base of her clit, making every sensation in her body flood right THERE.

Her lips parted in soundless appreciation as he suddenly slid into her, the movement effortless and calculated to make her higher and hotter than before.

She felt so full, and secure, and entirely too turned on. Leo kept nuzzling her, doing little things to enhanced what John was putting her through. When he slid slowly out of her, she whimpered, and when he thrust back into her, she groaned and arched her back.

Leo kissed the left side of her neck, and John buried himself in her right shoulder, both men giving her the most excruciating pleasure she had ever dreamed imaginable.

She cried out in pleasure as John raised her legs and wrapped them around his waist. She was balanced on her tailbone, and he was thrusting gently into her, offering her the opportunity to guide him harder, faster, with a nudge of her ankles against his back.

She pulled him tight against her and rocked her hips as he thrust.

“Oh!” She bit down on her lower lip as John moved into her again. She reached for him, clawing one hand into his back, while her other hand gripped Leo’s. John bent down and kissed her, easing her bottom lip out from between her teeth.

Many moans became one as John and Leo continued to make her feel as if she were the only woman on earth. It was heady and passionate, this desire, and she began to weep as she came closer to orgasm.

She felt John kiss her tears away, while he continued to move with her. When her hand, under Leo’s, moved up to John’s arm, she gripped him. She was getting closer.

John felt her muscles contract around him as he moved inside of her, and when he felt their hands on him, he could feel his own body tightening under the strains of an orgasm.

CJ stopped breathing as everything within her tightened and imploded until she could feel nothing at all. Stars floated at the corners of her vision and she could feel the strangled cry that was wrested from her larynx, and then she was floating on a cloud sent from heaven to cushion her fall from glorious ecstasy.

"Oh, fuck," she heard John say, and then she felt his fingers gently smacking her cheeks. "CJ, hon..."

"Wow," she breathed, sucking cold air back into her lungs.

Leo looked at her, confused. “You okay?”

She nodded. “I’ve done this before...” She looked up and saw John looking at her, concern written all over his face. “John, I’m okay. No headlines being printed.”

John kissed her forehead. “Next time, think you can remember to breathe?”

"I'll try, but no guarantees," CJ promised with a little smirk. "It's just this thing you do, John -- that little nip on the neck when I'm about to come... it just... it pushes me over the edge entirely too much and I feel like it's killing me to want you so much. And I forget to breathe when that happens," she whispered, kissing him gently on the lips, settling gingerly back against Leo.

John blushed a little at her words. He smiled, and watched her. “Well, I can always stop biting your neck.”

“No... you wouldn’t!” CJ pretended to look offended, but her eyes were still playful.

“If it would keep you from passing out... maybe,” he said in a teasing tone.

"You are entirely too horny for your own good," CJ whispered, bringing him down for a kiss. She nibbled on his lower lip, then set him loose. "Baby, I love you," she murmured. "But you've got to get back to the Observatory before Danny finds your agent here."

John sighed. “Yeah, I know,” he kissed her shoulder, and then looked at Leo. “I hate it when she’s right.”

Leo chuckled. “Bugs the hell out of me, too.”

“Hey!” CJ cried out, pretending to be annoyed, but both men could still feel her playfulness.

"Do you want me to go?" John asked softly.

"No, but you need to -- Leo being here we can pass off as a work meeting, but not you, darling," CJ whispered, arching up to kiss him. "And we can't do this again while Helen is here --"

He cut her off with a sigh. “I know, I know.”

He sat up, legs over the edge of the bed, while he prepared to move away from them both. He knew he had to go; not one of them could afford to be caught in bed together. But, he couldn’t deny himself the pangs of discomfort he felt at the idea of leaving Leo and CJ together.

CJ ran her hands over his back, kissing along his spine. He turned and looked at her. “You keep that up, and I’ll never leave.”

“Alright, then,” she said, sitting up and removing her hands from his flesh.

She shrieked when John grabbed her hands and pulled her against his back. He leaned back and sought her lips. “I’ll call you later, maybe?”

"Please do," she murmured against his lips, deepening the kiss until he broke free.

"Don't do anything rash," he warned, shaking his finger at CJ first, then Leo. Leo smirked and blew him a kiss, and John shook his head, chuckling as he sought his clothes.

CJ sat down until he was fully dressed, and then she stood up to say good-bye. To her surprise, Leo stood up behind her. “Bye bye,” she waved, managing to steal a quick kiss. When he hugged her close, she whispered in his ear: “Thank you so much.”

He kissed her temple upon releasing her, whispering back: “You’re very welcome.”

When he stood in front of Leo, uncertainty filled the air. John hugged the fair man, and moved to kiss his cheek. When they were about to pull back, they met again quickly, their lips brushing. CJ beamed, although she still felt a twinge of sadness while she watched him walk away.

She waited until the front door closed and she no longer heard the sounds of anyone but Leo in the apartment to turn around and lift her thumbnail to her lips for a nibble. "Now, what am I going to do with you?" She asked rhetorically in Leo's direction before crossing back to the bed and lying down with him at her back. "Let's get some sleep," she whispered. "Work tomorrow."

“Sounds good,” he replied softly.

He brought a hand up and touched her shoulder. At that, CJ smiled and wriggled back against him. He pulled the covers up over them, and let his arm pull her close. She sighed and slowly felt sleep take over her exhausted body.

“Sweet dreams,” Leo whispered, pressing a kiss to her bare shoulder.

She hummed a response, already halfway asleep.

~*~

The next week was torture. CJ and Leo shared glances and smiles, but they could not get away long enough to share so much as a kiss. And John never had time to call CJ or Leo with his wife in town, so CJ went to bed every night and stared at the ceiling, wishing for a completeness she lacked.

This night was no exception. The night before she had decided that instead of staring up at her ceiling, she was going to organize her closet. Halfway into the project, she found a tennis ball in an old sports bag. That helped CJ create a new nighttime activity.

She was lying down on her bed, dressed in her most comfortable pajamas, tossing the ball up over her head, and catching it again.

Up, down, up, down.

But now that she'd done it for an hour straight, constant down up, down up, she not only had sore arms, but she was thinking about the way that John thrust into her -- down up, down up, harder, faster...

She flung the ball into the closet and rolled over to pull her pillow beneath her as a sob escaped her lips.

“Damn you!” She cursed, wiping as a few tears strayed down her face. The tender touch reminded her of Leo; hell, anything would remind her of the two men she cared for so much. She sobbed and cried out: “Both! Damn you both!”

Her breath quavered and she sobbed into her pillow for a long time until she became aware of a sound that didn't belong in her room.

She lifted her head and saw a blurry outline of a person standing there, and blinked away her tears until Leo came into view.

"I got your spare key from Carol's desk," he whispered, kneeling beside the bed and reaching up to stroke her hair back out of her face. "Oh, baby -- why're you cryin?"

“I miss you and John,” she sniffed. “I didn’t get to see much of you two lately.”

He reached to her table and pulled a tissue out of the box, using it to gently wipe her face. “I’m here now.”

She smiled, and nodded. “What did Carol say when you took her key?”

"She was already gone when I got it," Leo said with a smirk. "And tomorrow, I'll get a copy made. And put the original back."

"You're very sure of yourself," CJ whispered.

"I want to make you happy," he murmured.

She propped herself up so she could look into his eyes. “How long are you able to stay?”

“As long as you need me,” he replied honestly, brushing her cheek with his hand.

“Want to make me happy?” She asked hopefully.

"It's been a long day," Leo murmured.

"All you have to do is hold me," CJ whispered. "Hold me and tell me you love me."

He was already taking his shoes off. She sighed and smiled, watching him undress to his boxers. She pulled the covers down and slipped underneath them, and Leo slid in next to her.

“Better?”

“Mmmhmmm.”

He held her gently and kissed her neck. "I do love you," he whispered. "The last few days have been hell."

"They have," CJ whispered. "I love you." She gently stroked his hands around her waist with hers, and smiled.

When his hands expanded, fingers skimming over her flat stomach, underneath her shirt, she sighed. Gradually their fingers linked together, making her smile grow.

“You know--”

CJ was interrupted by Leo. “You’ll never get to sleep at this rate. I came to help, not hinder.”

She moaned and sighed. "I want nothing more than to feel you lavish me with attention," she whispered. "And I would do anything to have John here, too..."

"Yeah," Leo murmured, kissing her shoulder. "Get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day," he echoed her words of the other night.

She chuckled. “I knew you’d use those words against me.”

He kissed her shoulder again. “Close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths.”

She closed her eyes and sighed, taking a few deep breaths.

~*~

When she woke up, she felt Leo's warm, sleeping breaths against her neck, and she smiled. CJ could definitely get used to waking up in his arms.

She closed her eyes and smiled wider, feeling his erection against her back. She knew that he felt the same way.

So, she wriggled against him, until he took a deep breath that signified his waking up.

“Geez, CJ,” he muttered.

“Good morning, to you, too,” she purred back, while adjusting herself to turn around. Once facing him, looking at his eyes, she smiled. “Good morning, Leo.”

“Good morning, CJ,” he kissed her forehead. They both chuckled.

"What time is it?" She murmured.

"Four-fifteen."

"There's time for a little snuggle, then?" She murmured hopefully.

She shivered as his hand left her back to run up her side. Her toes curled as he caressed her cheek and kissed her. When he pulled back, he smiled. “I’m up for a little snuggle.”

CJ grinned and wrapped her arms around him. She shrieked when he lowered his lips to her neck, sucking and nipping gently. They tumbled around, the sheets tangling around them.

"You crazy man," she gasped, giggling as he kissed his way up to her face.

"I am -- crazy, crazy for you," he whispered, smiling and kissing her tenderly as the phone rang.

"Hold that thought," CJ murmured, reaching for the phone. "Hello? John -- babe, what's... oh no. Oh, honey. Okay, yeah -- yeah. I'm so sorry. Yeah. Okay. I'll see you soon." Her voice dropped an octave and she whispered, "I love you."

Leo stared at her and sighed as she hung up. "What happened?"

"Helen knows that John's having an affair," CJ whispered. "She's asking for a divorce. She left on Marine Two an hour ago -- he's coming over now because... jeez."

"Ceej..."

"He wants to drink."

Leo’s body tensed, the colour draining from his face. “Good God,” he sat up and pulled CJ up with him. “Does she know who--”

“Didn’t ask.”

“Right.” He was still frowning for a few minutes. Then, he started to spring into action. “I’m gonna get a little bit more dressed, and then, I’ll start cooking some breakfast. Something for when he gets here.”

“He might not want to eat... food,” she started.

He looked into her eyes. “He needs support. I want to help take care of him. As weird as this is... he needs us right now.”

"He won't want food," CJ repeated softly. "And he doesn't know you're here."

Leo stared at her for a long moment, then sighed. "I'm just as responsible as you are for him," he said firmly. "I want to be here to help."

She watched him for a moment, then whispered, "I love you so damn much, Leo. You're a good guy; there aren't enough of them in the world."

“And you’re a diamond in the rough,” he complemented her with a sad, slow smile. “Let’s get ready, okay?”

“Okay.”

Leo got up and left for the kitchen in his boxers and socks, and CJ went to the dresser to get the satin nightgown and robe that John loved so much. When she emerged from her bedroom, Leo was well on his way to three plates full of scrambled eggs and sausage links.

“That smells incredible.”

“Wanna get some coffee on the go?”

CJ nodded, and moved behind him to get started on her task. While she waited for it to be ready, she poured three glasses of orange juice.

By the time Leo had set the table and put the food out, CJ had the juice down, the coffee ready to be poured, and there was a soft knocking on the front door.

Leo looked up, but CJ covered his hand with hers. "I'll go," she whispered. She got up and went to the door, and let John in quietly, without a word.

John looked over her shoulder at Leo and frowned, then he looked down at CJ, and he groaned. "Please don't tell me he fucked you tonight," he pleaded. "It would be more than I could... take..."

She shook her head, and opened her arms. “We were sleeping.” He fell into her embrace, breathing deeply. She rubbed his back, trying to soothe him; when she felt moisture on her shoulder, she wanted to cry with him. “Let it out.”

He did, for a few more minutes. Then, he lifted his head and kissed her forehead. “It smells terrific in here.”

CJ smiled, and kissed him back. “We cooked.” When Leo cleared his throat, CJ shrugged bashfully. “Well, I brewed and poured. He cooked.”

“We thought you might...” Leo fumbled. “...need some support.”

John smiled shakily at him, and nodded. "Okay," he exhaled, his fingers twining possessively with CJ's.

"Come on, babe," she murmured, pulling him to the dinette. "Let's get something to eat."

They sat down together, the silence bothering CJ more than she would’ve liked. John was probably angry that he didn’t have her to himself, and CJ knew that it wouldn’t have been fair to Leo to ask him to leave. She had put them together before, and this wasn’t sexual; this was about concern, love, and respect.

Finally, John broke the silence. “This is really good.”

"It is," CJ murmured. "Thank you, Leo -- I'm glad you were here because I would've burnt some toast and made some coffee and just fucked things up."

"Oh, sweetheart," John exhaled. "Just you being here would've been enough. But Leo did me a favor, 'cause I haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday. Helen... pretty much locked me in the room and didn't let me out." He sighed and pushed his coffee away. "I didn't tell her a name, but I told her I had an affair."

“Is she going to ask for a name?” CJ asked.

John frowned. “She didn’t want one. With her, though, she could always change her mind.”

CJ nodded slowly and sighed. "I guess it was coming, eventually," she whispered.

"Hey," Leo said softly, reaching for her hand. "It's not your fault. It's no one's fault. And if push comes to shove, we'll all have to take the fall, because we're in it together for the long haul."

"I don't... I don't want to hurt you," John whispered, kneeling down in front of CJ. "Not now, not ever. I'll resign before I'll hurt you, Claudia."

She turned slightly to see him better, and cupped his face in her hands. “I hurt myself, John. Who flirted with you that night? Me. Granted, you were looking awfully sexy, and doing some flirting yourself, but still. I knew what I was getting into,” she looked over his head at Leo. “And, the three of us wouldn’t be here like this if it wasn’t for me.”

"You can't blame yourself for all of this," Leo said firmly, reaching for her hand.

"Damn it," CJ whispered, getting up and leaving the room. She went to the living room to stare out the window onto the street below. Her stomach was roiling in protest and she felt pretty damn bad that she was the reason that this was happening.

Leo continued to speak, although his voice was soft. “We all agreed to this, CJ.”

“You wouldn’t have agreed to it if it weren’t for me,” she muttered, still gazing at some of the cars parked outside.

"You don't know that," Leo said softly. "Maybe John and I had... an attraction... that would've made itself known, eventually."

"I forced you to do it," CJ whispered. "I forced you to look me in the eye and act on something that you didn't feel."

"Claudia," John whispered, coming up behind her. "I felt you, and your pleasure -- your happiness," he murmured in her ear, his hands gently caressing her arms and reassuring her a tiny bit.

“But, I wrecked your happiness,” her whisper was full of emotion.

“You certainly didn’t,” he countered, with a soft voice that still had conviction. “You don’t know what you do to me, do you?” When she shook her head, he continued. “You’ve made me feel alive... I didn’t think anything, anyone would do that again. You’ve shown me so much,” he kissed her neck. “You’ve done nothing but bring me happiness.”

She choked out: “I’m a home wrecker!”

"My home was wrecked a long time before I met you," John whispered, leaning his chin onto her shoulder and sighing. "You are the best thing in my life, Claudia Jean, and I will never do anything to hurt you intentionally. I give you my word."

Leo hung back, unsure where he fit into this equation. Was he the solution or the second variable? Was he the one that was out of place?

Cj turned in John's arms and said, very quietly, "I love you, John, but I can't... I can't stand that I'm causing you so much pain."

“I caused it, too,” he murmured quietly. She sniffled softly, and dropped her head onto his chest. They held each other in silence, neither one wanting to say what was on their minds. Leo watched them in fascination, a sad fascination, as he couldn’t decipher what they weren’t saying.

"I am so sorry," CJ finally whispered, her voice low and husky with tears.

"Me, too," John said softly, stroking her hair. He rubbed her back, offering her comfort when it was supposed to be the other way around.

CJ straightened up, finally, and backed away from him a little. "I don't know what's going to happen, John, but it's been incredible until now."

He smiled and kissed her. “Yeah, it has been.”

She leaned into the kiss, but didn’t hold the embrace long. Leo’s quiet presence was holding her back, even if she didn’t want to admit it. When she pulled back and brushed her hand through John’s hair, he yawned. She smiled, and stroked his cheek with a gentle touch that even gave herself a slight shiver. “Wanna take a nap?”

“It won’t help,” he replied. “Just a tease before we have to go to work.”

"You wanna talk?" She murmured, reaching up to run her fingers through his hair.

"I'd rather fool around a little," John said, staring into her very soul. "One last time."

CJ inhaled sharply. "What are you talking about, crazy man? One last time -- unless Danny or your wife spill the beans..."

"I don't want to hurt you," John whispered, stroking her hair back out of her face.

She shook her head. “Let me worry about getting hurt, okay?”

“You sure?”

“Very sure,” she replied. “I’m the boss of me, buddy.”

He chuckled and pulled her close. “Alright, then.”

Leo cleared his throat. "I'll go," he said, gesturing at the door.

"Don't be ridiculous," John said, a sudden, wolfish grin spreading over his features.

“But--”

“He told you to stop being ridiculous, Leo,” CJ peeked at him over John’s shoulder. “We all fit on the bed. Just... let’s watch the comforter this time.”

Leo glanced down, briefly, and counted the pros and cons of the situation. Realizing he wasn’t anywhere close to giving up whatever was happening between them, he looked back up and nodded. “Okay.”

CJ grinned, and leaned up to kiss John quickly. He gripped her close, picking her up off her feet and swirled her around, which made her shriek happily. He loved seeing her so happy; it made him feel better about the mess he was in.

He carried her to the bedroom and dumped her onto the bed, standing back to take off his shirt and his shoes. Leo came in behind them, and he stopped John from taking off his pants.

Leo's shaking fingers undid John's belt buckle, and CJ lay back upon the pillows to watch them.

John’s breath sucked in quickly when Leo’s fingers danced over his stomach as he unfastened the button and zipper of his pants. Leo smirked and glanced over at CJ; her eyes were glassy, as she watched hungrily. He bent down and slid John’s pants down, caressing and lightly massaging John’s legs as he exposed them.

"Damn, Leo," John growled on what almost sounded like a purr as Leo's hands danced back up his thighs, brushing against the front of his boxers.

CJ couldn't take her eyes off of them, jealous that they might take it a step further, and leave her out.

Leo’s smirk stretched into what looked like a very evil smile, as he brushed John’s front again as he stood up. John’s hips bucked forward into the touch, and his hands gripped Leo’s arms; he seemed to be begging for control.

"Wow," CJ breathed, and both men suddenly remembered she was there, watching them. "No, please don't stop," she exclaimed when Leo pulled away from John. "I'm fine over here -- you're both just so... damn hot," she finished lamely.

Leo eyed her. “You, ah--”

She cut him off with a wave of her hand. “Get back at it, boys.”

John chuckled, and reached out for Leo.

Leo turned and John got a handful of Leo's boxers -- and what was beneath -- completely by accident. Leo gasped and arched into John's grasp further.

“Oh, God,” Leo muttered through clenched teeth, as he too struggled for some restraint. “John...”

“Two can play at this game,” John whispered playfully.

"Do you really want to?" Leo growled, reaching for John's boxers and grabbing a tight hold of the bulge that was very quickly forming there. "Because I'm going to win."

He raised an eyebrow. “That a challenge?”

“Oh, definitely,” Leo nodded, letting his other hand run up John’s chest.

"I'm the number two," John said.

"And I'm number three," Leo said with a smirk, "Coming up from behind..." He tightened his grip on John's cock and CJ moaned from the bed.

Both men looked over at CJ; her robe had been discarded, and her nightgown was up around her hips, while she rubbed herself, her eyes focused on them. “Don’t you dare stop,” she muttered.

John chuckled, and looked at Leo. “Don’t want to disappoint her,” he leaned in close, his lips hovering over Leo’s dangerously close. “Don’t want to lose.”

"Me, either," Leo growled, closing the distance between them and kissing him with fully unguarded passion.

It felt so damn good to just let loose that Leo didn't notice John's hand moving over his ass until he pinched hard.

Leo flexed into John’s body, groaning at the pinch and the feeling of muscle in front of him. He moved his hands over John, settling on his hips, to hold him securely in front of him. His fingers dipped under the elastic waistband, teasing John slowly.

"You think that's gonna win you a prize?" John ground out. "Think again, McGarry."

The taunt pushed Leo to the breaking point. He growled and yanked John's boxers down to his knees, dropping onto his knees and regarding the other man's cock.

"Whoever comes first loses," Leo stipulated with a smirk.

John looked down at him. “Well, clearly, I’m going to come first if I can’t dish out some of this, too.” In one smooth movement, he dipped down, picked Leo up, and moved him towards the bed. “CJ, darling, do you mind if we continue this on the bed?”

“Oh, no,” she replied breathlessly. “By all means.”

"And may I enlist your assistance, my darling sex pot?" John asked with a grin.

"Oh no, I'm not getting involved in the power play," CJ croaked. "I'd rather tie you both up and have my wicked way with each of you on your own -- but hell, if you need lube, lemme know."

John laughed and ran his hand over Leo’s chest, settling on one of his nipples, to begin toying with it. Leo smothered a moan by putting his mouth to good use on John’s neck.

CJ scooted back against the pillows and continued to watch them, one hand between her legs. She had never dreamed they’d abandon their inhibitions so readily to give in to passion.

Leo groaned and pulled away from John. "I forfeit," he muttered, rubbing his forehead. "Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather play with Claudia Jean."

CJ’s eyes widened. “I can play with myself just fine,” she whispered, her voice rough with desire.

