Platypus 26: Bump and Grind

Catherine looked up at Gil with dark eyes. “We really needed this,” she said between light kisses. “Thank you.”

Gil wrapped his arms around her bare form and held her to the bed. Their relationship was straining both of them; between work, their separate private lives, and their combined private life, they were working overtime. Gil knew Catherine was a little insecure about how Sara kept making schoolgirl eyes at him, and he hated to admit it, but between Eddie and Warrick, he found a jealous moment every once and a while. He knew things were over with Eddie, for good, but he was a part of her life, and he knew nothing was going on with Warrick, but they were so close. The green eyed monster always knew how to get a hold of him.

“You’re welcome,” he kissed the top of her head. Even though they were still on call, he knew how much this meant to her. The room in the Devon Hotel looked like a hurricane had breezed through it; it smelled of sex. Gil felt a strange tingling of pride, knowing that he had helped make that mess, and that Catherine was the woman that had helped him. He smiled at her. “We did really need to get away, didn’t we?”

She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down on top of her as she rolled over a little. “Uh huh,” she nodded, before licking his lips and stealing an unchaste kiss from them.

“Your appetite has gotten bigger,” he commented, sliding a little down her form to lavish attention to her breasts.

She laughed softly, gasping when he licked the underside of her right breast. “I’m addicted.”

“To sex?”

His question made her laugh more. He propped himself up on his elbows and looked at her. “No, silly, to you...” She smirked. “To love, too—”

He groaned. “Don’t start singing.”

She pouted. “You don’t like my singing?”

“Oh, Cath,” he smiled up at her. “I love your singing. I love everything about you.”

Her smile returned. He loved how her eyes sparkled when he said the right things. Her love shone so obviously at the surface, and he knew it was for him.

He reached up and kissed her. His tongue slipped past her open lips when she sighed. This was the sweet love making that he burned for. Not that he didn’t love their adventurous romps—they made him feel young again. The moments, though, when they were just themselves were what he loved the most.

Gil’s hands roamed the parts of her body he could easily reach; he felt her hands knead his back, pushing him into her. He chuckled into her mouth, but pulled away to roll them over again. He loved it when Catherine was on top; that’s where she was happiest, and she looked even more amazing from there, too.

“Goodie,” she grinned, pleased with his positioning decision, showering his chest with feather-light kisses before easing down onto him. He watched her lift her arms over her head before putting them on the headboard for stability. She rocked her hips to meet his rolling thrusts.

He kept his eyes comfortably with hers, as they were so accustomed to doing, while they pushed each other faster and harder.

And, then, their pagers started beeping.

She chuckled. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

He groaned softly, dropping one hand from her body to pick his beeper up off the table. “Cath... you won’t believe this...”

“Ahhh,” she said after licking her lips and moaning. “This had better be good, Gil.”

“There’s a death imminent... in this hotel.”

It was as though she had slammed her brakes on; she virtually skidded to a halt. She sighed. “We sure know how to pick a hotel.” He gave her a sad smile and reached for her phone, since his was out of his arm’s reach. “Want me to—”

He cut her off, putting a hand on her stomach, shaking his head. He didn’t want their night to end; he intended to find out if he could pass it off on the others. “Just let me call Warrick and see what’s going on.”

“Okay.” Catherine accepted that. She dropped her arms, resting her hands on his chest. While he dialed Warrick’s number, she splayed her fingers out; he sighed softly, and tried to give her a stern look.

“Brown.”

“Hello, Warrick, it’s Grissom.”

“Hey, Boss. You two got page?”

He met Catherine’s eyes and saw the devilish look in the blue depths. He knew he was in trouble. “How did you...?”

“You’re calling with her phone. I check the display before I answer a call,” he chuckled. “Where are you?”

Catherine rolled her hips a little. Gil’s instincts kicked in; his hips flexed up before he could control himself. He did, though, get a handle eventually—after a long, drawn out breath. “We’re at the Devon.”

“So you have a scanner or something?”

Not getting the reaction she wanted from him, Catherine started sliding slowly up and down his length. Gil glared at her in frustration and surprise, which made her chuckle. “Actually, we were... spending some time together.”