As Leo broke his attentions from John to converse with her, John had decided not to play fair. He began with a massage, loosening Leo’s neck muscles; at the contact, Leo gasped and relaxed, muttering something about cheating.

"You know I don't play fair," John growled into Leo's ear, unknotting each muscle one motion at a time. Leo gasped and his hips lurched forward when John hit a sensitive point that made him almost convulse with need.

“Damn you,” Leo cursed on a heavy sigh as John took advantage of his hips’ movement, bringing his hand down on Leo’s throbbing erection. John squeezed gently, applying just enough pressure to drive Leo crazy. “Oh, geez!”

"I'm going to win and there's not a damn thing you can do about it," John groaned in Leo's ear.

Leo's hand went behind his back and between them to grab John's cock and tug hard. John cried out and surged into Leo's hand with a strangled cry of lust.

"You lose," Leo grunted.

John muttered something about rules, but Leo didn’t get a chance to reply, because John somehow managed to get on top of Leo. When he started showering Leo’s chest with kisses, he knew he was going to pay.

After sucking and nibbling at his left nipple, John moved to his right, and then continued down. Leo writhed and moaned. “I thought I won.”

“You don’t want your reward?” John asked, looking up at him after lavishing attention to his waistline.

Both men turned to look at CJ when she suddenly bucked and cried out. "Jeez, woman," John said, eyes widening.

"So-orry," CJ panted brokenly as she relaxed again slowly.

John turned back to Leo and teased. “Can you believe her?”

“Hey,” CJ protested. “At least I didn’t pass out again.”

Leo shrugged. “She has a poi--” John had already returned to the task in front of him: getting Leo to lose control.

Leo exhaled shakily as John's tongue ran over his erection. "Jesus Christ, John," he panted, tangling his fingers in the sheets.

"Nice," CJ murmured, moving to nibble on Leo's ear.

“Not fair, not fair, not fair,” Leo murmured.

John glanced at CJ and laughed. “When do we ever play fair, sweetheart?”

“Never,” she purred.

“Exactly,” John agreed, before returning to licking Leo.

CJ moaned into Leo's ear and nibbled her way down his neck, over his shoulders, and ran her fingernails down his back, making him lurch into John's face.

Leo moaned loudly, as John worked him over, CJ applying the finishing touches; he could hardly believe he was floating between them, feeling so close to release, but unable to fall over the edge yet. John was keeping him in limbo, pushing him on, and holding him off with tricks he never suspected from the darker man.

"On the count of three," CJ murmured in his ear. "One... two... three..."

Leo shouted, "Oh, fuck!" And it was all over, John sat up, wrinkling his nose as he wiped his face.

"I don't know how you women do it," John groaned.

CJ smiled. “It’s a labour of love,” she said was a roll of her eyes. Then, she added: “Honestly, John, it isn’t so bad.”

John slid up Leo’s trembling body, to kiss him soundly on the mouth. Then, CJ tugged him to her to to put her lips on his. They kissed slowly, relishing the moment.

CJ sighed softly as she pulled away and gently stroked Leo's back. "You okay, Leo?" She murmured, since he hadn't said anything in a while.

"Damn," Leo groaned.

John moved so he was next to CJ, his arm around her shoulders while she tended to Leo.

The fair man reached up and touched John’s chin. “Thanks.”

“So, who won?”

Leo grinned, despite his exhaustion, and shrugged. “Let’s call it a draw.”

“Damn, I wanted to win,” John countered with a smile.

"We'll try again later," CJ promised softly. "But now, we all need sleep because we're going to have to go work soon."

"Damn," John grumbled.

“Look,” she tried to make him see her point. “You have a chance to get at least an hour or more of rest, and you’re going to need every little bit of it to get through today.”

"True," John muttered.

"So lean back and hold me, and get some sleep," she whispered.

~*~

The day was uneventful, thank God, and CJ and Leo met up in his office before she left. "Coming over tonight?" She asked softly. "We've only got a couple of days till my period kicks in."

"Too much information," Leo groaned softly.

She laughed. “Leo, it’s only a little--”

“Aahh!” He raised his hands in protest. “I don’t wanna hear it.”

“Big wimp,” she grinned. “Anyway, did you want to? We could order take out, kick back, relax--”

“And if I don’t want to relax?”

"Then we can do something a little more entertaining," she said, winking. "So, you game?"

Leo grabbed her hand and pulled her closer. He kissed her softly, slowly, tenderly until her toes curled in her Italian leather pumps and her breathing came fast and hard. And then he released her.

"Wow," she whispered.

“You taste so good,” he commented softly.

She smiled and shook her head, as if trying to shake some sense into her. “I’ll never think about this office the same way again.”

"Good," Leo said with a smile. "I'll catch up with you in a while, okay?"

"I'll get Chinese," CJ said, leaning forward to kiss him gently on the lips. "Love you."

"Same," he said, waving as she walked away. He couldn't say he loved her -- not yet. Not till he had to say it to keep her.

She noticed the change in his words and voice, but she didn’t comment. Instead, she continued walking to her office, praying that there were no emergencies waiting for her so she could go home and prepare for her evening.

There weren't any, so she got to leave and get take out and prep for company.

She had just gotten changed into a tank top and a pair of lounge pants when Leo let himself into the apartment. "Smells good," he commented.

"I got your favorite," CJ said, gesturing at the table.

"I meant you," Leo said with a shy smile.

She raised an eyebrow. “Flattery will get you everywhere.”

He grinned, looking a little less bashful, and opened his arms for her. She fell into his embrace, hugging him tightly to her.

She inhaled deeply and sighed as she exhaled, blissfully happy to be held so tenderly. "Thanks for coming," she murmured, kissing his neck, then pulling away a little.

"Thanks for asking me," he murmured, pulling her down for a soft, lingering kiss.

After the sweet kiss, she sighed. “When you kiss me like that...”

“What happens?” He prodded.

“I think my insides melt,” she replied, tucking herself against him again.

He smiled. "Good," he whispered. "You hungry for food or --"

"My insides went all melty," she said in a 'duh' tone. "I'm not in the mood for food, Leo."

“Oh,” he responded, a silly grin spreading over his face. “Well, will it reheat?”

She shrugged. “We can try. I don’t really care.” She looked up at him. “I just want you.”

"Are you always this insatiable?" He asked worriedly.

"No," she murmured, thoughtfully. "Only with you and John."

"Thank god for small favors," Leo choked out as she backed away to take off her tank top. He gaped when he saw that there had been nothing underneath it.

She grinned, taking his hand and putting it over one of her breasts. “Cutting corners, saving time,” she purred, squeezing his hand so it squeezed her. “You don’t like?” She smirked when he didn’t respond, and asked another question: “I can always go and put one on, so you can take it off.”

“Oh, no, don’t you dare,” he managed to make his voice work. “I like this.”

"Good," she whispered, smiling as she leaned down for a kiss. She moaned into his mouth as he kneaded her breast and turned her to putty in his hands. "Damn, Leo -- you were holding out on me," she panted when they broke for air.

His lungs begged for air, but all he wanted to do was keep kissing her. “I won’t anymore,” he managed with a boyish smirk.

“Goody,” she replied, wrapping her arms around him to kiss him.

She moaned and arched against him, wanting nothing more than to take the tumble into his arms and make him hers. No one else's -- not Jenny's, not John's, not Jordon's. Hers.

He stroked her bare back, making her shiver and sigh for more as his kisses grew more insistent. She nibbled on his lower lip when he caressed her sides, and she fell back when his hands slipped up between them to fondle her breasts.

“Leo...”

He dipped his head to nuzzle his mouth along the soft underside of each tender mound. She shivered and pulled him closer.

"Not... here... Not... like this," she moaned, wanting nothing more than for him to clear the table and take her there, hot and hard. "Bedroom, please..."

"No," Leo growled. "The couch. Not that bed."

CJ opened her eyes and looked at him, not comprehending the reason behind that tone in his voice. “Sounds good,” she nodded, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the living area.

“CJ...”

“No,” she said, after placing a kiss on his lips. “The sofa’s fine.” She shrugged and smiled. “Better than fine, actually.”

"You're upset," Leo whispered, knowing the tilt of her chin and the glint in her eyes. He gently grabbed her chin between his thumb and forefinger. "What happens in your bed is for three. Not two," he whispered. "I want just you -- not the ghost of John lurking over my shoulder."

She nodded and sighed. “Yeah, makes sense. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry,” he said, brushing his lips over various spots on her face.

She worried if she was doing the same excruciating thing to John, and she would’ve brooded over it, but Leo’s lips were chasing any logical thoughts away.

“Leo,” she whispered, trying to make things right. “When I’m with you, I’m only with you.”

"I'm just making sure," he whispered, kissing her hungrily. He wanted to help her make her decision -- when the triangle was finished, he wanted her to be with him. He wanted it so badly he could taste it, and he didn't know if he'd be able to admit defeat.

They eased down onto the sofa, CJ nestled in Leo’s lap causing agonizing friction. She fingered his shirt, and whispered: “It needs to come off.”

“Mhmm,” he nodded in agreement.

She untied his tie slowly, painstakingly, before pulling it from around his neck and going for the shirt buttons. "Are you angry with me?" She asked softly.

"No."

"Then why are you treating me so clinically?" CJ asked softly. "I see in your eyes that it's not just sex anymore. Not for you, not with me. Tell me what you feel, Leo. Don't hold back."

He smiled sadly. He didn’t want to give in so quickly. So, instead, he whispered. “Let me show you, CJ,” he reached for her hands and took them in his, raining light kisses on their backs, before turning them over and kissing her palms and wrists. He kissed his way up her left arm, trailing over her shoulder, up her neck, until he reached her lips.

There, he used sweet force to seduce her. Her body was humming, completely on fire with each move his lips made. She tried to kiss him back, but she was so deep in the fog he created, her mind was almost useless.

It was more than simple passion that ignited between them, that much she knew as he brought her closer to the edge of sanity, threatening to push her over into a realm where even the smartest were hard-put to survive.

If she wasn't careful, he would make her fall head over heels in love with him.

She sighed into his mouth and pulled him closer. He responded, bringing his hands to her hips, sliding them over the curve of her ass so he could tug her down into him more. He grunted, and continued to kiss her, knowing the effect he was having on her was as potent as hers on him.

"Leo... oh Leo," she breathed, moaning deep in the back of her throat as he slid the lounge pants from her hips, over her ass and down her thighs.

Why did he have to torment her so much?

His hands on her bare flesh were entirely too much for her; they seemed so cool against her burning skin.

“You’re slowly killing me, Leo,” she whispered, bringing her mouth from his to trail it along his jaw. “Killing me.”

"I don't want to give you up," Leo groaned, reaching between them to fumble with his belt. "You're like a drug, Claudia Jean -- and I can't get enough of you."

Those were very potent words, and CJ felt their force. They knocked the wind from her sails, and she had to make herself pay attention so she wouldn’t get swept away.

She moved so they could pull his pants down. More skin on skin; she smiled and slid against him to create more friction.

He groaned and brought her lips back to his to kiss her until she screamed for mercy into the recesses of his throat. He ran his fingers through her hair and stroked her back, wanting her to know what it was really like with just him.

"Leo," she whispered between deep kisses that made her feel as though she was floating on a potent sea that threatened to drag her under for good. "Turn us over, and fuck me, please," she pleaded.

“I intend to,” he purred against her throat. Slowly they turned over, Leo doing most of the work. Any remaining items of clothing were discarded with a quick movement that sent Leo’s boxers sailing across the room. He smirked at the sight before turning his attention back to CJ, who was trying to wait patiently underneath him.

He smirked at her, and she melted completely. Her brain was mush. It was the look in his eyes and the way he smiled. It spelled out "I want to fuck you now and make you part of me forever" in big capital letters that glowed like neon. And, much to her dismay, she loved it. She loved that look and she felt whole with him.

She burst into tears and pushed him away.

“Ceej?”

“Leo...” she managed to hiccup his name out between sobs. “I’m sorry... I just...”

He reached for her, which wasn’t easy because she struggled against him every time he made a move, and asked softly: “Did I do something wrong?”

“No,” she wailed, “You just do everything so right...”

He finally managed to get past her flailing arms and gently stroked her cheek. "Oh, baby --" He whispered.

"I never thought," she sobbed, "I never thought it would come down to having to choose between you and John. And, somehow, I can't... I just can't... I can't choose him."

Leo tried not to let those words mean as much as they were supposed to; he knew that things could change, and knowing his luck, they could at any minute. He kissed her forehead, and tried to wipe her tears away, but they were still staining her cheeks.

"Oh, god, Leo, I'm so sorry," she murmured, swiping at her eyes. "I am -- and you've got to be hurting now."

Leo shrugged. "You okay now?"

She smiled shakily. "Yeah."

"Okay, 'cause I am hurting like hell," Leo groaned, losing all of the false bravado that had carried him through the last couple of minutes. His cock was screaming bloody murder for release.

She hesitantly leaned forward and kissed him, part of her afraid that he’d push her away after that outburst. But, he didn’t; instead, he pulled her closer.

With calculated movements, she slid over his waist and eased herself down onto him. He gasped, not completely expecting it, and then groaned as he found himself buried in her.

Her lips parted and she exhaled shakily, moaning as he filled her completely. He changed positions slowly, kissing her all the while, until she was on her back beneath him. His thrusts became hurried and frantic, trying so damn hard to find blessed orgasm.

He felt the force of her climax slam into him like a freight train, and he lost control, spilling into her and almost fainting with the intensity.

“Leo?” She whispered near his ear, as he sought control in the safety of her shoulder. “Leo? I swear... if you passed out and left me here, pinned to the sofa...”

He asked playfully, still not moving his head. “You’ll what?”

“You okay over there?” She brought a hand up to brush over his head and neck.

“Yah,” he replied. “Just recovering.”

"Okay," she whispered, reaching up to stroke his hair. She closed her eyes and inhaled that scent that was just him, and her perfume, and their sex, still strong, still lingering in the air. It made her smile, but her smile vanished the instant that she realized that she had plunged headfirst under the waves of lust and had come face to face with love.

"Move, please," she whispered, trying to get out from under him before she threw up.

He moved, stunned at her behavior, and called out to her as she bolted for the bathroom. “CJ, what the hell--”

He stopped talking when she slammed the bathroom door behind her. He got up, tracked his boxers down, and followed her. He didn’t go into the bathroom, afraid to intrude, but he waited and listened.

She finally emerged after about ten minutes, looking haggard and sick. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I just... it's not a game anymore," she admitted quietly, meeting his eyes. "Sex -- between us -- isn't a game anymore."

He nodded slowly, knowing she was torn between two loves. She sighed and leaned against the door frame for support, not knowing what else to say.

“Let’s lie down,” he suggested, knowing that while he had reservations about her bed, she needed some rest.

"Mmmkay," CJ agreed softly, letting him lead her to the bed, whose linens and blankets she had changed.

Leo stared down at it. "This isn't your bed," he said.

She smiled a little. "It is -- the dry cleaning place won't clean the comforter, so I bought a new set." She took a deep breath. "And no one but you and I are going to see it," she promised.

Her words gave him hope; he pulled the covers back, and ran his hands over the new sheets, savouring their fresh feeling. Then, he eased himself down onto the mattress, and opened his arms up for her.

When CJ slid next to him, she sighed and snuggled against him. She rested her head on his chest, while he cradled her, savouring the security his presence loaned her.

She kissed where her lips could reach, and murmured. “Thanks.”

"You're welcome," he said softly. He wasn't sure what he was being thanked for -- she was the one that deserved thanks.

~*~

Her period was early. Almost 24 hours early, and it irritated the hell out of CJ. She threw a file at Carol as she stalked back from the briefing to get some kind of tampon or pad or something because it wasn't mortifying enough to be stuck in a room full of reporters -- oh, no...

When she came back from the bathroom, Carol grabbed her arm. "Danny's in there, waiting."

CJ cocked her head to one side and asked. “Ahh, why?”

“He said he had to talk to you about something.”

“Any clue?”

Carol shrugged. “No, sorry.”

"Okay," CJ said, going into the office with a fake smile on her face. "Dan, my man -- what up?"

"I don't know who Hoynes is having his affair with, just yet," Danny said with a self-satisfied smirk. "But I sniffed out that Mrs. Hoynes knows and has asked for a divorce."

"Only a few people know that, Danny," CJ said quietly.

"You being one?"

"The Vice President informed me, yes."

Danny raised an eyebrow. “And, what’s being done about it?”

CJ sighed, frustration and fear in an odd combination making her hands tremble. “Danny, what are you going to do about it?”

"Nothing, right now," he said. "Because I don't have the whole story. As soon as I do, you'll be the first to know, so you can start spinning."

"That's what I was afraid of," CJ said with a sigh, sitting down behind her desk. "Sometimes, you can be a real asshat."

“Me?” He pretended to look offended, but she knew he wasn’t the least bit ashamed.

“Yes, you,” she waved her hands in the direction of the door. “I have work to do, Danny, so--”

“Do you know who the Vice President’s having an affair with?”

"Why would I know that?" CJ asked sharply. "You think I'm his priest?"

"No, but you know about the divorce."

"Because he happens to be a responsible member of the government, who saw fit to tell me that something was going to explode in my face," she retorted.

"Can't be too responsible if he had an affair and gets caught," Danny replied.

After reminding herself that he was trying to bait her, she forced herself to take two deep breaths to calm down. “Danny... just don’t mess around in it, okay?”

"Thanks for your advice, CJ, but you know that I have a job to do," Danny said with a smile. "And I'm going to go do it."

~*~

CJ told John that she was indisposed for the rest of the week -- which was true. What she didn't tell him was that she was spending every night sleeping in Leo's arms, getting closer and closer to whispering those three most important words and meaning them.

But when her period stopped, she called his office and made an appointment.

Before heading over to see him, she checked herself over in the mirror, making sure she looked okay. She gave herself a supportive smile, and then she headed out.

John was waiting in his office, sitting behind his desk, when she was shown in. "Hey," he said brightly as Janeane left. "I missed you..." He said after the door clicked shut.

"Yeah," CJ said, smiling shakily, moving closer, right into his arms. They shared a passionate kiss, then she broke away. "Danny's really coming down the wire on this one. He wants the story and he's going to stop at nothing to get it."

He frowned. He didn’t like Danny much, especially now that his nosy ways had a good chance of getting him in trouble. “How close is he?”

“He knows you had an affair, that your wife’s asking for a divorce... he just doesn’t know who.” She sighed. “I don’t know how long it’ll take him.”

“We were always careful.”

She looked up. “In the beginning, yeah... but... what if...”

"If someone saw us at your place," John started quietly, "we can pass it off as a strategy meeting about the divorce situation. And Leo will tell the same story, right?"

"Yes," CJ whispered. "But we can't... John, it's too risky. We can't do this again."

Hearing her say those words frightened him. He swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat, and softly asked: “You can walk away from what we have?”

“How can you ask me that?” She hissed.

"I'm asking because you're threatening to do it!" John exclaimed.

"Do you think it would be easy for me to walk away from you?" CJ asked in anguish. She stared at him with the gaze of a wounded animal, then pulled him close for a kiss that left no illusions between them.

~*~

"Oh, god, John," CJ screamed into his kiss as he took her hard and fast on the couch.

The door swung open and she heard Janeane distinctly say, "You can't go in there -- Mr. Concannon!"

John instinctively wrapped himself around CJ, trying to protect her. She heard Danny’s footsteps stop in the doorway, and cringed, waiting for the explosion.

“CJ,” Danny broke the fearful silence in the room. “Funny bumping into you again... while you’re bump--”

John’s voice was quiet, but unwavering. “Give us a minute, Danny, and then we can discuss this.”

"What's there to discuss?" Danny asked with an amused smile.

CJ's arousal was gone. Completely. She pushed John away and cringed when their bodies parted with entirely too much noise. She pulled her skirt back down quickly and buttoned her blouse over her open bra, feeling sick to her stomach. "What do you want, Danny?" She asked in a shaky voice.

“What no one else but me seems to have,” he answered. “The biggest scandal to come through here in a while.”

She frowned. John had cleaned himself up, and was sitting down while CJ chose to pace around the room. “Danny,” John started, after some brow furrowing thought. “Is there anything that’ll keep you from releasing this?”

Danny snorted. "You kidding?"

"No, he's not," CJ whispered. "I'll resign -- I'll..."

"I'll call the President right now, on this phone, and I will resign," John said firmly, making CJ jump and turn to stare at him. "I told you, Ceej. I told you that I would resign before I would let you get hurt."

She started to cry, softly, as she muffled the sounds with her hands. John looked at Danny, very seriously, and asked: “Would that suffice?”

Muted, Danny nodded.

John walked to CJ, and rubbed her arms. “Claudia, don’t cry.” He kissed her forehead. “It’s going to be alright.”

"No, it's not," she whispered. "It's not going to be all right."

~*~

Leo stared at Bartlet. "What?"

"Hoynes resigned."

"Why?"

"He's been having an affair --"

"With CJ," Leo supplied.

"How did you --"

"She told me."

Jed frowned. “She told you?” When Leo nodded slowly, he sighed and rubbed his chin. “I thought that you and--”

Leo’s eyebrows jumped as he launched into a quick explanation: “She told me because Danny came by sniffing, and she wanted me to be prepared.”

“Well, this is a fine mess,” he said, sitting down in his chair. “Didn’t CJ think about the repercussions of their affair?”

Leo nodded. “She was aware.”

"She should've thought it through before she launched into his lap," Bartlet growled, slamming his hand on the desk.

"Sir, I don't appreciate your tone," Leo said angrily. "People don't think sometimes, and it shouldn't be held against her -- it looks like the affair is going to get lost in the resignation scandal, which is just what Hoynes will have wanted."

Jed sighed, tension still evident in his features. “Yes, I guess so. Would you send CJ in here?”

“Are you going to--”

“I’d like to see how she’s doing, Leo,” he grumbled. “I might be angry, but I’m not completely insensitive.”

He nodded. “I’ll see if I can find her, Sir.”

~*~

CJ stumbled into her office and closed the doors behind her, closing the blinds and sinking onto the couch. She felt absolutely horrible.

She had been the reason that politics had lost one of the best players in the gig. She was the reason that hell was becoming the world itself. She knew that John expected something in return from her, but she couldn't give it.

She rubbed her hands over her face, and then pulled a pillow into her lap to bend down into. She begged for the ground to open up and swallow her whole.

When she heard the soft knocking, she turned her head and called out: “If it’s not the end of the world, stay out.”

Leo opened the door and poked his head in. “Hey.”

CJ’s lip started to tremble, and before she knew it, she was sobbing. Leo shut the door quickly, locking it, and sat next to her, wrapping himself around her.

"Oh god, oh god," she moaned over and over again. "I really fucked up, I really --"

"Shh," Leo whispered, stroking her back, her hair, holding her gently to reassure her. "Oh, honey..."

"He took the fall for me," she sobbed. "He..."

Leo continued his attempt at comfort. “He knew what could happen. He wasn’t blind to the possible...”

“I should’ve been stronger,” she murmured. “This is all my fault.”

"No, it's not," Leo declared firmly. "We all walked into this with wide open eyes, CJ. And we made the choices we did. And now the consequences are playing themselves out."

"I think he wants me to go to him now," CJ whispered. "To be his because he sacrificed everything for me."

Leo had known that CJ would feel that way. He couldn’t hold onto her, forbidding her to see him, because that would only create friction between them. But, he didn’t want to lose what was so real and developing between them.

He pressed her lips to his forehead. “Do you want to?”

“Part of me does,” she answered truthfully. “But, part of me...” CJ had trailed off and put her hand over Leo’s heart. He put his hand over hers. “I should go see him... just to...” She shivered and tucked her face into the safety of his neck.

“I hate to ask you this,” Leo spoke softly. “But, the President wants to see you.”

She stiffened. “Is he... gonna fire me?”

"No. I won't let him."

"You can't forbid him to fire me," CJ said firmly.

"I'm not. He just wants to see if you're okay," Leo said softly.

"I'm not," she whispered.

"I know."

She asked: “Guess I should get that over with, then, huh?”

“Maybe,” he replied. “Sooner you go in, sooner you go home.”

“Home?”

He nodded. “Yes, home. You shouldn’t be here now.”

“But, I have briefings, and--”

“You honestly think you can handle being in the same room as Danny right now, think you can do your job with everything going on in that pretty head of yours?” She shook her head. “So, go home, get some rest.”

"What about John?" She asked softly.

"What about him? He's a big boy -- he can take care of himself," Leo said in a grave tone. "If he calls you, you should see him, but don't go trying to seek him out."

"Leo," CJ whispered. "I was... we were... when Danny walked in."

Leo’s heart nearly stopped. He nodded, accepting that CJ’s attraction for John wouldn’t die away as he desired, and but didn’t say anything. He wanted to hear what else CJ was going to tell him, if anything at all.

“We were arguing,” she continued as he had hoped. “I told him that it was too risky, that we shouldn’t be doing what we were doing. It got heated,” she shuddered. “Before I knew it, it was just happening. I’m such a sucker for punishment.”

“No, you’re a sucker for him,” he teased sadly. “His mysteriously good looks, and sweet side he saves for you...” She started to whimper, so he quickly changed tactics. “His feelings for you are genuine, CJ.”

“Are you angry with me?”

He considered the question for a moment, then shook his head. "No. I'm sad because you chose him. But he makes you happy and I can live with that as long as I can see you smile."

"But I didn't choose him," she said earnestly, reaching for his hands. She tangled her fingers with his and murmured, "I could no sooner leave you than go without air, Leo. You are... I'm a sucker for John. But I'm in... love... with you."

He was really shocked, not entirely expecting those words to escape her lips. “What?”

“You heard me.”

He guided her head up so he could look into her eyes. “Say it again.”

The words had been meant as a question, but it came out as a soft command.

She licked her lips as he wiped at her still-falling tears. “I’m in love with you, Leo.”

"You're serious," he whispered.

"I am," she murmured, biting her lip. "I've made my choice and it's you, Leo. It's you." She hesitated for a moment, then leaned into him, putting her arms around him and hugging him tightly.

He returned the embrace, rocking her gently back and forth. “I’m in love with you, too, CJ.” He nuzzled her. “It feels so good to exchange those words.”

“Yeah,” she sighed.

"But you still feel for John," he whispered.

"I feel something for him, yes -- I don't know what," she admitted softly.

He could accept that, he realized, because he knew too well how feelings didn’t fade away easily. “You take all the time you need to sort that out, CJ,” he told her. “I’m not going to push.”

“Thank you,” she said. He kissed her forehead in exchange. She sighed and said, “I should probably go see the President, so I can head out.”

"Do you want me to come over tonight?" Leo asked softly.

"Only if you want to," she whispered, slipping her feet back into her shoes and sighing. "My god, when did the world go to hell?"

He rubbed her back and kissed the back of her neck.

“It will get better,” he assured her when she straightened, looking into her sad eyes. She nodded and brushed his cheek with her not-so-steady hand. He closed the gap between them and kissed her. “It will, CJ. I promise.”

“Okay,” she sighed. “Call me later, if you want to come over, okay?”

He nodded. “You’ll hear from me either way. I want to make sure you’ll be alright.”

"I will," she whispered. "I have you to help me pick up the pieces." She patted his cheek and stood up.

~*~

She finished her disastrous grilling from the President and went home, tumbling into her bed and going straight to sleep. She didn't think about anything until she woke up and went to the kitchen, seeing that her answering machine was flashing 38 new messages.

While fumbling around for something to eat, she pushed the machine’s button, and waited for the sounds of her messages to fill the room.

The first ten were from Josh, Toby and Will, wanting to know if she'd dropped off the face of the planet.

The next three were from her brother, wondering if she was going to take Hogan out for dinner.

And the rest were from John. Except for the last one, which was from Leo.

She slid into a chair, and took a few deep breaths, before reaching out for the phone. She didn’t know if she was doing what was best, but it felt like the right thing to do, given the circumstances. She took a deep breath, and dialed a familiar number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me," she whispered. "You left so many messages --"

"Leo told me you'd gone home," John said, his tone harried. "I'm packing for Texas. I'll be out of the District in a couple of days."

"Yeah," she said quietly.

His tone warmed and quieted down. “I’m going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you, too.”

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry," he said gently.

"For what?"

"For not locking the door this morning."

She blinked, and a smile quirked at her lips. "Probably good you didn't -- I might've passed out again."

He chuckled. “Wouldn’t want that.”

“No,” she allowed herself to giggle with him, but as the laughter escaped her she felt pangs of guilt, as she thought about how wrong it was to laugh during such a moment, and she quickly quieted.

"What's wrong?" John asked, sensing a change in the tone of their conversation.

"Nothing's wrong. I just feel like I caused your career to go down the toilet with a giant flush, and now I'm..." She sighed. "I'm sorry."

He sighed. “Claudia Jean... what am I going to do with you? Don’t be sorry. This is as much my fault as it is yours, if not more. I was the one with the wife, who said sacred vows, and proceeded to flush them and my career.”

“I won’t stop feeling bad, John.”

“I know,” he responded. “I just wish you would stop.”

"Well, that's not going to happen any time soon," CJ said, wondering why she was arguing with him about it. She stopped suddenly and said, "I'm in love with Leo, John."

He winced. She could hear the sound, and felt even worse immediately. After a few quiet seconds, he commented, “I should have seen that coming, I guess.”

“I still feel so much for you... and you’ll always be able to turn me on,” she admitted after a shaky sigh. “But, I’m in love with him.”

“I hope he makes you happy, CJ,” he spoke softly. “You deserve to be happy.”

"I feel like an ungrateful bitch, throwing this at you now," CJ said softly. "But if you expect me to run after you, it won't happen."

He seemed understanding. “I didn’t expect you to run after me, anyway,” he paused and reflected. “I had hoped I could convince you to visit once and a while, but, I wouldn’t have pushed if it wasn’t going to work out.” He paused again. “I really do want you to be happy.”

“Thank you,” she was fighting more tears, and the desire to run to him to hold him one last time. “I want you to be happy, too. Really.”

“I know. I appreciate it.”

"Do you want to come over? For something to eat, I mean?" She asked softly. "I have to call Leo, but I'd love to see you... one last time."

"It doesn't have to be the last," John whispered.

“Well, I can’t exactly see him letting me run away and--”

John interrupted her with a gentle voice. “I just meant to say, if you need to get away, alone or with Leo, you’re always more than welcome to stay here.”

“Oh.”

“And, if you want to, we can meet for coffee or something at the airport... you don’t have to come here.”

"Okay," CJ said softly.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss passing out," she said with a giggle.

"Remind me to call Leo and tell him what to do to make you do that," John commented.

She kept giggling, the image of John giving Leo step by step instructions on how to please her until she blacked out too funny to ignore. When she stopped, she asked: “Where do you want to meet up?”

"Your place," he said softly. "I know no one will be looking for me there."

"Okay," CJ said softly. "Let me call Leo -- we'll have some dinner."

“Sounds good. I can come in half an hour, if that’s okay?”

She smiled. “Perfect. I hope you like take out.”

After they said their good-byes, she quickly dialed Leo’s number. “Hey, you,” she smiled after he picked up the phone. “Whatcha up to?”

“Worrying about you.”

“I just woke up.”

“Have you talked to John yet?”

She replied. “We just finished talking. I invited him over for supper, and I wanted to know if you wanted to join us.”

"I'd better," Leo said with a chuckle. "Who knows what trouble you two could get into without a chaperone."

"Very funny," CJ chuckled.

He spoke next. “If you want me there, I’ll come.”

“I think he needs his friends around,” she replied. “And, I think I need you there,” she added sincerely.

"What, you think you're going to jump him?" Leo asked offhandedly.

She held her breath for a moment, then said, "Maybe."

Leo was quiet; CJ thought that she screwed up, and her mind started racing, trying to find things to say to fill the silence. Before she could say anything, he spoke. “Well, maybe I should stay where I am.”

“But...”

"I don't want to get mixed up in it again," Leo said softly.

"Neither do I," she whispered. "That's why I want you here."

He suggested, “Maybe you’ll get him out of your system this way.”

Her eyebrows furrowed and she bit her lip in thought. “Leo.”

“CJ.”

She sighed.

"Yes?" He prompted.

"It's just dinner," she said softly to herself. "And nothing more."

“Are you trying to convince me of that fact,” he countered. “Or yourself?”

She stopped thinking for just a moment and said, "I want you here so when I finish dinner with John, I can jump your bones."

He chuckled. “Well, I can always come by after.”

“That wastes time.”

"Ah, and time is not something you want to waste, as opposed to --"

"Ask me to marry you."

"WHAT?"

"Ask me to marry you, Leo."

He was flustered. “CJ, we’ve only just fallen in love... and, with work, and don’t you want to take it slowly? I mean, what about work, and--”

“You love me, right?”

“Yes.”

“And I love you. Very much. I want commitment, with you.”

He didn’t explain why he thought he understood, but, he confirmed that he did grasp where she was coming from. “Alright.”

“Alright?”

Leo chuckled, and then sobered quickly. His voice was sweet and soft. “I’d rather do this in person, with a ring, but, Claudia Jean Cregg, would you marry me?”

"Yes," she said firmly. "Yes, I will marry you."

"I'll get a ring, then," he said with a quirky grin.

"I have no doubt that you will," she said with a slow and easy smile. "And Leo?"

"Hmm?"

"We don't have to tell John tonight."

He accepted that. “That's fine.” Then, he asked: “So, you still want me to come?”

She nodded. “Only if you want to.”

"I think I can handle leaving you to your own devices," Leo said with a smirk. "Unless you really want me to."

"I still want to jump you."

He chuckled. “You can jump me later. Call me when you’re alone, okay?”

“’kay,” she smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

~*~

John looked around the apartment, sighing. CJ had disappeared into the kitchen to get the take-out ready, which left him with time to burn by seeing just how different things were suddenly.

When he came in, she avoided his lips, opting to kiss him on the cheek, instead. She did hug him, but even in his arms, she felt different; she felt like CJ, but she felt different.

She came back into the living room, holding a tray of food and drinks. “And dinner is served,” she said with a grin.

"Good," John said with a sad smile. "So, how're things going with you and Leo, then?"

"Okay," she acknowledged. "So, what's on tap for you now, John?"

As they settled down and started eating, he shrugged. “The divorce... Helen’s going to come home with me, for a while. I don’t know what she’s planning on doing.” He took another bite and washed it down with water. “I’ll play cowboy for a while, maybe.”

“Play cowboy?” She grinned.

"Yeah, rustle up some cows, that kind of thing."

"Well, if you get some fresh meat, send it my way," CJ said with a playful smile and wink.

He chuckled. “No problem. However, that implies that you’re going to cook it.”

“You can’t send it already-grilled?”

“No, way, josé,” he replied, a little bit of his accent seeping in, making her laugh more. He laughed, and then explained: “Not only would it be tougher than an old leather coat, but it would lose all of its flavour.” He shrugged. “It would be gross.”

“Oh.”

He smiled. “But, you guys can always come down and I’ll cook them the way they’re supposed to be done.”

"We'll have to take you up on that," CJ said with a smile. "After the tyrant gets out of office, that is..."

"What, he wouldn't want you speaking to me?" John teased.

"He asked me not to see you again," CJ admitted.

John’s face fell. “Really?” She nodded mutely. He brushed her arm with a gentle hand. “I’m so sorry.”

“Hey,” she said, pasting a smile on her face. “No more of this pity party. This is a time for us to reflect on the good times, buster.”

“No raining on the parade, huh?”

She nodded. “Exactly.”

“Well, he is an asshole,” John mused, turning back to his food. “He should know better than telling you what to do.”

She shrugged. “Meh. He’ll be done soon, and then we can have cow,” she grinned at him.

"Steak, woman -- cow is for losers," John replied with a grin. He finished his dinner and said, "Well... I'd better get going."

"John?" She said as he got up.

"Hmm?"

She moved into his arms for a quick hug. "You're a good guy -- I'll miss you," she said softly.

He squeezed her close, and released her. “And you’re the best. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.” When her eyes welled up with tears, he brushed them away. “Hey, hey, don’t cry.”

“I’m trying really hard not to,” she muttered, slipping out of his touch.

“You’re doing so well,” he commented dryly.

She swatted at him. “Oh, shut up.”

He reached for her hand and brought its palm to his lips. After a quick peck, he returned it to her side. “Good-bye, CJ.”

She returned the gesture, trying to burn the moment into her mind forever, in case she never saw him again. “It’s not good-bye, John” she told him while trying to keep her lip from trembling. “It’s ‘see you later.’”

He smiled a little and nodded. "Yeah -- call me sometime," he said, getting his jacket and leaving without another word.

CJ sat down at the table and put her head in her hands. When she was secure enough that she wasn't going to start crying, she reached for the phone.

“Hello?”

She smiled at the sound of Leo’s warm voice. “Hey.”

“Hey.”

“Whatcha doin’?”

He answered. “Pretending to read a book.”

She chuckled. “Wanna put it down and come over?”

“Sounds great,” he replied. “You okay?”

She nodded. “I think so.”

"Okay," Leo said softly. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she murmured. "Come on over, honey."

“Be there as soon as I can.”

~*~

When Leo walked into her home, she launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around him, and showering his face with light kisses.

“Hello to you, too.”

She smiled, and then planted a kiss on his lips. “So, when are you gonna move in here for good?”

"When you're damn good and ready for me to," Leo said with a grin. "Right about the time you get sick of me and throw my ring back into my face."

"What ring?" She challenged with a raised eyebrow.

Leo smirked at her and fished in his pocket. "This was my mom's -- it's nothing special, but..."

CJ’s eyes sparkled as she met his, after staring down at the tiny object. “Oh, wow.”

“You don’t have to say that if you don’t like it.”

“But,” she continued to gush. “It’s just... perfect. And, with history. That makes it even better.” She then asked: “Are you... can I... are you going to put it on my finger?”

He grinned. “I’m going to do better than that.” He bent down and reached for her hand. “I’m going to do this right.”

Even though they had down this earlier, her eyes still misted over.

“CJ, will you marry me?”

She nodded. “You already know my answer.” When he glared at her with a raised eyebrow, she grinned and gave in to play her part. “Yes, I’d be honoured.”

He slipped the ring onto her finger, and kissed the back of her hand, making her tremble a little. She pushed her thoughts away, and pulled him up for a proper, toe-curling kiss.

"Bedroom," they both agreed when they came up for air.

"You aren't staying in the hotel again," CJ declared firmly as she pulled him to her bedroom, giggling the whole way. "And we'll have to go buy a comforter set that just for us."

He asked, “Didn’t you just buy this one?”

“Well, yeah,” she replied, “But, then we can use this as backup.”

“You make no sense sometimes.”

As she worked on his shirt, she explained: “Well, we’ve had new bedding for every stage in this relationship. First set for the three of us, the second set when we were getting closer, and now, we’re engaged, so it seems fitting.”

“When we get married?”

She grinned. “Sure, why not?”

He laughed and leaned up to kiss her. “You’re crazy.”

“But, you love me anyway,” she spoke softly while nibbling on his lower lip.

"Oh yeah," he moaned, fumbling with the buttons on her shirt.

"Hey, relax a little," she murmured with a smirk. "It's not a race to see who comes first."

"I know," Leo said with a grin. "Cause you're in the hot seat."

~*~

Six years later

"You sure this is a good idea?" Leo asked as they got off the plane.

"We've been promised steak," CJ replied, juggling her bag and the sleeping little girl on her hip.

Leo looked at her and reached for her bag. “Here. Lemme take that.”

“Thanks,” she flashed him a grateful smile. “Look, he knows we’re married, he knows about Carrie, and he said he was fine with it. He invited us down, and it’s about time, after our Christmas card relationship.”

“Yeah, I know...” he responded. “I’m just worried.”

“Yeah, I know,” she teased. “You’ve always been a bit of a worrywart.”

He checked his watch and looked around the arrivals area. “What time did he say he was going to be here?”

"We're early," CJ said, laughing. "For once." Carrie whimpered in her sleep and cuddled up to her mother some more. "Poor baby," CJ murmured, stroking her back and smiling at Leo.

"She's so big," he said, shaking his head.

CJ grinned. “I’m her mother, what did you expect?”

Leo laughed softly, and neared his daughter so he could brush her soft blonde hair with his fingers. “She’s so beautiful.”

“You say that every single day,” she commented, amused with his parenting antics. “Sometimes numerous times.”

He looked up at her, his cheeks a little pink. “Just like her mother.”

She rolled her eyes. “Flattery, again?”

"You're my wife -- I'm supposed to flatter you," he reminded her with a smirk.

"Let's go sit down," CJ suggested. "She's getting really heavy." She paused for a second and then said, "And she's drooling. Leo, why did you have to pass that gene on?"

He glanced over at her sideways, as they settled themselves down so CJ’s arms could have a little reprieve. “She could’ve gotten that one from you, too, you know.”

"Oh!" She exclaimed in mock disgust, laughing as she laid her head on Leo's shoulder. "You're mean today."

"So are you," Leo said.

They stayed like that for about ten minutes before a voice said, "I'd know that towhead anywhere!"

Leo whirled around to see John Hoynes. "Very funny," he retorted.

Without words, Leo reached for Carrie, so CJ could get up. She approached him with a huge grin on her face. “So, cowboying agrees with you afterall,” she mused, as he pulled her in for a friendly, crushing hug. “How have you been?”

“Good,” he grinned back at her. “You’ve never looked better.”

“Liar,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“Motherhood agrees with you,” he looked over her to see Leo, standing up with Carrie in his arms, still sleeping. “And, you just look plain ol’ tired, Pops.”

Leo saw John’s eyes, dancing and laughing, and the playful smirk on his lips. “Good to see you, John,” he extended a hand for shaking when he was close enough.

“Good to see you, too.”

Carrie moaned at being jostled around and opened an eye. "Daddy, we there yet?" She whispered.

"We're here," Leo replied softly, kissing her cheek. "You need to go potty?"

"Uh-huh," Carrie mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Mommy, needa go potty..."

CJ smiled and reached for her. “Here, I’ll take her. Why doesn’t the cowboy go rustle up our bags?”

John laughed. “Sure thing.”

Leo smiled. “I’ll come with you.” Then, he kissed his wife on the cheek and followed John as he walked away.

"You've got a fine daughter," John commented. "Big -- but that's CJ's factor, isn't it?" He said, smirking at Leo.

"I'm big in other ways than height," Leo reminded him glibly.

John groaned.

To break the silence that had fallen on them, after their brief but potent trip down memory lane, Leo started asking questions about John’s personal life. “How’s the ranch doing?”

“It’s great,” John replied. “The stock’s really good this year.”

“Good, glad to hear it.”

After they headed towards the proper carousel, John offered: “I’ll have to take you riding sometime. You can help me bring one of the herds in.”

"I'll have to take you up on that," Leo said with a grin. "Carrie's never been on a horse -- we'll have to teach her to ride."

"Of course," John said with a smile. "How are CJ's riding skills?" He said this with a wink and a smirk.

"Better every time," Leo replied with a wry smile.

They headed over to wait for CJ and Carrie. The little blonde pixie bounded out of the bathroom with CJ fast on her heels. "Ah, no you don't!" CJ cried, grabbing Carrie's wet hand. "Stay with me or Daddy," she scolded.

Carrie broke free when she saw her father, and picked up speed. She hit Leo’s legs with a thud, wrapped her arms around him. “Hi, Daddy.”

“Carrie!” CJ finally caught up, out of breath.

“But, I saw him! It was okay,” she looked up, and gave Leo her best puppy-dog eyes. “It was okay, right, Daddy?”

“Of course,” Leo smiled down at her, ignoring CJ’s frustrated glare.