“Ohh. Damn. I’m sorry.” Gil could hear the apologetic tone, and knew the younger man meant it. “I’m in the middle of preparing for court, and Nick’s at home and he needs someone to pick him up. Sara’s already on her way over there.”

Gil gasped as Catherine bent over and started lavishing attention to his nipples. Timing was not good. “Did you, ahhh, talk to Nick already?”

“Yeah. Can one of you go get him?”

“Su—” he paused for a quick breath as Catherine bit down and started sucking, more insistent than usual. “—re. I’ll send Cath.”

“Great. Sara left about three minutes ago.”

Gil was about to say good-bye, but the phone was taken from him. Catherine said good-bye for him, and hung it up. “My phone, my rules,” she grinned, stealing a kiss from his open mouth.

“Cath, we can’t.” She shifted her weight, rocking back against him. The friction, the sensation of being sheathed in her, and the sight of her above him did him in. “Okay,” he admitted defeat. Gil knew he didn’t stand a chance when facing Catherine.

Her smile stretched. “Race you to the finish line.”

Those were the last words either of them managed to utter. The rest of the sounds heard in the room were skin on skin and sighs and moans. Their hands grabbed at each other, their mouths suckled at what they could catch.

And, when it was all over, Catherine collapsed against Gil’s chest as they waited for the fog to clear.

“We’ve got to go,” he kissed her cheek when she lifted her head to look at him. “You have to pick up Nick.”

“No afterglow in this job, is there?” She gave him a lopsided smile. He kissed her swollen lips and made an agreeing noise. She sighed and tucked her face into his neck. He could hear her inhale deeply, and after that, he wrapped his arms around her. “I don’t wanna go,” she murmured in his ear. “I know we have a job to do, but I don’t wanna go.” He squeezed her to him. “And if you don’t let go of me, I’ll never be able to leave.”

He chuckled. He didn’t want to go anymore than she did, but he knew that they did, as she said, had a job to do.

“Alright,” he kissed her temple. “You go get cleaned up, and get Nick. I’ll check us out, and meet Sara in the lobby.”

She nodded against his neck. “Give me one more... minute,” she told him. “And I’ll get up. I promise.”

~*~

“Never you mind,” she smiled while taking a tape lift of the white specks. She knew it wasn’t cocaine, and she wasn’t going to cite her source. With Gil it was different, since he knew about her old life. He didn’t know how she felt every time she saw traces of her old life, though, and she intended to keep it that way. She didn’t even like to admit to herself how she felt every time she saw that fine white powder. “Let’s just get this to trace.”

“You’re in a better mood, Catherine,” Nick smiled back at her as she tucked the tape into an envelope and into her case.

She nodded. When she had gone to pick Nick up, she had been in a lousy mood. Her evening with Gil had been ruined, and she had been looking forward to that night for so long. By accident, she had taken it out on Nick. “Yeah,” she sighed. “I’m sorry about earlier, Nicky.”

He smiled back at her. “It’s okay. You ever wanna talk or something—”

“Thanks,” she smiled, touched by his offer. “But, it’s okay. It’s just stress of the job.”

~*~

Gil turned around. “Oh, and Sara?”

“Hmm?”

He told her what he suspected she didn’t know: “Last hotel room nearest the stairwell: easy entry and egress for an intruder and if the victim fights back, fifty percent less chance of being heard.

“Rooms only on one side. Murder Central.”

He felt pride tugging at him as he turned and walked out of the room. In the hall, he saw Catherine, tucking a couple of envelopes away. “Hey,” he rushed to her. “How’d it go?”

“Won’t know until we process it,” she gave him a weak smile. He knew she wasn’t in the best of moods; he could sense it ever since she came back from getting Nick. “How’d it go for you?”

“Lots of semen,” he told her with a shrug. “Some bubbly, too.”

She frowned. “That was how our night was supposed to go, wasn’t it?” Before he could reach for her, she lifted a hand and started talking: “I know, I know. Job comes first. I just wish...”

“I know,” he touched her hand, their fingers weaving together. “Me, too.”

“You?” She pretended to look shocked. “A life away from the job... who’d a thunk, Gil.”

He shook his head and smiled. He kissed her forehead, and then said softly: “Look, after this is over, how about we go out?”

“On a date?”