John muttered softly. “Ohh, Leo, you just wait until she can do that with teenaged boys.”

“Never gonna happen,” Leo muttered back. John chuckled, while Leo bent down and picked his pride and joy up. “Carrie, I want you to meet a good friend of ours. This is Mr. Hoynes.”

She looked up at him, eyebrows knit together in thought as a small scowl formed on her lips. John smiled easily. “Call me John, it’s easier.”

“Hi, John,” she smiled.

“Hi, Carrie,” he responded warmly.

"I losted a tooth last week," Carrie said, opening her mouth and showing him. "The Toof Fairy gave me a dollar, didn't she, Mommy?"

"Yes, she did," CJ agreed, grabbing the bags Leo had set aside. "Now let's blow this joint and go eat some real food and get some real sleep!"

John nodded and smiled, as they made a move for the exit doors. He wasn’t sure what to expect from their visit, but it felt right to be in their company again.

~*~

“Oh, wow!” Carrie grinned, bouncing in her mother’s arms after they got out of John’s truck. “This place is so huuuuge!”

CJ squinted at the sun and looked around. She turned to John, and nodded. “She’s right. It’s amazing. I had no idea.”

Leo’s jaw was still dragging on the ground. “You own all of this?”

"Every last acre," John said with a grin. "My dad's legacy."

"Can I ride a horsey, Mommy?" Carrie asked, bouncing up and down. "Please, please, please?"

"Maybe tomorrow," CJ said mildly. "Let's get you inside and changed out of that jumper, babe -- overalls will be better for you to play in."

"Cool!" Carrie shrieked, grabbing John's hand. "I'm the guest, so I can't go in till you do," she said earnestly. "And I'm firsty."

John looked over the little girl at CJ, who smiled and shrugged. He shook his head, and looked down at their daughter. “Well, let’s go see what’s in the kitchen, then, alright?”

Carrie nodded, and dragged him up to the door. At the door, though, she waited somewhat impatiently for him to open it and walk in first. CJ laughed at her daughter’s antics, and then she stepped into the house and stopped, mouth agape again.

“Wow,” she exclaimed. “You have a beautiful home, John.”

“Thank you,” John replied over his shoulder. “Follow me, and we’ll go into the kitchen to get this munchkin her drink.”

"Do you have apple juice, Mr. John?" Carrie asked, following him like a puppy, her big eyes turned up adoringly at him.

"I don't, but I have orange juice," John replied.

"Orange juice is icky," Carrie said with a pout.

"Then, it looks like I'll have to run to the store and get you some apple juice later," he said, patting her hand. "How about some Sprite?"

"Mommy doesn't like me drinking soda," Carrie replied, looking over her shoulder at CJ.

"I think once is okay," CJ said.

Carrie’s face lit up. “Really? Daddy?”

Leo nodded. “Just this once.”

“Leo, CJ?” John asked. “Would either of you like something?”

CJ smiled. “I’ll have some of that Sprite.”

Leo shrugged. “Water’s fine.”

"How come mommy gets to drink soda and I don't?" Carrie asked Leo, dropping John's hand to hurry over to her father to be picked up for a hug.

"Because your mommy is big enough to know that it's not good for her," Leo said firmly. "You aren't."

Carrie pouted for a moment, then nodded. "You're right, daddy -- you're so smart!" She exclaimed, hugging him tighter.

CJ chuckled as John handed her a glass glass of sprite and ice, and then made a little plastic cupful for Carrie.

“Here you go,” John smiled, handing the girl her small drink.

“Thanks, Mr. John.”

John returned with two glasses of water and ice for himself and Leo, and the three adults sipped their drinks in a more comfortable silence.

"Mr. John?" Carrie piped up when she was finished.

"Yeah?" John said, glancing down at her.

"How do you know mommy and daddy?"

John smiled. “We used to work together.”

“In the White House?”

He nodded. “Exactly.”

“What did you do?”

CJ glanced over at him, wondering if her daughter’s questions were bothering him. But, he smiled, and answered her question. “Well, I was the Vice President.”

"Cool!" Carrie shrieked. "Did you like Uncle Jed?"

"Not really, no."

Her face fell. "But he's cool, Mr. John..."

"Honey, not everybody likes the same people," CJ interjected softly. "Uncle Jed wasn't very nice to John."

Carrie blinked. "Why not? Mr. John is nice!"

"Very nice," Leo agreed.

CJ stood up straight and stared at her husband, catching something in his tone that only she could hear.

“Well,” John said after clearing his throat. “I’m flattered you two think I’m nice.” He glanced at CJ, who was looking a little flushed. “And, what? You think I’m a mean ogre?”

“Mommy! You don’t, do you?”

CJ looked at her daughter, who was wearing a somewhat horrified face. “No, of course not. John is a very nice man.”

"But you took so long to say so --" Carrie said, her eyes wide.

"Because I was remembering something, sweetheart," CJ said, putting her arms around her daughter for a quick hug. "I was remembering how very, very nice he is."

John joked. “Took you long enough.”

CJ laughed and sent a sharp look his way. Then, she sighed and looked down at her daughter. “Even though he tried to be a Mr. Smartypants sometimes.”

Leo laughed after draining his glass.

"He tried to be a Mr. Smartypants all the time," Leo commented dryly. "But your mom and I, see, we got in there and we made him see that being smart wasn't the way to go."

CJ choked on her sip of Sprite.

John looked over at her and smirked. Carrie looked up at her father and asked: “And then what?”

"And then we had a little fun, but other people thought it was bad, so we had to stop," Leo said quietly. "And John left the White House because other people said it was bad, what we did."

"Was it naughty, daddy?" Carrie asked anxiously.

CJ, who didn’t want her daughter hearing any more tales about their love affair, was starting to open her mouth to stop Leo from indulging Carrie, but Leo was quicker. “No, it was just unconventional.”

“Huh?”

“Different, sweetie,” CJ offered to simplify it.

Carrie looked frustrated. "But was it bad, daddy?"

"No," CJ interjected, glaring at Leo. "And that's about enough of this right now."

"Mr. John, do you have a TV?" Carrie asked. "'Cause I wanna watch Sesame Street."

John smiled awkwardly, looking to get out of the room for a bit himself. He had seen the look on CJ’s face, and knew that Leo had overstepped in his daughter’s quest for the truth.

“Of course,” he nodded. “And I have really big cushions to curl up on.”

“Oh, goody!”

Once they were gone, CJ looked at Leo. “What was that about?”

"I was telling her the truth," Leo said defensively.

"No -- you were telling her the truth, but you were trying to make a point to me, weren't you?" She asked sharply.

"You love me and I love you," Leo said softly. "But did you ever think we made a mistake by shutting John out of that?"

She shrugged and avoided his eyes. “I... I haven’t thought about it.” When he snorted, she lifted her eyes to his. “Oh, all right. Yes, I have.” She sighed. “It’s not so simple anymore, Leo.”

“It’s not as complicated as you’re making it out to be, right.”

"We have a marriage and a child and--"

"And we have so much love," Leo whispered, reaching up to stroke her cheek. "We have so much love to give."

She bit her lip. “I...” When he brought his thumb to her lip to free it from its torture, she looked down at him. “I know. I just don’t want to jinx anything.” As an afterthought, she added: “Besides, he could be married or something, for all we know.”

“You think he would’ve told us...” Leo countered.

“Well, it’s not unlikely. He doesn’t have to be married... what if he’s seeing someone? Or, if he’s sworn off sex? Or something.”

"There's only one way to find out," Leo said softly, tangling his fingers with hers and smiling.

"Be reasonable," she said, rolling her eyes. "That's what you always tell me!"

He kissed her. “Reasonable? We’re on vacation,” he reminded her when he pulled back. “So, let’s just relax.”

“Okay,” she nodded. “We’ll just see how things go.”

"It's kind of an ironic twist of fate that we're switched roles as the convincer and the convincee," Leo said with a grin, gesturing between them. "Like you're all content with the status quo, now -- no bucking the system."

"Damn straight," CJ retorted.

John’s voice from the doorway startled them. “I thought you were all about bucking the system...” His voice was a low purr. “...and fucking the system.”

CJ couldn’t ignore the tightening in her stomach as she looked at him, but she didn’t want them to notice, so she shook her head to try to shake the feeling from her system. “Carrie’s watching TV?”

He nodded. “She likes the den. Big fan of the large pillows.”

"Like mother, like daughter," Leo said with a smirk, earning a slap from CJ. "Hey, just because --"

"Shut up about the pillows," CJ snapped. "It's bad enough I'm thinking about fucking things, then you bring up the pillows!"

John raised an eyebrow. “Things? We’re only things?”

Leo nodded. “’fraid so. She only thinks of me as her sex toy.”

“Well, that must have its perks.”

CJ raised her hands in frustration. “Guys!”

“What’s this about pillows?” John asked, unfazed.

"We've got these two giant pillows in the bedroom," Leo said, grinning at John. "She's all about being fucked on the pillows."

"Oh my god," CJ said, her eyes widening. "You two have had this planned from the start -- don't tell me you didn't!"

"What?" Leo said innocently.

She pounced, sliding in close, running her hands over his chest. Leo gulped; he knew how she liked to extract information from him, and it usually meant excruciating torture. “Leo, darling...”

“Ah, yes, CJ?”

She brought her hand up and scratched lightly with one finger underneath his chin, while leaning in to nip at the skin along his jaw. He groaned, knowing he was in trouble.

“Did you two plan this?”

"A little of it," Leo admitted. "We planned the part with us coming..."

"But not that way," CJ interjected, running her fingers over his stomach.

"Well, okay, kind of," Leo admitted.

She pushed him away. "You are entirely too easy," she muttered.

John started to laugh, but Leo’s irritated look sent his way silenced him. “You should know better, Leo.”

“Right,” Leo rolled his eyes. “Like I have any control when she does that.”

John snorted, but when he saw CJ near him, that same predatory gaze in her eyes, his laughter died away. “CJ,” he murmured. “I don’t need a demonstration.”

“Shh,” she scolded.

“Okay,” he responded softly, earning a snort from Leo.

She came closer and studied him for a long moment before saying, "I seriously wonder about you two." With that, she turned to leave the room.

"Hey, what --" Leo began.

"I'm going to go watch Sesame Street. Feel free to go fuck each other," CJ said dismissively.

John looked at Leo and raised an eyebrow. “Is she for real?”

Leo shrugged. “I have no idea. I wonder about her, sometimes, too,” he said, moving closer to John. “How have you been?”

He nodded. “Alright. Can’t complain.”

“That’s good,” Leo shrugged, unsure although he wouldn’t admit it.

He sighed and put a hand on Leo’s shoulder. “Is there a reason for the extra small talk?”

Leo blushed a little, and then, decided to ask: “Are we... are you seeing someone?”

"I was," John said with a shrug. "She decided that my ranch-hand was a better fuck, though, so..." He grinned at Leo. "Only one better in the sack, my friend, is your wife."

Leo nodded. “She’s the best.” He sighed, and chuckled. “Still haven’t figured how to make her pass out, though.”

John laughed. “I’ll just have to tell you.”

“Or show me,” Leo suggested softly.

“Or,” John smirked. “I could demonstrate on you.”

"I'm not exactly the same," Leo said with a chuckle.

"Well, no, but I'm sure I could find a trick to make you lose your grip on reality," John said with a taunting smirk.

His cheeks flushed. “I’m sure you could.”

John’s laugh was low and the vibrating sound made Leo tighten. “Oh, I definitely could. Just give me long enough.”

“Well, while they’re--”

He interrupted in a deep, lusty voice. “Not long enough.”

"And they're using the pillows," Leo added.

"Do you really think CJ's reluctant to pick up where we left off?" John asked, the knotted coil of desire within him tightening in his stomach as he watched the emotions that played in Leo's eyes.

"Yeah," Leo said with a sigh. "We'll have to convince her to drop the respectable act."

John frowned, deep in thought. CJ had changed. He was a little surprised; he knew that people changed over time, but she had always been so open and accepting and sexual. While she still was, for the most part, she was more restrained.

“How do you propose we do that?”

Leo shrugged. “A plan.”

“A good plan,” John agreed. Quickly, he added: “Will she hate us afterwards?”

"Probably," Leo said with a smirk. "We'll just have to seduce her to the dark side. You can make her pass out and I'll make her cry."

"That doesn't sound like a good thing -- the crying, I mean," John said, looking concerned.

"Oh, it is -- if you can get her to cry when she comes, she's really giving it her all," Leo said with a grin.

John’s frown turned into a smile. “And how do you do that?”

“Ahhh,” he smirked. “I never reveal my secrets.”

John chuckled. "How often do you two..."

"Not as much as I'd like," Leo said, cutting him off. "She has these headaches that come with the hormones she has to take, y'know -- once or twice a week."

“Bad headaches?”

Leo shrugged. “Yah, they wipe her out. She’s not much fun to be around.”

John chuckled. “I can imagine.”

"Exactly," Leo said with a chuckle. "I keep telling her to get her doctor to give her something for them, but she's too stubborn."

"Hey, Leo," John said.

When Leo turned to face him, he was rewarded with a deep, passionate kiss.

Leo’s hands landed on John’s waist, pulling him closer; he sighed, and granted John access to everything he was pushing for, which in turn made John moan, and grip Leo to him even more.

He ended the kiss by placing a few light kisses on Leo’s swollen lips, and caressing his cheek and neck.

They didn't notice the little pixie face in the doorway. "MAMAMAMAMAMAMA!" Carrie screamed.

"Oh jeez," Leo groaned, pulling out of John's arms. "Baby, it's okay," he said, reaching for Carrie, but she pulled back, crying.

CJ rushed in and scooped her up. "Oh, sweetie," she murmured. "What's wrong?"

"Dey all kissy!" Carrie whimpered.

CJ glared at both of them over her daughter’s shaking form. Leo and John both felt awful; Leo looked up at his wife with a face washed in anguish.

“Yeah,” CJ said after kissing her daughter’s forehead. “They do that sometimes.”

“Why!?” She inquired, still visibly upset. “Dey all kissy like you ‘nd Daddy!”

"Remember how I told you that you should only kiss someone like that if you really really love them?" CJ asked softly. Carrie nodded. "They love each other a lot."

"But dey boys," Carrie said, her brow scrunching.

CJ nodded, but said: “There’s nothing wrong with that, baby. Some people think that a man can only love a woman, but there’s really nothing wrong with it.” She quickly thought of something and added it in, “Some women love other women, too. You know how that boy... Billy, has two moms?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, it’s like that.”

“But, Mr. John’s not my daddy.”

"No, he's not," CJ said softly. "But he's our friend."

"Will you kissy Daddy like that?" Carrie asked.

"If it'll make you feel better," CJ said with a sigh.

Leo watched as CJ neared, still balancing Carrie on her hip. He smiled at his daughter, cheeks still pink with embarrassment, and leaned towards CJ, brushing her face with a gentle touch, before kissing her.

CJ moaned into the kiss, irresistibly drawn to the taste she knew was Leo, and taunted by the taste that was John. She had forgotten how delicious he was...

When they pulled back, CJ kissed Leo’s forehead, and whispered. “Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

"I go watch Angelina Ballerina," Carrie said, scrambling out of her mother's arms and running back out of the room.

"Nice save," Leo whispered, putting his hands on CJ's hips and drawing her in for another hungry kiss.

She yielded, savouring the taste of the two men again through her husband’s insistent lips. When the kiss ended, she muttered: “I didn’t mean for you two to get it on in the kitchen.”

“It wasn’t planned,” John offered lamely. “I’m sorry.”

Leo released CJ, and she went over to John, putting her hands on her hips and shaking her head. "What am I going to do with you two?" She asked in exasperation.

"I have a couple of ideas," John said with a smirk.

"Oh, I bet you do," she said with a sigh, shaking her head and turning to walk away. John grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him, mesmerized.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten," he whispered, stroking her cheek and leaning forward to kiss her ever so gently.

CJ’s eyes glazed over. “Forgot? ... oh...” She could barely breathe as John’s lips hovered dangerously above hers. “John...”

“Yes?”

"Please don't," she whispered, pulling back and breaking the spell. She pulled her hand from his and stared at him. "I have a child to think about now. And a husband."

"Your husband wants this again as much as I do -- as much as you do, if you'd just relax and let it happen," John said softly.

She shook her head. “It can’t... even if I did want it,” she told him, trying so hard to be strong. “It’s not appropriate.”

"You used to be so free," John whispered, reaching for her.

She ducked away and stared at him.

“Yeah, well,” she tried to explain. “I got old, and not so sexy, and I realized that I can’t have everything I’ve wanted. I have a daughter that I worry about, and...” She trailed off and crossed her arms. “I just can’t be that woman anymore.”

"You aren't old," John said, "And you're so damn sexy that I swear to god, when I see you walking, I get hard in a second -- jesus, CJ, you're going to give me blue balls!"

She blinked and whispered, "I'm not that sexy."

“Yes,” he confirmed. “You most certainly are.”

Leo cocked his head, and neared them. “CJ... I tell you every chance I get how sexy you are.” He reached for her, and extracted her hand from the crook of her elbow. “What’s going on?”

Her chest heaved wildly as she tried to breathe and keep breathing. "Damn it," she cursed, leaning onto Leo.

"Oh, baby..." He whispered, stroking her arm with his free hand.

"I had to get a whole new wardrobe after Carrie was born," she whispered hollowly. "I didn't lose the baby pounds -- my hips and my breasts are fucking huge, Leo..."

"That just makes you sexier," he murmured.

She looked at both men. “Neither of you even understand.”

“CJ,” John tried to convince her. “I saw you in the airport, and you took my breath away. Nothing’s changed, after all of this time. And, while I love your body,” he added in a soft, low voice. “It’s your mind that turned me on the most.”

"My mind's rusty with Angelina and Sesame Street reruns," CJ whispered.

"Bet you can talk like Elmo," John teased.

"Actually, she can," Leo interjected.

CJ rolled her eyes. “Oh, and that’s sexy.”

Leo smirked. “We played Tickle My Elmo once,” he told John, whose eyes darkened. “It was hot.”

John looked puzzled. “Isn’t it Tickle *Me* Elmo?”

“Yes, but she was my Elmo,” Leo explained.

“Ahh,” he nodded. “Makes sense.”

CJ flushed bright red. "You know what -- I just ought to show you two how unsexy I am," she spluttered.

"Oh, and how are you going to do that?" Leo asked with an amused smile.

"Walk around naked would be ideal," CJ said, "but you both just... you're all -- oh man, I can't believe you two!"

John reached for her other hand, since her arm had been wrapped around her midsection; he didn’t want her to feel like she should be hiding. “Well, we can’t believe you.”

She shook her head. “Oh, knock it off, would ya?”

"We'll get you eventually," Leo said with a smirk. "John, let her go."

CJ backed away and said, "I'd like to go take my daughter horseback riding. Please be done with your... whatever... when we get back."

“I’ll call down so someone can tack up two horses for you, give you a little lesson,” he suggested. “Unless you’d like me to come down and do it.”

She shrugged. “No, I’d rather you two sow your wild oats.” She paused, and then she asked: “That someone will pick good horses, right?”

John nodded to reassure her. “I already have two in mind. I worked them yesterday, they should be fine.” She sighed and smiled. “You two go get changed. If you change your mind and would rather watch Carrie, there’s a lounge with refreshments next to the arena.”

“What should we wear?”

“Jeans,” he replied. “If you have ankle boots with a small heel, that would work well, but if not, sneakers’ll be okay.”

CJ nodded. "Okay -- you two go have your fun and leave me out of it, please."

~*~

"That was fun!" Carrie cried as they ran back to the house.

"Whoa, sweetheart -- slow down just a little, baby," CJ called.

"Mommy, you getting old?"

"Very," CJ moaned.

Carrie jumped onto the step, but she stopped and waited for her mother before putting her hand on the door. CJ smiled, and picked the dirty girl up. “How about we see if Daddy and Mr. John have started cooking supper?”

“Yum!”

With that, CJ put her hand on the doorknob, and prayed that the men were done horsing around. She pushed the door open, and listened. Laughter could be heard from the direction of the kitchen.

“We’re back,” she called out as they neared the kitchen.

“We’re out by the pool,” Leo called back. “C’mon out!”

Go on, beautiful," CJ encouraged, patting her daughter on the head as she ran by. "I'll be out in a minute -- I'm thirsty," she yelled.

When she headed out to the pool, she had a glass of water in her hand. That didn't matter, though, because Leo and John grabbed her, scooped her up, and dumped her into the pool.

She sputtered as she surfaced, looking for the two men. Carrie was laughing by them, jumping and clapping her hands together excitedly.

“I’m going to kill you both!”

She tried to get up but slipped and went under, smacking her head on the side of the pool as she came up. She coughed and choked, then went down again -- she could kill them for throwing her into the seven and a half foot part. She couldn't get her feet back under her and she panicked when she saw red floating around her, and then she was out of the water and John was holding her up.

Leo came into her line of vision, holding their very worried daughter in his arms, and offering John a fluffy white towel.

“I will kill you--” she hissed as John pressed the towel against her head. “--both.”

"It's just a scratch," John assured her.

She leaned against John, her nose still dripping water and her stomach roiling from the water she had swallowed. Her breathing was shallow and panicked as she clung to John for but a moment before pushing him away.

“CJ, don’t move so fast. Just relax for a second,” he spoke softly, gathering her into his arms despite a few quiet protests. “I’m gonna set you down on one of the recliners, okay?”

“Want help, Mr. John?”

John smiled at Carrie, who was looking less worried in Leo’s arms. “You wanna go get your mother a big towel from the pool house so she can dry off?”

“Okay!”

She squirmed out of Leo’s arms, and bounded to the small house. John smiled at CJ, and kissed her forehead. She shivered, and tried to push away again, but he was already preparing to pick her up. “One, two, three!”

She moaned as he set her down on the reclining chair, and then Leo was there, looking her over. "Oh, baby," he whispered.

"I'm okay," she said, coughing a little as the words lodged in her throat.

"Are you sure?"

"Gonna kill people," she mumbled, coughing again.

Leo groaned. “We’re really sorry,” he brushed her wet hair back off her face. “I didn’t think you’d fall and slip.”

She hiccuped. “I’m still gonna kill you.”

"But if you kill me, you can't play with me anymore," Leo murmured.

"Hurt you, maim you," CJ mumbled, pressing her forehead to his and sniffling. "I was so scared just for a moment."

He ran his hands down her arms to her hands. “I’m really sorry.”

“Mommy?” Carrie was standing behind Leo, holding a big pink towel. “I brought you a towel.”

CJ leaned back and pulled one hand out of Leo’s to welcome her daughter. “Thanks, sweetheart.”

Carrie threw herself into CJ's arms and held her tightly. "It was my idea, mommy -- I'm sorry..." She whispered.

"Oh, baby, it's not your fault," CJ murmured, stroking her daughter's blonde hair as she held her tightly. "I love you so much..."

“I love you, too, Mommy, and,” Carrie responded. “You’re getting me all wet.”

CJ laughed softly and set her down. “Well, why don’t you go put your swimsuit on, and go for a swim. Daddy and I will watch you.”

"What about Mr. John?"

"Mr. John will be cooking us dinner," CJ said firmly. "Won't he?"

"He will," John replied. "How about that steak?"

"Well done," CJ added.

“Medium rare,” Leo put his two cents in.

John smirked. “And how does Miss Carrie like her steak?”

“Like Mommy,” Carrie replied. “Where are my bags?”

John answered. “I had them put into a bedroom. Want me to show you?”

She beamed and extended her hand to be taken. “Yes, please!”

"We're off to get your swimsuit!" John said in a singsong voice as they headed inside.

"I worry about our daughter," CJ said, stretching out on her back to get the sun to dry her clothes as it set.

"Why?"

"She's entirely too trusting," CJ mumbled.

Leo chuckled, and nodded in agreement. “But, at least we surround her with people she can trust.” When CJ didn’t respond, he asked, “You trust John, right?”

She didn't respond, yet again, and he said, "CJ!"

"Mmmm?" She mumbled, stirring and opening one eye. "You say something?"

"Nah -- go back to sleep."

She smirked. “Don’t mind if I do. Wake me when the steak’s ready.”

Leo bent down and kissed her on the lips. “I love you so much,” he spoke against her mouth.

“Love you, too,” she replied, eyes still closed. “Now, let me sleep.”

"Yes, ma'am," he whispered.

She awoke groggily to warm hands massaging her. "Mmm... don't stop," she moaned, giggling a little.

"If you insist," John whispered in her ear, making her jump.

"THAT WAS A DIRTY THING TO DO!" She shouted.

John’s eyes widened as CJ woke up completely. “Geez, CJ.”

“God,” she sighed, looking around to see if her daughter was nearby, but she was nowhere in the area. “I’m sorry, John.”

“No, I’m the one who’s sorry,” he said. “Carrie and Leo went inside with the food. Why don’t you go wash up and join us in the dining room?”

He was about to stand up, and she cringed. “John, please, don’t... I just haven’t felt right in a while.” Remorseful, she put a hand on his arm. “I’m really sorry.”

“Next time I decide to touch you, I’ll give you a warning.”

“John...”

He brought a hand up and whispered. “I’m going to touch your cheek now.” She chuckled, and nodded, playing his game. He brushed his fingers over her soft, flushed skin. “God, you’re so sexy.”

She licked her lips unconsciously and closed her eyes, waiting for the next touch. It was so thrilling and so terrifying to be wanted and needed.

"I'm going to touch your lips," John whispered, ducking for a kiss.

CJ jolted and pulled back from him. "I can't -- I promised Leo fidelity, John."

“Is that what this is about?” He asked. “Fidelity?”

“Yes, John,” she made herself say. “That’s what this is about. We exchanged vows.”

“But--”

“No buts.”

"That's all there is to it, then? You just want to be faithful, even though you're encouraging him to break the same vows?" John asked in disbelief.

"Leo's a man -- it's more acceptable for a man to do something like this than for a woman," CJ said softly.

"You're crazy in that complex mind of yours, woman," John moaned.

She defended herself. “I am not crazy.”

“CJ, you stand more for equal opportunity than anyone else I know,” he told her. “So, why would you believe that?”

"I'm looking out for my family the best way I know how," she whispered, her voice wavering as she bit her lip. "I'm not a wonderful mother, or even a great wife -- I have to protect them... sometimes just from me," she whispered. "It's not that I don't want to, or that I don't see the possibilities, but..."

"You're locked in damage control."

“Someone has to be,” she responded.

John sighed, and touched her hand. She flinched. “CJ, you can’t keep doing this to yourself.”

"Doing what to myself, John? I'm happy. I'm content with my life and my lot in life," she said softly.

"Give me three days," he whispered. "Give me three days to change your mind. Give me three days to show you how much you're missing."

CJ looked into his stormy eyes. “I doubt it’ll do any good.”

“Three days, Claudia.”

She sighed. “Fine.”

He stood up and offered her his hand. “C’mon, let’s go eat. The steaks are incredible, if I do say so myself.”

CJ, despite herself, laughed, as she slipped her hand in his hesitantly and allowed him to pull her up.

~*~

The steaks were delicious, CJ had to admit. Carrie dug into hers with gusto and packed the whole thing, and a baked potato and some broccoli away.

"About the sleeping arrangements," CJ began.

"Carrie has her own room," John said.

"There are three bedrooms," Leo added.

"So Carrie's in one, I'm in one, and you two are sharing?" CJ asked innocently.

John chuckled and shook his head. “Mine is at one end of the house. You two can share the one across the hall from Carrie’s.”

"Okay," CJ said, winking at Leo. "At least if we make noise, we won't have him pounding the door down."

Leo smiled. “We might have him pounding on the door anyway.”

John laughed. “I’m not a complete slave to my passions.”

CJ's smile fell a little and she said softly, "I'll be right back -- headache."

Carrie got up and walked with her, holding her hand as they left the room.

John sighed. "She says it's about fidelity, Leo," he grunted.

Leo frowned. “It’s more than that. She was the one reassuring me when we got off the plane.”

"And it's about her taking care of you and Carrie," John said with a sigh. "I don't really understand what she was saying, but she's given me three days to swing her."

“That was fair,” Leo commented.

John shrugged. “I don’t... I don’t want to push her.”

"Yeah," Leo agreed.

When the girls didn't come back for a very long time, they left the table in search of them. They found CJ and Carrie curled up in what was supposed to be Carrie's bed, fast asleep.

"It's a Kodak moment," John said with a smirk.

“Should I leave her?” Leo wondered out loud. “I really don’t want to wake her, or Carrie up.”

“We can carry her,” John teased, “You grab her arms, and I’ll grab her legs.”

Leo smiled. “Ahh, maybe that won’t work.”

“You kiss your daughter goodnight, and I’ll move Sleeping Beauty.”

"Okay," Leo agreed with a grin.

John got CJ into his arms without waking her or her making a fuss, and he carried her across the hall.

"Daddy, I'm sweepy," Carrie mumbled.

"Go to sleep, then, sweetheart," Leo murmured. "It's been a long day."

She nodded. He brushed her hair with his fingers. “Daddy?”

“Yes?”

“Can I go horseback riding again tomorrow?”

He smiled. “You can ask Mr. John tomorrow after breakfast, okay?”

“Okay.”

“I love you, sweetheart.”

“Love you, too, Daddy.”

He kissed her forehead, and then walked out of the room.

He met John coming out of the other bedroom. "So..." John said.

"So..." Leo replied.

"Wanna go watch CNN?" John asked with a shrug.

"Not really," Leo said with a sigh.

"I've got some nice porn..."

"Now that I could deal with," Leo said with a grin.

John laughed quietly, putting his arm around Leo’s shoulders. “And what would CJ say if she woke up and saw us?”

"Probably something like, ‘can't you men do something productive?’" Leo joked.

"Oh God, has she really gotten that domestic?" John groaned.

"Yeah," Leo replied, wrinkling his nose.

~*~

CJ got up to get a glass of water and heard the TV going, so she ducked into the back of the living room for just a peek.

Her jaw dropped when she saw, on the big screen...

Leo and John glanced at her, after looking at each other. “Hi, Honey,” Leo croaked. Both men were sitting on the sofa, feet propped up, pillows on their laps, while the sounds and images of lots of people having lots of sex played around them.

“What are you two doing?”

“Watching porn,” John replied plainly.

CJ threw her hands up. “Can’t you men do something more productive?”

"It's nine at night and TV sucks," John said dismissively.

She blinked again and could barely take her eyes away from the screen. "You're doing this to fluster me, aren't you?" CJ snapped.

“No,” Leo replied, tearing his eyes away to look at her. “We’re doing this to entertain ourselves. Flustering you is only an added bonus.”

As he turned his eyes back to the screen, CJ growled.

John looked over at her. “Yes, darling?”

"I can't believe you men," she muttered, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Yeah, well," Leo said, sneaking a peek under the pillow, "you'll believe this when I get to bed..."

CJ's lips moved but no sound came out.

“I believe you’ve rendered the very wordy CJ McGarry speechless,” John joked. “Congrats.”

“Thanks,” Leo grinned.

She blinked again and turned her attention to the television screen, then back to her husband. "I'm... water -- I came down for water," she finally croaked.

"When you finish your water, you should join us," Leo suggested mildly.

She frowned. “I don’t know. Might not be a good idea. You two have fun, though.”

As she headed into the kitchen, she heard them talking in soft voices, but she didn’t know what they were saying. She was too far out of range. After pouring a glass of water, she drank hungrily, pausing only when the glass was empty. She filled it up again, and sipped it, using the time to reflect on what was going on around her.

She couldn't pretend that she didn't want John again -- she had never gotten him entirely out of her system. The thought of being with him again made her feel weak in the knees.

But there was so much more at stake now, and she couldn't give in to her desires that easily.

Deep down, she minded that Leo could be more sexually free than she could be; however, she didn’t want to jeopardize his happiness. If John was what he wanted, he could have the tall, dark, mysterious, smoldering...

“Oh, knock it off,” she muttered to herself, shaking herself of the thoughts. She had to be the glue that held her family together, she decided, and that was that.

She put the glass in the sink and passed by the living room soundlessly on her way back to the bedroom.

She was awakened by the warmth of Leo sliding into bed with her. "Hey," he whispered in her ear. "Feeling frisky?"

"Sleepy," she mumbled.

Leo ignored her and showered the back of her neck with soft kisses. She shivered before she could control her reaction; as he continued his assault, she silently cursed herself.

“You smell good,” he whispered.

“You’re horny,” she retorted.

He put an arm around her stomach, letting it trail down to the waistband of her shorts. A gasp escaped her parted lips.

"Hell yes, I'm horny," Leo whispered in her ear. "I sat there, watching that damn movie and remembering..."

"Turn the light on," CJ whispered. "You never make love to me with the light on -- are you ashamed to see me?"

He kissed her soundly. “Ashamed? Hardly. I still can’t believe you married me. I keep reminding myself how lucky I am.”

“Let’s turn the lights on, okay?”

“You sure that’s a good idea?”

“Leo! I knew it! You are ashamed of--” the lights flicked on. CJ gasped, and glanced around the room as she jumped into a sitting position. John was leaning against the closed door, his hand on the switch. “--me. Both of you, get out now,” she didn’t even falter as her line was crossed.

John shook his head. “Claudia Jean, come over here, would you?”

“No. I can’t believe you two planned this! Like, maybe I’d like to know if there’s going to be an audience--”

“Now,” he commanded gently, cutting her hissed rant short. “Please. I’m not going to jump you. I just want to show you something.”

CJ groaned and got out of bed, standing five feet or so in front of him. “What is it, John?” She frowned. “And it better not be your erection.”

He chuckled. “God, CJ.” He neared her and positioned her in front of the full length mirror nearby. With him behind her, she couldn’t move. “Look into the mirror, tell me what you see.”

“Me. A mother, a wife, a--”

“--sexy woman.” She shook her head and dropped her eyes at his suggestion. “Want us to show you why you’re so sexy?”

Her voice was unsteady a nd unsure when she whispered, "No. Please -- just leave. Leave me alone..."

"You don't want that," Leo whispered, and she whirled to look at him. "I know that voice."

"I want you both to leave me alone," she said, her voice a little steadier.

"You don't," John said, his voice low and teasing. His lips found her neck and when she didn't thrust an elbow into him, he pressed a soft kiss against her skin.

“God,” she croaked. “John, please.”

He smirked. “Back to the lesson, my dear CJ.” CJ found herself looking into the mirror again as he called for Leo. When Leo was at her side, he reached for one of her hands and held onto it. “Now, what do we love about your body?”

“Lips--” Leo answered, kissing her passionately and thoroughly. She whimpered and sagged against John.

When the kiss ended, she whispered, "Please don't... Leo, stop, please..."

He studied her for a long moment, seeing the fear in her eyes and he backed off. "Honey," he whispered.

"Please go," she murmured. "I can't do this."

“Let’s sit and talk,” Leo whispered as she slipped out of John’s arms. She glanced back at the darker man, and his rejection was so plain on his face that it looked as though he might cry. That sight broke her heart.

"Okay," she whispered, her voice soft and shakey still from the desire that was coursing through her. "Just talk."

"Just talk," Leo agreed softly. He sighed as she sat down in front of him and settled back against him, fully aware that she could feel how aroused he was from that angle. "Now tell me..."

"Tell you what?" She murmured.

"Why are you so against this, sweetheart?"

She watched John ease himself onto the foot of the bed, far from them. She craned her neck to look at Leo, and asked: “I need to have a reason?”

“You obviously do,” he replied. “Help us understand. Please.”

"I don't want to hurt John again," she whispered. "And I don't want to hurt you. And we have Carrie to think about --"

"She's half in love with John, herself," Leo said, softly kissing his wife's neck. "You aren't hurting me by wanting him."

She shrugged. “I don’t know... I just feel like...”

“Am I hurting you by wanting him?”

“No!” She answered. “I want you to be happy. He makes you happy.”

“You made me happy first,” he responded.

She sighed. “But, I’m not even the same me...”

"I know," Leo whispered. "You've cast on your inhibitions and made yourself into a wonderful mother and a perfect wife. But you're dying inside, aren't you? Just making sure that everything is just so... you're dying a little every day, Claudia -- I want my wild, sweet, passionate darling back."

“I think I lost her.”

John asked softly, hesitantly, “May we help you find her?”

"I don't know if I want her back," CJ whispered. "She just makes trouble."

"No," Leo murmured against her ear. "She makes life bearable -- she offers such sweetness and delicious pleasure that no one can resist her. I want her back."

CJ whimpered. “So, you don’t like me as I am now?”

"I love you so much," Leo whispered. "All of you -- both sides of you. You can't hide who you are, darling."

"But you don't like me now..."

"I miss the real you. The one that's lost."

“Look, everyone loses a part of themselves after marriage and children,” she reasoned. “I’m no different--”

John cut her off. “Bullshit, CJ.”

Her eyes welled up with tears, and her lower lip trembled. “So uncalled for.”

“CJ,” he said after a long sigh. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say it like that.”

"Yes, you did, because you obviously feel that way!" CJ exclaimed. "What, you think that just because I came down here, I want sex with you? It's a big leap, John -- I wanted to see if you still wanted to be friends, and..." She broke off, suddenly speechless. "Damn it," she finally whispered.

"Damn what?" Leo asked.

"And I wanted to see if you still had feelings for me," CJ whispered.

John smiled. “Ahhh, and the truth starts to slip out.”

“I just... Leo, I love you, and you know that,” he nodded as she spoke, kissing her neck. She continued after a deep breath. “But, I didn’t know if you still made love to me because you wanted me, because I was still sexy, or if because I was your wife.” She took another deep breath. “So, if John was still attracted to me, I thought, maybe I could feel a little better... I’m just so...”

"Very incredibly repressed," Leo supplied glibly.

"Yes," she whispered.

“Will you let us help?” He asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know what good it’ll do.”

"It'll bring you some measure of comfort..." Leo said softly.

"Comfort of what?" She asked, leaning heavily back against him.

"You can take comfort in yourself," John said.

She shrugged. “I haven’t been comfortable in my skin for a long time.”

Leo slowly wrapped his arms around her, half-expecting her to push his arms off of her. But, she didn’t. “Did you feel you couldn’t tell me how you were feeling?”

"Yes," she whispered.

"Oh, honey..." Leo murmured, holding her just a little tighter, stroking her arms and her back comfortingly. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you..."

"You were, I just couldn't... I couldn't understand it or talk about it."

John reached for her hands and stroked their backs with his calloused fingers. “You’re trying now. That’s what matters.”

CJ sighed softly and her head tipped forward. "My head hurts so badly I can't think straight," she whispered.

"Oh, honey," Leo sighed, pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

"I'll be better in the morning," she assured him softly.

“Do you want anything before you go to bed?” John asked. “I can get it and bring it in for you. Tea? Herbal tea? Milk?”

She looked up at him through wide eyes. "I should be okay," she whispered.

"Are you sure -- so you want me to --" Leo began.

"I'd be better alone, y'know?" CJ whispered. "That's why you end up sleeping in the guest room sometimes."

Leo nodded while John suggested: “I’ll go crash in the living room. Leo, you can have my bed.”

“John, no, I couldn’t--”

CJ interrupted. “You two go sleep together... you know you want to.”

"Could you be a little nicer about it?" Leo grumbled.

"Please... I'm happy when you are," CJ whispered, closing her eyes.

"I want to stay here with you," Leo insisted.

CJ shook her head. “My head... hurts. You know how I--”

Leo nodded, feeling a little disappointed. “Yeah. I know. Don’t worry about it. I’ll let you have this nice big bed all to yourself,” He kissed her shoulder. “I’ll take the living room sofa, and John, you can keep your bed.” He kissed her again. “And, I’m happy because you’ve confided in me. Thank you for trusting me.”

"I would trust you with my life," CJ whispered, kissing him gently on the lips. "I love you so much."

"Get some sleep," Leo whispered.

She let Leo pull the covers up over her, after he slipped out from under her. She hummed as he pressed his lips to her forehead. John got up, and whispered, “Sweet dreams, darling. I hope you feel better in the morning.”

CJ puckered her lips, and tapped her cheek, although her eyes were still closed. John chuckled. “Alright then.” He pressed his lips to her cheek, letting them linger. “If you need anything, just yell, okay?”

"Mmmmhmm," she mumbled.

When she awoke, sun was coming in under the curtains and she was feeling a little better. She rolled over and curled up around a pillow, yawning.

"Mommy?" Came Carrie's whisper from her other side. "You wake?"

“Yes, sweetheart, I’m awake. What’s up?”

“Why Daddy sleep on sofa?”

CJ rolled up into a sitting position and pushed her hair out of her face. “Well, my head was sore... I wasn’t much fun to be with last night.”

"Okay," Carrie said softly. "You better now?"

"Yes," CJ murmured, reaching out and ruffling her hair. "I love you, baby doll..."

"I love you, too, mommy..."

“Did you notice if Mr. John’s up yet?” CJ asked as she pulled the covers back.

Carrie shook her head. “Nope. He and Daddy still snoring.”

“Well, you hungry?” She nodded enthusiastically. CJ smiled. “Well, let’s go wake him up, okay?”

"No..." Carrie said thoughtfully. "He's tired. He should sleep. You and me can have toast and milk, Mommy."

"Okay," CJ agreed, kissing her cheek.

Carrie grabbed her mother’s hand, and pulled her out of bed. CJ balked. “Baby, how about you let me wash up, okay?”

“You slow.”

CJ laughed. “Yeah, but I’ll only be a few minutes longer.”

"Promise?"

"I promise," CJ said softly. "Or, better yet, you could help me clean up..."

"No thank you, Mommy -- I want a bath of my own," Carrie said with a big smile. "I'll go watch TV."

“Okay. Don’t wake Daddy, though, okay?”

“I’ll be quiet. Promise.”

“I’ll be quick. Promise.”

CJ rushed into the private bathroom and turned the shower on. She brushed her teeth while she waited for the water to be at the perfect temperature.

Underneath the gentle spray, she felt better. Her limbs were awakening, and slowly, her mind started waking up as well.

She breathed deeply of the steam and turned off the water, stepping out into the cool air.

Her eyes opened wide and she gasped when she saw John lurking just inside the door. "Did I startle you?" He asked.

“Close your eyes, and hand me a towel, would you?” She demanded, as she covered her body up.

John didn’t obey. “CJ, you know... your body...”

“Is fat and saggy and ugly, would you hand me the goddamned towel?”

His tone was a little harsh, but still heavy with lust; she would’ve recognized that tone anytime, anywhere. “I’ve seen all of this before, and it’s much better than I remember, so don’t be so shy.”

“John... please, the towel.”

He handed it over, hearing the tremble in her voice. He wanted to push her, but not until she broke down. “You used to love waltzing around, still wet from a shower.”

“Past tense.”

“Give me a little twirl,” he suggested.

She licked her lips and glanced down at her feet, shaking her head a little. "Not today, okay?" She tied the towel around her and pushed her hair back out of her eyes. "And what are you doing, skulking around while I'm trying to shower?"

He smiled. “Contrary to popular belief, I wasn’t *skulking*. I was coming in to ask how you wanted your eggs. I called your name, and knocked but you didn’t answer.” He shrugged. “I didn’t think you’d mind.”

She nodded slightly and backed away from him a little. "I... scrambled is good, but Carrie and I were going to have some toast and milk..."

"Whatever you want," John said softly, his eyes moving up and down her figure.

She flushed and reached for her hairbrush.

“Carrie’s with Leo right now,” he told her. “They’re watching... I don’t know what it’s called.”

“Out of the children’s tv loop?”

“Most definitely.”

She smiled. “I’ll come out and have breakfast with Carrie in a bit. She didn’t want to wake you up, so she suggested toast and milk.”

“Ahh, ok,” he nodded. “Well, I was going to grab some coffee and then go check on the barns, if you want to come down and have the grand tour.”

"Okay," CJ agreed softly, suddenly feeling no shame in standing half-dressed in front of him.

"See you in a bit."

~*~

CJ pulled on her jeans and her cowboy boots, thinking that she might do a little riding.

When she came out of the room, she saw Leo in his boxers and t-shirt, bouncing Carrie on his knee at the kitchen table, while John sat at the counter, wearing Wranglers, boots, and a dark polo shirt.

“Good morning, beautiful,” Leo smiled as CJ came closer to kiss the top of his head. “Sleep well?”

“Yes, thank you, darling.” She glanced at John, and noticed that he was wearing a belt buckle, too. A nice one, not one the size of a dinner plate that she expected rodeo stars to wear. “Well, hello, cowboy.”

"Don't you look like a cowgirl?" John asked with a smirk.

She blushed and smiled. "I try," CJ said softly.

"You'll probably want some sunscreen before we head out," John said mildly.

“Oh, okay. I’ll go grab it.”

John smiled. “I’ll put your toast on.”

“Mr. John,” Carrie asked, “Can I have another piece?”

“Sure.”

Carrie smiled at him with all of her teeth showing.

John watched CJ leave the room, then turned to see Carrie grinning at him. "You are a charmer," he murmured, throwing a couple more pieces of toast into the toaster.

"That's what Daddy says," Carrie said.

Leo chuckled and scooped Carrie up into his arms. “Yep, you’re my little charmer.” She giggled and wrapped her arms around Leo’s neck. John sat back and watched them for a moment, a little jealous, and then he squashed the feelings and returned to sipping his coffee and watching CJ’s toast.

Cj came back a few minutes later, looking a little shinier around the face. "All ready," she said. "How's my toast?"

John passed her a plate and a cup of coffee. "I'll be outside -- you take your time," he said with a smile.

“You won’t forget and leave me wandering around the open range by myself?”

He smiled. “Nope. I’ll be waiting for you.”

“Thanks, John. I appreciate it.”

She watched him leave and then she settled into a chair next to her family. Leo studied her for a moment, and then said: “You look well-rested.”

"I slept pretty well," she admitted.

"Kiddo, why don't you go watch that movie," Leo suggested, turning Carrie loose. He waited until she was gone before he said, "I'm worried about you, sweetheart. Your headaches --"

"Are nothing new," CJ said gently.

"But honey, I'm sure that some of it is because you're hurting so much inside," Leo whispered, moving to hug her.

She let him hug her, as she rested her head on his shoulder. “Don’t worry about me, okay?”

“I love you,” he didn’t answer her request.

“I love you, too, Leo.”

"Now eat your breakfast and go do whatever," Leo instructed firmly.

~*~

The horse bolted across the range, and CJ held on for dear life. She suddenly wasn't liking this as much as she had been.

She could hear another horse behind her. She prayed it was John’s bay horse, and not something else to ruin her morning. Her own horse--what seemed to be a mild-mannered gray gelding--had taken off after some movement along one of the trails, and then she ended up out into the field, no control, no clue on how to stay on, except to grip the horn with her hands.

“CJ!” John called out to her. “Relax your legs, and hold the reins!”

“You’re crazy!” She called back, but when the horse sped up as they went over a small crest, she decided to obey. As she relaxed her legs, her seat fell into the saddle more; the horse slowed down a little.

John moved into her peripheral vision, and she calmed down a little. Slowly, he reached over with his left hand and grabbed her reins. “Hold the horn, and sit back,” he directed her in a voice that she could barely hear.

She tried, but her legs were so tired. John pulled on both sets of reins, and said very loudly and firmly: “Whoooooa.” Down to a jog, CJ could take a deep breath. He tried again. “Whoooa.”

Both horses stopped. CJ took one look at John and burst into tears.

He dismounted and grabbed her around the waist, pulling her off the horse to the ground with him. He held her close and threaded his fingers through her hair as she wept. "Shh... it's all right," he murmured, pressing a kiss into her hair. "It's okay now..."

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” CJ kept whispering when she wasn’t sobbing. Her arms reached around and her hands gripped his shoulders.

“You’re safe and sound. I’ve got you.”

He could feel her shaking, and he whispered reassurances into her ear until she stopped crying and just held him tighter and tighter still. "CJ, my skin won't fit two," he joked lamely.

"I was so scared," she whispered, pulling back to look up at him, blinking. "Thank you, John... thank you for..."

"Shh -- don't say it," he said, laying one finger over her lips. "You don't say that word. I didn't rescue you."

“B-bu-but...” When she heard her voice shake, she stopped and took two deep breaths.

She was about to open her mouth, but John stopped her. “Do that again.” She smiled and indulged him, taking two more deep breaths. “Better?”

“Yeah. Oh, god, thanks, John, so much.”

In reply, he kissed her forehead.

She leaned against him and rested her forehead on his chest as he circled his arms around her. She breathed deeply, feeling his grip tighten and ebb with her breathing, and she slowly calmed down until her heart was beating normally, and her breathing was slow and even as it should be.

"That's a girl," John soothed.

After a few more quiet minutes, she asked in a soft voice: “Do we have to ride back?”

“You should get on again.” When he felt her stiffen at his suggestion, he launched into an explanation, “When a rider has a mishap and gets off immediately after, for good, the fear usually keeps he or she from getting on again.”

“I don’t wanna get on again.”

John hid his smile from her. “Oh, c’mon, Taylor’s a good guy. I’ll walk alongside of you with Smokey, and you’ll never have to ride again after that.”

“I’m too sore. Can we rest a bit longer?”

"Just a little while," John said cautiously.

"Okay," she whispered, moving to sit down on the ground. "God, I didn't know that could happen -- I mean, you see it in the movies and... but you never think it's going to happen to you."

John sat down behind her, putting his arms around her and letting her relax back into him. "I know," he whispered, leaning forward to conform to her.

She didn't respond when he did that, so he decided to push his luck. He nuzzled her neck, to be rewarded with a soft moan of appreciation.

He pulled back, but returned to her neck when she made a noise of disappointment. “Don’t let go,” she whispered. “Please.”

“Your wish is my command.”

"I was so scared," she whispered as his nose and lips found her skin again, nuzzling and kissing gently the hollow of her neck and shoulder. "I saw everything flashing by me and all I could think of was losing Carrie and never telling you and Leo how much I love you both so very much..."

John’s lips curved into a smile against her skin at her honesty. “Well, you’re safe, and you won’t lose Carrie, and you can tell Leo and I how you feel anytime now.”

She turned her head and grasped his chin gently in her fingers, bringing him back up to the level of her lips. She leaned into him and kissed him softly, hesitantly, but with enough passion that it felt right to be there again with him.

“Showing’s also good,” he said on a sigh when CJ pulled back. She smiled and kissed him again. John moved her so she faced him, and he adjusted his grip on her, massaging her back gently.

In turn, CJ’s hands traveled over his face, and threaded through his hair as the kiss deepened. When her hands reached his neck, they rested there; they parted for oxygen after that, and kept their foreheads together.

"If Leo finds out we started without him, he'll throw a fit," John murmured.

"Who said we started anything?" CJ asked softly, feeling a little guilty that she had stepped back into her old shoes so willingly after a near-accident. "Maybe I just wanted to kiss you."

"We'll see about that tonight," John said with a smirk. "I have plans for you."

"No porn," she begged.

He promised. “No porn.”

“We’re heading back now, aren’t we?”

He nodded. “’fraid so.” They moved together, slowly. “Will you be okay?”

“If you let me walk back, yeah.” When John pressed his lips together and shook his head, she pouted. “Please?”

“CJ, Taylor’s the one who helped rescue you,” he tried to reason with her.

"I'd feel safer if I was riding with you," she whispered.

"So hop up and we'll do that," John said. "I'll hold onto you and nothing will happen."

She smiled. “Smokey won’t get jealous?”

John shook his head. “Nah, he’ll pony alongside no problem.”

“Pony?”

He moved from her and started taking a halter and rope lead down from Taylor’s saddlebags. “That’s what we call it when you ride one and pull the other alongside.” He tied Smokey’s reins to the saddle horn, and clipped the halter and lead on. “You want to be in front, or in back?”

"Front," CJ said decisively. "You said you'd hold me and protect me. You can't do that if I'm in back."

"You have to be logical," John said, rolling his eyes.

"I can be illogical!"

"Prove it."

She growled at him, while reaching for his shirt and pulling him in, crushing her lips against his. He stood there stunned for a moment, and then he responded, wrapping his arms around her.

She pulled back for air, breathing deeply. "I'm illogical," she murmured.

"I like illogical," John whispered, dropping his lips to hers for another hungry, delicious kiss.

"I don't want to go back yet," CJ whispered against his lips.

“Well, eventually, Smokey and Taylor are going to give up on us and go home.”

“You’re being logical now,” she scolded, chest heaving as she tried to give her lungs the air they needed.

He chuckled and showered her face with kisses. “There’s a sofa in my office in the barn.”

“Too far away.”

“Could walk a bit longer to the run-in shed, and leave the horses there, and then go find a nice--” He stopped talking when she kissed him again. “Well, what’s it gonna be?”

"Here and now," She whispered, running her fingers down his shirt, caressing the flesh beneath his shirt with one light touch.

"Here and now?"

"Yes."

“What about the horses?”

“They can enjoy the show,” she replied, distracted with John’s belt. “How does this thing work, anyway?” John chuckled and covered her hands with his, and showed her how to lift the silver plate up to release the leather strap. When she paused after undoing the button on his jeans, he slid his hands up her arms, and let them rest on her shoulders. He wanted this to be on her terms; she decided to abandon her defenses, so she should decide how and when, he reasoned.

Her breath caught in her throat as she contemplated the next step. Her lips sought his and her fingertips caressed his waist. It was a huge step, one that she wasn't quite sure she could make.

When her fingertips dipped too low, his hips flexed up against hers. He tried to smother his groan, but it slipped out into her mouth. She gasped, and pulled back, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"What you do to me, Claudia," he whispered, his eyes glazed with passion. "Do you really not know how sexy you are?"

Her eyes watered up as her cheeks flushed. “I just... things changed after Carrie. My body has never been the same...”

“I adore the new one as much as I adored the old one,” he told her sincerely. “Besides, that isn’t all that I love about you.”

“No?”

He shook his head. “Definitely not.”

"What do you love about me?" She asked, genuinely curious as his lips caressed her neck and brought a breathless moan to the surface.

"I love your brain and your heart," he murmured, "and your smile... the way you look when you're on the edge of orgasm --"

When he stopped talking, she looked up with a playful smile on her face. “Don’t stop now.”

He smirked at her tone. “Well, then there’s also the way you curl up in your sleep, around a pillow.”

“You love that, too?”

“I love everything about you,” he said, while leaning in to kiss her again.

"Even though I hurt you so badly?" She whispered.

"You can't choose who you love," John murmured, kissing her hungrily.

Her hands that had been resting on his hips dug into his waist, gripping him against her. He untucked her shirt, and let his hands roam underneath the top. She gasped at the contact, but didn’t pull away.

He broke from her mouth to trail his along her neck. She groaned loudly, feeling her inhibitions slide away, while her hands traveled up to his head to thread through his hair.

"God, what you do to me," she whispered, pulling his lips back to hers for an intensely hot, hungry kiss that left them both shaking in its wake.

“Tell me, show me,” he muttered as he reached for the button fly on her jeans. “Don’t hide again, please.”

When his fingers slipped past the barrier of her underwear, she gasped and then moaned, instinctively arching against him. “Oh, god, John...”

“Promise me...”

“Promise me what?” She asked.

“That you won’t hide from this again...” his fingers brushed against her centre, making her moan again. “Promise?”

Her breathing was shaky and forced as she moaned, "Yes... yes, I promise -- anything, John, I promise..."

While one arm was wrapped around her, the hand nestled in the small of her back, the other pushed harder against her core, extracting moans and sighs from her swollen lips.

She wept with pleasure as he slid a finger inside her, and her lips parted to allow a shaky cry to emerge.

"I love you so much," John whispered.

His words surprised her, but they felt so real and so right that she responded with sweet words of her own: “I love you--” John’s finger moved faster, and she felt her knees buckle; her arms reached up and grabbed his shoulders, while John held her firmly, not letting her fall down. “Oh, god, John!”

He had pushed her into a powerful orgasm, letting her words of praise and encouragement slow into a babbling of sounds.

She slumped against him, dazed by the power of it all, scared that he held such power over her. Some little part of her screamed that she loved it, and she closed her eyes, feeling so damn conflicted.

"You okay?" John whispered.

"I want to go back now," she said, trying not to sound like she was trying to hurt him. "I want you to be able to be comfortable."

“Okay,” John responded, trying to sound as warm as he could, even though he was struggling to understand why it felt as though she was putting up those walls again. He pressed his lips to her hair, assaulting his senses with the scent of her shampoo. “You wanna hop up there?”

“As long as you’re going to be behind me.”

"I will," he promised.

~*~

By the time they reached the stables, CJ was more than slightly wet from the warmth of him behind her and the stimulation of other sensitive areas of her body from the ride. She moaned as John swung down from the horse's back and pulled her down with him, weak and shaking.

"You did good," he whispered against her ear.

“Huh?”

“Riding back,” he replied, as he handed her Smokey’s leadline. “You got back on, I’m proud of you.”

She blushed. “Thank you.”

“Do you mind walking him in?”

CJ shook her head. “Nah, I should be okay.”

"Really? I wouldn't want you to trip or anything," John joked with a wink.

"I just want to go give Carrie a hug," CJ said softly. "Then I'm all yours."

There was a loaded statement if he'd ever heard one.

He went into the barn first, bringing the big bay into the aisle. His farm’s manager, a name CJ was too distracted to catch, came out and told John he’d put the two horses away. John mentioned something about Smokey’s behavior, and then he smiled at CJ, and said: “Ready?”

She nodded and managed a smile. “Yes. Are you?”

“Yes,” he grinned. “Definitely.”

Once they were outside, John moved quickly, and picked CJ up, hoisting her up over his shoulder, to walk in long, determined strides to the house.

"I can walk," she giggled, smacking his back.

"MOMMY!" Carrie gasped as they came in through the kitchen. She was sitting at the counter, trying to sneak a cookie, but dropped her Oreo on the floor with wide eyes when she saw John carrying her.

John smiled down at the little girl. “You dropped your cookie, Miss Carrie.”

“You carry Mommy!”

“She’s not heavy at all,” he replied, jostling her playfully, which only made CJ shriek and laugh more.

“Why?!” Carrie asked.

"Because your mommy is a klutz," John said, "and I don't want her hurting herself."

"Hey, those are fighting words!" CJ shrieked, pummeling John's shoulder as she laughed.

"WHat in blue blazes --" Leo started as he came into the room. His eyes widened and he said, "Well, it's nice to see you two enjoying yourselves..."

"She enjoyed herself A LOT," John said.

Leo smiled. “Yes, she’s looking a little flushed.”

“Mr. John? You put Mommy down?”

John winked at the girl. “You think I should?”

“Well... yeah,” Carrie replied.

John jostled CJ again, and asked: “You ready?”

“John, put me down, now.”

“Mommy, say please.”

“Yes, Mommy,” John teased. “Say please.”

With a growl and another smack, CJ grumbled. “Please, put me down, now.”

CJ slid to the ground after John dipped down. There was a little friction between them that made CJ gasp; but, she recovered relatively quickly to thank him, before walking to the fridge to get a drink.

"Do I get something?" John asked after she cracked open a bottle of water.

She got another and tossed it to him. "Your crazy friend saved my ass," CJ said in Leo's general direction.

"Mommy, you don't have a donkey," Carrie said in a warning tone. "So don't say that word."

"She's right," John said, smirking.

Leo laughed as CJ shot John a killer look. Then, he asked: “So how did my crazy friend save your cute behind?”

“Runaway horse,” CJ muttered. “I’m never riding again.” When Leo’s eyebrows jumped up, she corrected herself: “I’m never riding that horse again.”

John added: “Smokey got spooked, and took off. I got to play the knight in shining armour.”

"And he did," CJ said in an awed tone. "He was wonderful..." She shivered a little and sighed dreamily, which made Leo do a double take.

John was just watching her, smirking.

Leo cleared his throat. “Well, I’m really glad John was there,” he said softly, nearing CJ to kiss her temple. “If you had gotten hurt...”

“I didn’t,” she smiled, pausing from her response to kiss her husband on his lips. “He’s a good rider.”

"And so is she, if she'd just get back in the saddle," John said pointedly.

"I want to go ride a horsie," Carrie piped up. "Mommy, take me, please?"

"Oh, honey, I don't ever want to ride a horse again," CJ said sadly. "Maybe Mr. John will take you, though -- I need to talk to Daddy."

Carrie’s eyes grew large, and then she looked at Leo. “Uh oh, Daddy. Sounds like trouble.”

Leo smiled. “I can handle it. John,” he then asked. “Do you mind taking Carrie down?”

John shook his head. “Nah, not at all. It’ll be fun. Did you wanna ride Disco again?”

Carrie nodded, her grin stretching. “Oh, yeah! Can I?” John nodded, and she turned to Leo. “That’s the horse I rode yesterday! He’s so big and brown, and he likes to lick my hand!”

CJ smiled. “He’s only about five feet tall, Daddy, don’t worry.”

“And about as bombproof as they come,” John assured him.

Leo bent down and spoke to his daughter. “You go have fun, sweetheart.”

Carrie gave her father a hug, before going over to John and tugging on his jeans. “When?”

“How about right now?”

"I like that," Carrie said with a big smile, following him outside.

"You wanted to --" Leo began, but he was cut off by CJ's lips on his. "-- talk to me?" He breathed when they parted.

"John... he... I..." CJ said softly. "I wasn't in control, Leo. He -- I -- I allowed him to make me come. On the dirt. Like a... a... common whore."

Leo wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. When she tried to duck her eyes away from his, he put a hand on her cheek and directed her to face him. “You’re not a common whore, CJ.”

“Then, why do I feel like one?”

"Because you're scared that we'll see your true self after being blinded by the glare of your reflection for so long."

"Poetic words," she whispered.

"Heartfelt," Leo murmured.

"I feel so... dirty." She looked at him with worried eyes.

"Did you like the way he touched you?" Leo asked softly.

"I asked him to. No. I ordered him to. I won't lie about it. I wanted him to. And I wanted him to do it there," CJ said quietly.

Leo nodded, and then added lightly: “Better there than here.”

“Leo!”

“CJ,” he said, rubbing her back softly with his hand. “You had a real experience, and a real reaction... I’m really glad you acted the way you did. You’ve been holding back for so long.”

"I want nothing more than to be with you both again," CJ whispered, looking terrified. "But I... don't know if I can."

"Oh, sweetheart..." Leo whispered, hugging her tightly.

After a few minutes of silence, he suggested: “Take your time, don’t rush this, okay?”

“I want it so badly... but...” she shivered. “I’m worried it’ll be so different, not as good.”

"We won't rush you," Leo whispered, stroking her back. "Last night scared you, and I'm sorry. We won't push you again, baby..."

She whispered softly, "Maybe tonight, I'll think about it..."

“It’s up to you,” he assured her. “Even if all we do is kiss... if you don’t feel ready, you don’t feel ready. And,” he added. “We both still love you, so don’t worry about us.”

She smiled and nodded, feeling better after his kind and gentle words. “Thank you.”

“No, thank you,” he responded. “For being honest and opening up.”

She was rewarded with a lazy kiss that seemed to go on forever. When they broke the kiss, she tucked herself into his shoulder and inhaled the scent that was uniquely her husband.

"I love you," she whispered, holding him just a little closer. "I love you..." She repeated.

"I love you, too," he murmured. "Now... you wanna go take a nap or watch a movie or something?"

She nodded. “A movie sounds nice. Can I get a shower first?”

“Sure,” he answered. “I’ll make us something to eat while you wash up.”

“Or...” her voice was hesitant, “...did you want to join me?”

"I would love nothing more than to join you in a nice, warm shower," Leo said softly. "If you want me to, that is..."

"I would love that myself," she whispered. "Please."

He stepped back and smiled. “Let’s get wet.”

She smirked. “I think I’ve got you beat there,” she muttered as she headed towards their bathroom.

He followed her, pouncing on her once the bathroom door was closed and locked. "I want to make you wet," he growled, kissing her hungrily.

"Shower," CJ mumbled, propelling them toward the shower.

Leo fumbled with the faucets, and soon the hot water was streaming down into the shower. Then, he turned back to CJ, and with calculated movements, he had her effectively pinned against the wall.

“Leo,” she whispered as his mouth hovered over hers. “Please, Leo...”

He didn’t heed her pleas. Instead, he used his leg to part hers, and his hands to tug her shirt off. And then, he returned to torturing her.

"Oh, you... you..." She moaned through the kisses.

"Oh, me what?" Leo teased lustily, unbuttoning her jeans and pushing them down her thighs, along with her panties.

"You horny bastard," she whispered. "Oh, I wish we could be kinky in here..."

He smirked, relishing the things she was saying. He removed her bra, and let his hand squeeze one of her breasts. She arched off the wall into him, and moaned loudly.

The steam was floating around them, making it even harder for CJ to breathe. She panted heavily, and then gasped as Leo grabbed her wrists and pinned them above her head with a little difficulty, leaving her body free for him to explore.

"Ohh..." she breathed when he closed his lips over one of her nipples, tugging gently and kissing hungrily. "Don't stop -- don't ever stop," she pleaded.

He grinned against her, and switched to the other, tending to it as he had the first. She squirmed more, sighing and moaning when he pushed for more.

She gasped when he felt his free hand trailing lower, between her legs. He looked up as she closed her eyes shut tightly and grunted at the contact.

"Hey," he whispered softly. "Open your eyes... you are a beautiful woman, Claudia Jean. Please let me make you feel beautiful."

Her eyelids fluttered open and she gasped and moaned as he began to gently caress her intimately.

She felt as though she was suspended. Their eyes were locked on each other, the emotional closeness driving her wild as his hand did. “Let me hold you...” she begged.

“No, sweetheart,” he replied. “This is about you.”

She arched and cried out as his touch gained in intensity, and sudden pleasure overwhelmed her, blinding her to everything but the fact that she forgot to breathe.

When she came to, she was slumped on the floor, and Leo was caressing her cheek. “Hey, hey, CJ...”

“I’m here,” she whispered. “Barely, but here.”

He kissed her forehead. “You really have to remember to breathe.”

“I’ll never learn,” she replied cheekily as she tried to sit up a bit. “That was incredible.”

“You look incredible when you do that,” he commented, brushing her hair back off her face. “It did scare me though.”

"You learned how to make me pass out," she whispered, reaching up to caress his cheek. "Now I'll try to remember to breathe..."

"Promise me," Leo whispered earnestly.

"I promise."

"Do you need to lie down, honey --"

"Am," she muttered. "Need to get up."

Leo stepped back and offered her a hand so he could pull her up with him. Slowly, they moved into a standing position; CJ sagged against him, needing his support. “How about I tuck you in for a nap?”

She shook her head. “I need to get clean. I’m all sticky.”

“Okay,” he nodded. “Let’s just take a rest for a second.”

"Okay," she whispered. "Wow. I haven't felt like that in..."

"Years," Leo said softly.

"Too many years," she whispered in reply.

He nodded in agreement and then asked: “How do you feel about it?”

She turned and looked at him, a sly smile on her face. Before he could ask anymore questions, she kissed him sweetly. “I feel... kind of liberated, kind of afraid, kind of excited.” She shrugged. “A bunch of things.”

"And..."

"And I want to feel this way forever," she whispered, smiling. "I don't want to lose it again."

Leo smiled. “You don’t have to.”

“I’m gonna work on it. Now,” she eyed him up and down, in his clothes. “We have to do something about this, if you’re going to join me in there.”

"You want me naked?" He asked with a big grin.

"Do I ever," she whispered, sidling closer.

“Showers do work better that way, I guess,” he joked, as he reached for his shirt.

She stopped him. “Let me.”

"You want to --"

"I want to undress you," she whispered, reaching for the buttons.

When the shirt was open, she pushed it over his shoulders and let him shrug it off. She put her hands on his chest, and explored a little, teasing him in the places he loved the most. Then, she moved onto his pants; first the belt, and then the button, and lastly, the zipper. Leo held his breath the entire time, and let it out when she slid the fabric down his legs.

She let her fingers trail over his boxers when she stood back up. He shivered under her touch.

"You're a little excited," she commented softly.

"Only a little," he agreed jokingly.

"I love it when you're so excited..."

“Show me,” he insisted.

She grinned and dipped her head to shower his chest with kisses. Slowly, her hand left the safety of his shoulder, and slid down to the waistband of the boxers.

He groaned as she pulled them down slowly over his hips, and her hand encircled his erection, stroking it gently.

“Like this?” She asked in a low voice.

He could barely manage a nod.

“Leo?”

“Yes?”

She kissed him. “Let’s keep those eyes open, okay?”

“I’ll do what I can...”

“Leo...”

"Hmm?" He groaned, arching into her hand.

"I'm feeling just a little frisky," she purred, kissing her way down his chest, over his stomach, and down lower to his cock, enveloping him with her warm, tender mouth.

His body lurched. “Oh, CJ!”

She laughed, and continued her ministrations, holding onto him while she moved her head back and forth along his shaft.

He groaned and threaded his fingers through her hair, holding her tightly to him. It took very little for him to come, and he relaxed against her slowly.

"That's my guy," CJ said with a smirk.

"Premature ejaculation is nothing to be proud of," Leo groaned.

"If it makes you happy, I'm all about it," CJ commented dryly.

Leo looked down at her and smiled, feeling his eyes misting over. She had been smiling back at him, but when she saw his tears, her smile faded away. “Leo? What’s wrong?” She stood up and brushed the few that fell onto his cheeks away. “Did I... is this about the short finish, because it doesn’t--”

He kissed her and pulled back to shake his head in reply. “You look really happy.”

“That’s why you’re crying?”

“I’m not crying,” Leo countered. “I just got a little caught up in the moment.” They both laughed. Then, he kissed her again before saying: “You look amazing.”

“Oh, stop, you’re making me blush.”

"If it makes you look so beautiful, I would have you blush forever," he murmured, reaching up to stroke her cheek.

"Shh..." CJ whispered. "Let's just take that shower, okay?"

Leo let her tug him into the shower, and underneath the spray, they held each other closely. When they parted, they each took turns washing each other, and rinsing each other, enjoying the contact that their skin allowed for.

"Sometimes," Leo said softly, "I wish I knew you a long time ago. We could've been happy a lot longer."

"Hey, nostalgia is all well and good, but --" She said gently, caressing his shoulder.

"I wish we could have another baby."

She smiled a little. "You're forgetting that I swore to kill you if I had to go through that again. Not to mention we can't."

He smiled wistfully. “Yeah, I know.”

“Anyway, we lucked out,” she continued. “Carrie’s great. As long as she doesn’t take after her mother, she’ll be fine.”

“I always hope she does take after her mother,” he replied. “Living life to the fullest, standing up for what’s right, being amazing in every way possible.”

"Oh, you," CJ said in embarrassed exasperation, swiping his arm with her hand.

"I mean it," Leo said softly. "I want her to be so much like you."

She took a deep breath. “Leo, seriously.”

“I’m being very serious,” he pushed.

“So you wouldn’t mind if she ended up having a relationship with two men at the same time... and then marrying one, and ending up like this?”

He nodded. “As long as she was happy.”

“You’re crazy,” she muttered.

"Yup," Leo replied with a big grin. "The water's getting cold..."

"Oh, shit, it is!" CJ exclaimed, fumbling with the shower. "Jeez -- you could've said something sooner..."

"And miss you tearing around the shower in a panic while I watched your ass?" Leo shot back. "It should be a spectator sport."

Once the water was off, she shot him a serious look. “Leo, not everyone would enjoy watching my ass.”

“Oh, yeah, right.”

“I’m serious!” He exclaimed, reaching for her. He pulled her close to him with one hand and with the other, he trailed it from her back over her curves, and onto her upper thigh. “It’s amazing.” She tucked her face into his shoulder, so he couldn’t see her blush. “Of course, not everyone could touch it.”

She laughed. “Oh, c’mon, you crazy ol’ man. Let’s get dried off, and watch a movie.”

"Yes, ma'am," Leo said with a mock salute.

She grabbed towels and pulled one around her while handing the other to him. "About tonight..." She said hesitantly.

"What about tonight?" He asked.

"Kissing would be good."

He nodded. “It would.”

She let a breath out in a long exhale. “I need to... be careful. For me. You know?”

He reached to the medicine cabinet and picked up her hairbrush. “Yep. Besides, I like kissing you.”

"I like kissing you, too," CJ murmured. "A lot. Part of why I married you."

"I thought you married me because your lease ran out on your apartment," Leo shot back with a grin.

She laughed, taking the brush from him to untangle her short hair. “Damn, you figured me out.”

He laughed with her, and when she finished with her hair, he wrapped himself around her for a hug. She returned the embrace, and then said: “We should probably get dressed before Miss Carrie and Mr. John get back.”

“Yeah,” he responded, not wanting to let go. “Just a few more seconds, okay?”

“What’s this?” She asked, a little surprised. “You’ll get to snuggle with me on the couch, and I’m definitely not missing the make-out party.”

He inhaled deeply, and then answered. “I just like to hold you sometimes.”

"I like to hold you, too," CJ murmured, lowering her head to his shoulder and smiling. "I like it a lot... we should do it more."

"We should," he agreed.

“I know we don’t always have time, but, we should start making time.”

Leo nodded against her. “Sounds good.”

She lifted her head and kissed his cheek. “Wanna get dressed and continue this out there?”

"A cuddle on the couch?" Leo asked with an amused smile.

"Yup," she whispered, pulling back from him. "Let's go get dressed."

By the time they made it to the couch, Leo was in his butter-soft blue jeans and a soft white shirt, and CJ had decided to wear a pair of lounge pants and a t-shirt. Nothing but comfort would do for their cuddles.

The television was on, but neither of them were paying attention. CJ rested her head on Leo’s chest, and her arms were wrapped around his torso. He held her, too, while stroking his fingers of one hand through her hair.

They heard the door bang open, then a shout of, "MOMMY! MOMMY! DADDY!"

"In here," Leo called.

Carrie ran in, her face pink from the sun and her blonde hair flying in every direction. "I fell off the horse!" She exclaimed. "I fell down and went boom and Mr. John picked me up and kissed my boo-boos..."

CJ was off the couch in a second, checking her daughter over.

John walked in as CJ finished her examination, as Leo started his. “She’s fine. The horse didn’t spook. He stumbled. She was caught off-guard.”

“Oh, baby,” CJ kissed her daughter’s forehead. “You okay?”

Carrie nodded. “Mr. John said if I fall off ninety-nine more times, I’ll be as good a rider as him.”

“What?” Leo looked up at John, confused.

John explained. “An old saying that if you fall off one hundred times, you become a good rider.”

“Ahh, okay.”

He smiled. “Leo? How’s your side of the family at riding? I’m beginning to think the Cregg bloodline wasn’t passing down equestrian skills.”

"Decent," Leo said, making a so-so gesture with his hand.

"Mommy, look at this," Carrie said with a big smile, pointing at a dusty scratch on her arm.

"We need to get that cleaned up," CJ said firmly.

"NO!" Carrie yelped.

"Yes -- it's all germy," CJ said with a sigh. "Come on, you --"

John interrupted. “CJ, let me. You two stay and rest.”

CJ smiled. “Nah, I’ve got it. Hey,” she looked at her daughter. “You don’t want it to get all yucky, do you?”

“No, but it’s going to hurt.”

“In my bathroom, there’s a cream that’ll clean that up really well,” John offered. “And it doesn’t sting.”

“Promise?”

He looked down into Carrie’s big eyes. “Promise.”

"Can Mr. John clean my boo-boo?" Carrie asked CJ, pulling on the hem of her t-shirt. "Please, Mommy?"

"Okay," CJ said softly, turning Carrie loose.

About five minutes later, she was coming back on John's shoulders. "Mommy, can we live here with Mr. John?" Carrie asked. "Please?"

CJ choked on a gasp, and then looked to Leo for support. Leo only raised his eyebrows and shrugged. “Some help you are,” she grumbled, before turning back to your daughter. “Well, Baby, wouldn’t you miss your friends at home?”

"I like Mr. John better than all of them," Carrie said earnestly. "And you and Daddy don't like the house anymore -- you say it makes us sick with the moldy stuffs."

"Yes, but --"

"I love Mr. John," Carrie declared firmly, as if that hinged the deal.

CJ looked back at Leo, who was still refusing to help, and then she looked to John, who was grinning. Then, she returned to Carrie. “Well, sweetheart, I’m very touched that you love Mr. John, and I’m sure he feels the same way, but we can’t just move into his life without an offer.”

“Well, when he offers, I want you to say yes.”

With that, Carrie walked out of the room, muttering something about her dolls.

CJ looked up at John, her face flushed, and then she slowly rose to her feet. "I do hate the house," she admitted. "It's... the basement's all moldy and the library has worms and --"

"You don't have to explain," John said, holding up his hand. "And no, I didn't put the idea into her head."

There was a silent pause, then Leo said, "No, but I did."

Both John and CJ turned and stared at Leo. After a few quiet minutes, CJ cocked her head and asked: “And, how exactly did you do that?”

John pulled up the footstool and sat down on it. “Yes, Leo, please tell me how you invited yourself into my home-- not that I’m opposed to it, but, please,” he grinned as Leo groaned.

"I didn't do it on purpose," Leo said with a sigh. "I just mentioned that you seemed lonely and she asked if you might like some friends to move in. I said you might, and she started saying that she wanted to come live here and -- it was an accident," he defended.

"She wrangled you right into her hands again, Leo," CJ said with a sigh.

He nodded. “She does it so well.”

“No kidding.”

John smirked, and leaned back. “She does it pretty damn well.” After a beat, he told the parents: “She’s a good little rider. Does she take lessons at home?”

CJ shrugged. “We tried it a couple times, but she didn’t like the instructors.”

“Loved the horses, though,” Leo added.

CJ smiled a little. "She always loves the horses -- it's like she talks to them and they love her just as much as she does them."

"I could give her lessons while she's here," John said contemplatively.

“Seriously?”

He nodded. “I don’t mind. He’s a great lesson horse, and they get along well. Got him from a girl who used to show. If there’s a show...”

CJ put her hand up. “I’ve heard about all of the stuff that comes with showing. No way.” She smiled. “But, if you don’t mind giving her a few more lessons...”

"I'd be glad to," John said with a smile. "I could give you a couple more, too --"

"Don't even think about it," CJ muttered in distress, shaking her head.

Leo chuckled and brought a hand up to rub her back. John smiled. “Well, the offer’s always there.”

"I'm sure it is," CJ said in a slightly suggestive tone. "But I don't think I really need lessons in how to ride."

"Naughty girl," Leo whispered.

John smirked. “She is...”

“Like either of you are complaining.”

"No complaints here," Leo said with a smirk.

"Or here," John shot back a little too quickly.

CJ blushed and brushed her damp hair back to tuck it behind her ears. She adjusted her position on the sofa, and took a deep breath, trying to keep any more colour from rising into her cheeks.

Leo's hand drifted to her knee and he smiled as she leaned into him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Love you," she whispered.

“Love you, too,” he replied, kissing her temple, and with that, he made her sigh.

John settled down into a chair and studied them. "You okay?" He asked CJ. She was looking a little more clingy than he had seen her in a long time -- and he was wondering now...

"Fine," she murmured.

“You sure?” John asked with a raised eyebrow. He watched CJ nuzzle Leo, and then look into his eyes. Leo nodded, as if they were communicating without words, and then turned to look at John, whose curiosity was beginning to make him itch. “Leo?”

Leo shook his head and held her tighter, stroking her back as she nuzzled him gently. "It's nothing, John," he said softly.

"It's nothing because nothing is wrong with me," CJ said softly.

“I know there’s nothing wrong with you,” John leaned forward, setting his elbows on his knees and resting his head in his hands. “You two are making the kind of sense... that’s not making much sense at all.”

“Sorry,” CJ sighed.

“Don’t be sorry.”

"I'm just... feeling a little sad," CJ said with a shrug. "And I want nothing more than to just curl up under a warm blanket and sleep. But I'd rather be held. Y'know?"

"John, maybe you can come over here?" Leo suggested, gesturing to CJ's other side.

He couldn’t fight the smile that was forming on his lips. “Sure, if there’s room for me.”

CJ nodded and hummed softly. Leo smiled and said, “I think so.”

When John slid in next to CJ, she sighed and adjusted her position so both men could cradle her. He wrapped an arm around her, letting it rest on her stomach, while his fingers moved a little over her shirt. She shivered, making both John and Leo smirk.

"Mommy, Mommy!" Carrie shouted, running in. She stopped and stared at them. "Mommy, why is Mr. John hugging you?"

"Shhh..." Leo whispered, putting his finger to his lips. "Mommy doesn't feel good, baby."

“Her head again?”

Leo nodded. Carrie frowned. “Is Mr. John a doctor, too?”

John chuckled. “No, sweetheart, I wish I was though. I’d fix her head if I could.”

"I'm okay," CJ whispered, reaching for Carrie. "C'mere, baby..." She pulled her daughter into her lap and hugged her tightly. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Mommy," Carrie whispered. "Why does your head hurt?"

"Because I have something bad in my head, honey," CJ whispered. "And it can't come out."

Carrie kissed her mother’s forehead. CJ smiled at her and said: “What was that for?”

“I kissed it and made it better.”

CJ hugged her again. “Thanks, Baby. I think it’s starting to feel better already. You wanna go for a swim?”

“But, you don’t like the pool.”

“As long as you guys don’t throw me in again,” she responded. “I think I can try it again.”

Carrie smiled at her. "Okay -- I'll go get my swimmies on, Mommy!" She slid off CJ's lap and bounded out of the room.

"I'm going to go get changed," CJ commented softly. "If either of you want to come for a swim, you'd better get ready, too."

John smiled. “Sounds like a good idea, but I should probably start getting supper ready.”

“Ahh,” CJ groaned. “You’re no fun.” She looked over at her husband. “What about you?”

“I think I’d enjoy a little swim.” He kissed her and said. “I’ll go get changed, and get the munchkin while you get ready.”

"Okay," CJ said softly, reaching over to stroke his cheek, a tiny smile on her lips. She got up and left the room quickly.

"Leo, what's going on?" John asked.

"Nothing," Leo said, getting up and following CJ out.

~*~

CJ, wet and giggling in her black string bikini, came back into the house and said, "John, please tell me you have something for me to drink that isn't water?"

He smiled. “I have lots of things that you can drink. What would you like?”

“A glass of wine, preferably, but if you don’t have any, I’ll settle for some sort of juice.”

"Juice it is," John said. "Even with you coming, I can't stand the temptation." He got a glass from the cupboard and turned to the fridge. "I hope spaghetti is all right..."

"It sounds wonderful," CJ said as he handed her the glass. "You've got something on your eyebrow," she commented, reaching up to knock it off. "Onion. Really, John, didn't your mother never tell you not to play with your food?" She teased.

John grabbed her hand as it descended, and he brought it to his lips.

She sighed softly, feeling the pleasure in his touch, and knowing what it meant to both of them. “Thank you,” he spoke softly, still holding onto her hand, his lips brushing over her knuckles.

“For?” She croaked out.

"Onion. Eyebrow. I was wondering why my eyes were watering so badly," he commented with a wry smile.

"Oh," she whispered.

He let go of her hand and said, "Any time you want to tell me what's really going on would be good for me."

She blinked at him, her mind obviously going a thousand miles an hour as she tried to formulate something to say.

Instead of pushing her, he wrapped his arms around her and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. She brought her hands up to his shoulders and took a deep breath. He waited, but when no words came out, he smiled, kissed her again, and turned back to preparing the meal.

"I don't know... if I can explain it," CJ said softly, making him turn to face her. "It took weeks to explain it to Leo and even now... he doesn't understand enough."

"I'm a fast learner," John said.

She took a deep breath and nodded. "Tonight. After Carrie's gone to bed. We'll talk -- I promise," she said, reaching out to touch his arm.

He brought his other hand over hers and squeezed. “Sounds good.”

As if sensing that they needed a change in pace, Carrie came bouncing in, wrapped up in a towel. “Mommy! C’mon!”

“Baby, I told you, I was thirsty.”

“Yeah, but we haven’t finished playing Marco Polo!”

John smirked. “Marco Polo?”

“You know, the game where Marco runs around like a fool with her eyes closed, and Polo makes fun of her?”

He nodded. “Yes, I’m familiar with that game.”

She continued. “Well, we were playing it, and Leo and Carrie are doing great jobs being Polo.”

Carrie giggled. "Mommy fell off the diving board and got her nose full of water," she shrieked, bouncing.

"Go on back outside," CJ instructed, chuckling. "I'll be back out in a minute -- but you get to be Marco."

"I can't go out in the deep water, though," Carrie reminded her.

"Oh, go outside," CJ said, shooing her out.

Once alone again, John smiled as she finished her juice. He took the glass from her and put it inside the dishwasher. “You should get back to your game,” he spoke quietly.

“You wanna play?” She asked. “You can be Marco.”

He laughed. “Nope, you guys have fun though. Dinner will be ready in about an hour.”

She reached for him, letting her hand rest on his chest. He brought his hands over hers and held it there, content to feel that simple connection at the moment.

She smiled and said, "Look out the window once in a while."

"I will," he promised.

"You might get an eyeful," CJ said with a smirk. She gestured to herself, which was now covered in a towel, and unwound the towel to give him a glimpse of what lay beneath.

With a groan, he let his eyes take in what she was showing him. He was surprised to see her blush a little, but pleased at the same time. “And what an eyeful it is,” he replied in a low voice that told her how aroused he was.

She laughed and left the room, leaving him with his thoughts and the food.

About forty-five minutes later, the three came inside, dripping wet and laughing. "I'll take her upstairs," Leo said, scooping Carrie up in his arms and toting her out of the kitchen.

CJ came up and put her arms around John, hugging him tightly and pressing her wet body all along his. "You need to change now," she commented dryly. "That is, unless you want someone to think you were a little horny."

“I’m beyond a little horny, CJ,” he responded. Before he could control himself, he was tucking his face into her shoulder and inhaling deeply. “Geez, even after a swim, you still smell good.”

She laughed and rubbed up against him. “CJ...” he smirked and playfully swatted her ass. “Would you go get changed already?”

"Okay," she agreed. "But tonight, I'm going to wear a little something I packed for Leo."

John's head started to swim. "Oh really?" He replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Oh yeah," CJ purred.

“Can I... maybe have a hint, just so I’m prepared, so I can restrain myself?”

She shook her head. “Where’s the fun in that? I want to see your eyes bug out as well.”

He groaned. “You don’t have much time to get ready.”

"Oh, I'm going to wear something sensible to dinner," she promised, kissing his shoulder and hurrying off.

He had to admit that that much was true. She was dressed in something completely sensible for dinner. But the sultry looks she kept shooting his way were anything but sensible.

In fact, she kept both John and Leo on guard throughout the entire meal with suggestive movements and glances. John could barely sit still, let alone clear the plates when the meal was finally over.

Shortly after the meal, Carrie was sitting on one of the beanbag cushions, watching a movie, while the adults were curled up on the sofa, enjoying hot coffee.

CJ looked at both men, and smiled. “I think I should go get changed.”

“For bed, Mommy?”

She nodded. “Yep. You too, princess. Wanna come brush your teeth with me?”

"Yes, Mommy," Carrie said. "I'm tired -- you and daddy made me tired in the pool!" She accused.

"Yes, we did," CJ said, sharing a wink with Leo. "Now come on and let's get my little darling to bed."

John smiled. “Well, you guys go have fun. I’m just going to--”

“Don’t go anywhere,” CJ warned in a soft purr while Leo picked Carrie up off the floor and headed out of the room.

"Okay, I'll just... sit here..." John said to the empty room.

About twenty minutes later, CJ came back into the living room. He watched her come over, clad in a very sensible bathrobe, and then she sat down on the coffee table.

"Leo's reading to Carrie," CJ said softly. "I thought I would tell you... now..."

"CJ?" He whispered.

"I have a tumor," she said quietly. "In my brain. They don't know if it's going to get bigger or not, but it causes the most excruciating headaches."

He sat up, his heart pounding so much faster, as her words sank in. Without thinking, he grabbed her hands and squeezed them. “I... I didn’t know. I’m--”

“Don’t apologize. And, I didn’t know either until a couple years ago. And,” she added when she saw his mouth open. “No, they can’t remove it.”

“But--”

“They’ve told me about people living perfectly healthy lives like this.”

“But, your headaches...” he frowned and leaned even more forward to kiss her forehead. “Can you take anything for them?”

“Leo wants me to go and get them checked out again, but I don’t...”

"You're tired of being poked and fussed over?" John suggested mildly.

"Exactly," she said softly. She reached out and smiled. "I guess that's why I wanted to come here. I wanted to see you again, just in case -- in case something happens. Y'know?"

John leaned back and opened his arms. “C’m’ere.” Without another word, CJ crawled into his lap, her legs draped over one side of him, her arms wrapped around his neck. “Nothing’s going to happen to you. You’re too strong for that.”

She smiled and pressed her face into his neck, breathing deeply. "Maybe," she whispered, closing her eyes.

He held her for a long time, just like that, until she felt Leo sliding under her legs and gently stroking his way up her leg. "DId you tell him?" Leo asked softly.

She nodded. “Yep.”

“It explains a bit,” John spoke next, loosening his hold a little to wrap an arm around Leo’s shoulders loosely.

CJ lifted her head and looked at her husband. “Is she sleeping?”

“You know how that book knocks her out.”

“No fail,” CJ smiled. "John's a little horny," CJ said, patting his thigh. "So how about I just take off my robe and --" She untied the robe and let it slide off her shoulders.

John gasped and groaned when he found out that there hadn't been a stitch of anything beneath the robe.

Leo’s jaw had dropped, too, making her smile. John tried to speak: “Ahh, CJ...” He struggled, cleared his throat, and tried again. “Well, wow.”

“I told you,” she grinned.

“So this is what you packed for Leo?”

She nodded and smiled. "I packed myself all nice and neatly and even sat like a good girl on the plane," she teased softly.

John laughed softly. “Well, isn’t that nice. How about we move this into a more private room?”

“Don’t like the sofa?”

“I do like this sofa,” he replied. “But, I don’t think there’s enough room for us, and I really don’t think it’s the safest location.”

"If you wish," CJ whispered, smirking.

"Don't use that tone with me," John groaned.

"Which one?" She asked innocently.

"The one -- the I want to fuck you one," Leo supplied.

John smiled at Leo. “Thanks.” He turned to CJ. “That tone.” She pouted, but he put a finger to her lips, which made her smirk. “Now, let’s pack you back up, and you can pick which room, and go there like a good--” CJ had opened her mouth and pulled John’s finger inside her, swirling her tongue over it, reminding him of how good she was with her mouth, in case he needed a reminder. “Good, god, CJ.”

"Your bedroom, cowboy, and make it fast," she purred. "Leo, you'd better hurry along for the ride, or it's going to be a mighty short night."

While CJ wrapped herself back up in her robe, John glanced at Leo. “She’s going to kill us, isn’t she?”

“Perhaps,” Leo muttered with a grin, too excited to say much more.

CJ was standing, and moving to the hall. “If you two don’t hurry up,” she hissed. “I might just have to take care of things myself.”

"God forbid," John groaned, hurrying after her at almost a sprint as she ran down the hall. She shrieked and giggled when he caught her around the waist and tossed her over his shoulder.

Leo was behind him, his pace quickening so he could keep up. When John walked into his bedroom, Leo turned the lights on, and shut and locked the door. John deposited CJ onto the bed, and stood back to admire her.

“What?” She asked, confused.

“Damn,” he smiled and shook his head. “You’re too sexy.”

“Well, quit admiring me and both of you get down here with me!”

Leo didn't need telling twice -- he pounced on her, showering her with kisses.

"Mmm..." CJ moaned. "Thanks, but you had a go earlier, babe -- let John have a turn."

John grinned. “So that’s why there was no hot water earlier.”

“Oh, get down here,” she responded, moving so she was snuggled into Leo’s body, but giving John plenty of room.

John came down, and kissed her softly on the lips. "You were honest with me," he said, "and for that, I owe you much happiness."

"If you give me that much happiness," CJ pointed out, "we may never leave."

“That’s a wonderful idea,” he replied. “There’s plenty of room here for you two and Carrie.”

At that, CJ gasped, and John took advantage, kissing her deeply and passionately, showing her how much he needed her. While John’s hands were well behaved, Leo’s were anything but, and when she pulled back for air, she could feel herself trembling with desire.

She moaned when John kissed her, and arched when Leo's mouth trailed down her stomach. It was so much easier now -- like playing with a well-worn pair of shoes. They fit so well together now, and the need and desire was mutual all the way around.

John broke from her lips and kissed along her neck. When he returned to her cheek, he found it damp. “CJ?”

“Happy tears.”

“You sure?”

She nodded, and leaned up for another kiss. She didn’t want to stop feeling the way they made her feel.

"Oh baby," Leo whispered softly, reaching up to stroke away her tears. "We'll just have to work on that, won't we? No more tears at all."

"Laudable --" John began, but CJ groaned.

"Can you two pay a little less attention to the saltwater on my face and a little more attention to me?" She whined.

John smirked at Leo and then dipped his head to her neck, beginning a trail of light kisses that circled her breasts. Leo, returned to his exploration of her stomach, keeping a hand on John the entire time to connect them.

CJ sighed and struggled to keep breathing. At first she had a hand on each of them, but as they continued their torture, they ended up balled up in the comforter.

Her breath came hard and fast as she felt herself climbing higher and higher, reaching for heights of ecstasy she had never before reached.

Leo’s fingers slipped lower, and she bit down on her lip to keep herself from crying out. She moaned, writhing underneath them, until the point when she couldn’t take it anymore. As her orgasm came crashing through her system, she stiffened and sighed; as it faded away, she relaxed, looking down at both men through hazy eyes.

"I missed that," John whispered with a smile.

"Missed... what?" She murmured.

"Watching you come," he replied, leaning down to kiss her ever so tenderly on the lips. "Damn, but I've missed you both."

Leo smiled, his voice as thick with emotion as John’s. “Well, we’re here now.”

“And that’s what matters,” John agreed, lifting his head to gaze upon the other man.

CJ leaned up and kissed John’s cheek. “Go ahead, you know you want to.”

"I've been trying to restrain myself," John said firmly.

"So don't," CJ whispered, turning his face back towards Leo's. "You two never did get very far past the friendly hand job."

“Hey, now,” Leo croaked. “We did get a bit farther than a hand job.”

“True,” CJ said as she thought back. “Very true.”

"And if I remember correctly," John added, "there was the promise of even more hanging in the air..."

"Oh, wow," CJ breathed, sitting up on her elbows and looking between them. "You two are serious about this..."

"Too many years of phone sex," Leo informed her.

CJ’s eyes widened. “So, that’s what was with all of the late night phone calls. I wondered about them all being about work.”

“Some of them were,” he admitted. “Are you... mad?”

“Mad, no,” she smiled. “Surprised, yes. Turned on, definitely yes.”

"Oh, thank god for small favors," Leo breathed.

"I probably would've been mad if you had told me then," she added with a grin.

"Probably," John agreed. "Considering how incredibly graphic we got."

Her smile grew and she felt her stomach tighten. “And how graphic did you two get?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” Leo teased as he caressed her side.

“Actually, yes, I would.”

"Oh really?" Leo asked with a smirk.

"Really," she purred. "Or, better yet, you could show me."

"She's adventurous," John commented.

"Living vicariously through a man's dick," Leo muttered.

John chuckled, and after kissing CJ, he turned his head and looked at Leo, who seemed content to gaze back at him. He seemed that way until John reached over and rubbed his face with his hand. Then, Leo leaned across his wife and kissed John without warning.

CJ blinked but wasn't surprised as her husband tried to suck John's lips off of his face. Repression did that to a man -- made him desperate and twisted with lust.

She adjusted her position, giving both men better access to what they needed. John’s hands roamed over Leo’s still-clothed body, and lifted his head, panting for much-needed air. He smirked, and looked up at CJ, who smiled and nodded, encouraging both of them.

“We’re a little overdressed,” John remarked.

"Just a little," Leo admitted.

"Want me to move?" CJ asked softly.

"No -- no, just stay right there," Leo said firmly.

John agreed with a nod, and then he suggested: “On the count of three, we take it all off, fastest man gets a prize.”

CJ grinned. Leo raised an eyebrow. “And what would the prize be?”

“Your choice.”

“Dangerous words.”

John shrugged. “I like to live dangerously.”

"Apparently, you both do," CJ commented dryly.

"One... two..." John was naked before he even said three.

"You cheated!" Leo bellowed.

"I won, though," John said with a smirk.

“Cheater,” Leo muttered, crossing his arms after he was undressed.

John started to crawl up to him. “And, now, I want my prize.” Leo gulped and watched the man, fascinated with how he moved. This was different than their other encounters, and he knew it. He could feel it.

“What kind of prize do you want?”

John smirked. "I actually want you to choose my prize, Leo. I want you. But how? Your choice entirely."

CJ inhaled sharply.

Leo bit his lip and closed his eyes as John teased him with his hands. He ran his fingers over his chest, continued low over his stomach, and proceeded lower over his hips and to Leo’s erection. He made the fair man twitch and sigh with his light caresses.

When John’s fingers trailed a little lower, Leo gasped and opened his eyes. John smirked. “Your choice, Leo. Are you gonna make your mind up, or let me test them all out first?”

"Whatever you want most," Leo finally said, arching up into John's hands with a moan of pleasure.

“I can’t decide,” John purred, as he brought his mouth down onto Leo’s chest, feasting hungrily on his flesh. “So many things I want to do...”

Leo groaned as John’s mouth skimmed over his throat, over his chin, to connect with his lips.

"There's plenty of time," CJ whispered, leaning over to stroke her husband's arm suggestively.

"I hadn't thought of that," John said with a smirk.

CJ wrapped an arm around John and kissed his bare shoulder. “So, let’s relax a while.”

He turned and grinned at her. “And if I don’t want to relax?”

"Then you're a crazy man with way too much stamina for us old fogies," CJ teased, reaching down to stroke his stomach.

"You aren't old," John contradicted.

He grabbed her hand and held it in his for a moment, before bringing it to his lips for a quick kiss. She rolled her eyes. “I most certainly am old,” she assured him.

“Oh, no, you’re not,” he pushed, using his fingers to trace along the underside of her breast. She arched into him and sighed. He grinned at Leo. “I love that she’s so responsive.”

"You and me both," Leo agreed with a dirty grin. He came over and kissed his way down her stomach, making her moan and writhe a little beneath his lips.

"Oh god, stop torturing me," CJ groaned.

Before covering her mouth with his, John whispered. “But, we have so much fun doing it.”

Her back arched and she sucked hard on John's tongue when Leo found the spot on her inner thigh that made her shake and whimper with desire.

John smiled into the kiss, breaking only when CJ yelped. He glanced down and saw Leo grinning up at him.

“God, Leo!” CJ hissed. “Just...” John watched Leo dip his head and continue toying with her. “Oh, geez...”

He turned his head and paused to stare at CJ; her face was twisted, as she struggled for control.

John had to grab her hands to keep her from grabbing for Leo, and he pressed tender kisses to her knuckles, watching her eyes roll back in her head.

"Damn you both," she whispered.

While keeping her hands secured, he moved his mouth over her neck, knowing exactly where to move his mouth to keep her moaning. She started to tremble, and he lifted his head. “Don’t forget to breath,” he reminded her, before nipping at her earlobe. She gasped, and squirmed.

She inhaled sharply when Leo's mouth was replaced with his fingers, gently stroking her thigh. She started to shake, but John held her tightly.

He brushed along the skin of her shoulders gently, just caressing her because he didn’t think she could handle anymore pleasure. She whimpered, the sound slowly getting louder, until she buried her face into John’s chest, and cried out, her entire body on fire.

Leo slid up her body, and rested on her other side, almost underneath her. When she turned to look at them, her face was glowing, and her eyes were dark and shining.

"I'm so gonna get you for that," she whispered when she could speak again.

"Please do," Leo said with a smirk.

"I will make you cry," she promised.

"Do you promise?" Leo asked with a big grin.

“Oh, yes,” she nodded. She shot a serious look at John, and said. “I’m getting you back, too, Mister.”

He pretended to sound innocent. “What did I do?”

“Conspired with this guy,” she said, motioning towards Leo.

"I did not," John said indignantly. "Words were not exchanged and --"

"Oh, I'm going to get you," CJ growled, sliding down his body.

John groaned before her mouth made connection with his skin, in anticipation of her assault on him. “CJ, please... can we talk about this rationally?”

“Ha!” She grinned up at him, trailing down his stomach with soft, wet kisses.

"Ha is... never good..." John groaned.

"Ha is good for me," CJ purred, sliding further down and caressing his cock with her fingers, making him grunt and lurch into her hand.

Leo kissed John while CJ was making good on her threat. John groaned softly, and returned the embrace. He jumped when CJ hit a particularly sensitive spot along the inside of his thigh, relaxing only when she moved beyond it. Leo chuckled, but didn’t say a word.

John bucked and Leo swallowed a yelp, and Leo knew that CJ's lips and tongue had found their mark. Leo kissed John harder, more hungrily, devouring his desire and demanding more in return.

The kisses weren’t disappointing; Leo found himself falling into a dark, deep spiral of desire, desire for both of them, that he couldn’t control. He ran his hands through John’s hair and down his neck, to rest on his shoulders. As CJ made him cry out and growl, Leo offered him stability.

She pulled back and smiled up at her tormented lover. "So, John, how was your day?" She asked mildly. She had stopped just before the point of no return, and was planning on making him wait it out.

John looked down at her and when he rolled his eyes, he muttered: “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“No, I’m really not.”

“CJ...” he looked to Leo for help, but CJ had already gotten to him, and was stroking his erection, rendering him useless.

Leo groaned and looked helplessly at John, his hazel eyes growing wider with the knowledge that he was going to end up in the same boat as his hapless friend, but somehow, it didn't matter as much since he'd been in the hot seat before and would continue to wind up there for a long time coming.

“So,” she purred. “How was your day, John?”

“You’re sucking the fun right out of this,” he muttered under his shallow breath. “My day was wonderful, darling, and yours?”

She cocked her head and looked up at him. “What did you say?”

“My day was wonderful, darling, and yours?”

“No, before that.”

“Oh, nothing,” he managed a shaky smile. “Just the mutterings of a crazy man with way too much stamina. You know.”

"Ah," she murmured with a smile. "It is one of those nights, isn't it dear heart?" She inquired of her brilliantly incapacitated husband, whose face was turning bright red as he struggled not to disappoint her too much.

"Yeah," Leo grunted, suddenly relaxing as all of his tension was released.

CJ sighed and rolled her eyes. "We have got to work on that," she muttered.

“Well,” Leo insisted after he stopped shaking. “It’s not exactly something I can control.”

“Don’t blame this on me,” she wagged a finger at him. John sucked his breath in as he realized she was focusing on him again.

Leo protested. “I’m not! I’m just saying... there are some things out of my control.”

"Yeah, I can tell," CJ said, turning her attention back to Leo for a long moment, where a flash of tension dissolved into good-natured smiles as if she had merely been teasing him, not insulting his manhood.

But then her attention was back on John. And the predatory gleam in her eyes bespoke of a thousand ways she wanted to make him cry out for the pleasure of it all.

“Hey, John?”

He struggled with words. The way she was looking at him made his heart stop and his mouth go dry. “Ahh... yes, CJ?”

She grinned and winked at him, making him groan as she descended. He gasped loudly when her mouth made connection with his burning flesh.

She laved his erection with affection and soft kisses that made him wiggle and exclaim softly in bliss as stars swam before his eyes, begging him to come closer and touch them.

In her ears she could hear his gasps and sighs and moans as she pushed him closer and closer to the edge. Beyond that, she heard Leo get up and pick up some clothes, but that didn’t stop her from driving John crazy.

“You two have fun,” he whispered. “I’m going to get us some water.”

John replied with a strangled croak, and CJ smiled; torturing him was so much fun.

He finally lost it and exploded in a brilliant display of passionate pyrotechnics that made her wish that she could keep him forever and ever and call him George and love him and pet him and --

"God, CJ," John groaned.

“Liked that?”

He pulled her up and held her against him. “You’ll kill me. You just... wow.”

She grinned. “I like wow.”

“Me, too,” he chuckled. He lifted his eyes when the door opened, and Leo walked through it, carrying three bottles of water. He locked the door, and shrugged out of his shirt and shorts, handing them the water.

"Did you check on Carrie?" CJ asked softly.

"Out like a light," Leo said with a smile. He ruffled her hair and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

“Good,” she smiled. She sipped her water. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he smiled back. On a sigh, he whispered, “So...”

She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. “Sooo...?”

"So... now that you're loosening up again --"

"No, Leo, we can't move in with John," CJ said softly. "We can't disrupt him like that."

He looked at her. “How did you know that was what I was going to bring up?”

She smiled smugly. “I can read your mind like you wouldn’t believe.”

Leo chuckled. “Somehow that doesn’t surprise me.”

John, contemplating what was going on around him while he drank his water, had decided to speak up. “Why can’t you disrupt me like that? It’s not like I’m doing anything too exciting with my life.”

CJ turned. “Well, you do the horse thing, and--”

“I can do that just fine. You two will have things to do, too.”

"And Carrie's going to start school soon," Leo pointed out.

"Oh, you two had this all planned, did you?" She shot back.

Leo shrugged. John bit his lip, and then decided to confess. “Well, we talked about it a few times.”

“So,” she looked at Leo. “You totally cooked this entire thing up, without even once thinking about mentioning it to me?”

"You hate the house," Leo said lamely. "You've never liked it."

"I know, but still!" CJ exclaimed, her brows drawing together into a worrying line.

John kissed her shoulder. “We’re sorry. We should’ve included you.”

“Yes!” She nodded, brows still furrowed. “You should’ve!”

"We can rent out the house," Leo said softly. "Make a profit from some stupid first-time congressperson..."

"You're mean," CJ said, poking him in the gut.

He smirked. “They’ve all gotta pay their dues somehow.”

She shrugged. “I guess. But, work, and stuff...”

"Yeah, well, I'm not working, remember?" Leo said in disgust.

"I am," she said softly.

"You don't need to."

She turned to John. “Well, maybe I want to be? Maybe I want to work, to keep busy, to feel important, and stuff.”

“And stuff?”

She nodded. “I would like to be able to support myself, you know.”

"You're not divorcing me are you?" Leo asked in alarm.

"No, but if something happens to you --"

"If something happens to me, there's about $30 million in the bank!" Leo exclaimed.

She shrunk into the pillows a bit. “I just don’t want to feel useless.”

“You’re hardly useless.”

“So what,” she looked back at John. “I’m just supposed to lounge at home and be your sex kitten?”

John smirked. “Well, as much as I would like that,” when CJ smacked his chest in annoyance, he continued: “Why don’t you get involved in an important cause, or something?”

Her lips pursed together, and she said, "Like what? Cowgirls for birth control?"

The absurdity of her statement caught both Leo and John off-guard and they burst into laughter.

CJ looked at both of them and cried out. “I’m trying to be serious! No one ever takes me seriously! Ever!”

“That’s not true,” John stated once he regained control of his laughter. “There are other causes to get involved in. Students, women... it doesn’t have to be horse- or cow-related in any way.” After a beat, he suggested: “Why don’t we take a look around town tomorrow?”

"I wanted to stay in bed tomorrow," CJ said with a suggestive glance. "But, if you want to go out..."

"I think I can stand that," John said with a grin. "We'll go out to lunch, do some shopping, and then look around for something for you to do."

She kissed him lightly on the lips. As a thought crossed her mind, she frowned. “How are you going to explain us living in your house?”

He shrugged. “Good friends, or family, because you might as well be, or... sex slaves?”

CJ raised her eyebrows. “Might not go over too smoothly.”

“CJ,” he brushed her cheek. “I really don’t care what anyone thinks. I love you and Leo, and your daughter very much, and I want this.”

CJ swallowed hard and nodded. "I know," she whispered.

"Maybe we should get some sleep," Leo suggested softly.

"Yes, but who where?" CJ asked cautiously. "You and John have just as much connection as I have to either of you."

John smiled sadly. Having them across the country would pose problems, but so would having them with him. He just had to believe that the problems they would encounter together would be easier to deal with.

Leo finally found a reasonable solution. “John, you’ve got an alarm in here, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, we’ll set it early, and then move around.”

CJ sighed. “Poor Carrie.”

“What’s there to pity?” Leo asked. “She’s got a circle of people who love her very much.”

“True...” She looked at both of them and smiled. “I love you two very much.”

Leo kissed her slowly and thoroughly, making her moan in appreciation. As she recovered for air, John kissed her jaw before capturing her lips. When he finished, she fell back against the pillows, her cheeks flushed and lips very swollen.

When morning came, they would confront the world face-to-face for the first time in forever.

The End!

back to fic index