He nodded. He knew how much these things meant to her. “Yeah. We’ll go dancing or something.”

Her worn expression changed into a huge smile. “Dancing? You’ll take me dancing?”

“I promise.”

“Any place I want?”

Gil knew better than to make promises like that with her, but he couldn’t turn her down. He loved her too much for that. “Any place you want. I promise.”

She grinned. “Can we seal it with a kiss?”

He let his arms wrap around her, while her essence wrapped around him. Their lips met in a sweet kiss that wasn’t enough for either of them. When he pulled back, she sighed: “I know, I know.”

“I love you.” Gil knew it wasn’t enough, but he knew it would help her get through this next case.

Catherine rewarded him with a quick kiss. “I love you, too.”

~*~

After he left Sara outside, Gil headed back into the building. In the safe and dark confines of his office, he saw Catherine at his desk, holding a wrapped box in her arms. She was looking at it, her eyebrows furrowed.

“Penny for your thoughts.”

She jumped. Obviously, she hadn’t heard him cross the threshold. “Geez, Gil. Don’t sneak up on me when I’m thinking.”

He smirked, his voice light. “I should’ve known when I saw the smoke.”

Catherine crossed the floor and slapped his arm. Gil, in reaction, pulled her to him and kissed him. “Someday, I’m going to get you.” She broke the kiss with a smile, and nudged her head towards the open door. “You might wanna close that.”

Gil took a step back. “What’s in the box?”

“A surprise, for you...” She bit her lip nervously. “I bought them on a whim, and now I’m not so sure you’re gonna like them. In fact, you might kill me, but—”

In her rambling, he made his way to the box. After opening it, he saw leather. After picking the leather up, he saw that it was a pair of pants.

He looked at her, unsure. “You want me to wear leather pants?”

She nodded. “I did... I had this image of us dancing in a club,” she walked back to him and wrapped an arm around his neck so she could press her body to his. “Your amazing assets in leather,” he saw the desire in her face, and knew that some time he would be trying those pants on. He just didn’t know if he could wear them in public. “It was an impulse. I couldn’t help it.”

“Cath, it’s an expensive impulse.”

“Outlet... it wasn’t too bad,” she reasoned, almost looking like she felt guilty for buying them. Then, the look disappeared, and she smiled: “You can always just make it up to me by keeping my glass refilled all night.” She looked down at them. “Could you just... try them on?”

He wagged a finger at her. “The things I do for you...”

Catherine’s laughter filled the room.

~*~

The loud music wasn’t his style, but he knew he’d make it his style to watch and feel Catherine move to the beat it made. Her arms were around his neck, while his held her at her hips. Their bodies were molded together, their eyes connected by a force no one could break.

She dipped, while her arms slid down so her hands could rest in the back pockets of the leather pants. She squeezed him. “Thanks, Gil.”

He dipped forward and kissed her. “I feel like an oaf,” he admitted. “But, it’s fun.”

Catherine tossed her head back, while she moved her hips against his. He was catching on; he had an excellent teacher. When she lifted her hands above her head, accentuating some of the music, he watched the lean lines her body made and felt the blood in his body collect below his waist.

His hands slid along her ribcage and up her arms until they linked with her hands. Together, they brought their hands down, fingers intertwined. She looked exquisite, and very happy.

The music slowed, and her expression changed. Her eyes got darker, her mouth opened a little. Together, with some difficulty on his behalf, they slowed their dancing down. The heavy bass guided them, while their hips moved together. He brought his hands around her waist again, while hers rested on his chest.

“You’re beautiful,” he mused out loud. She blushed and was about to say something, but he stopped her with a kiss. “I don’t say it nearly enough.”

She put a finger to his lips. He kissed it. “Gil, you know, you’ve worn those pants long enough.” The words sounded too good to be true. “Wanna go home and get out of them?”

“I’ll get the car, you wanna grab our coats?”

She pretended to look upset. “Hey... you’re supposed to say ‘you know, Cath, honey, I really love the way these pants feel; how about I wear them around the house when we get back?’”

He smiled, showering her with light kisses until she smiled back. “You know, I was thinking about wearing these around on my day off, now that you mention it.”

Catherine pulled back, and dragged him with her. “Car, coats,” she explained. He laughed and followed her.

The End!

back to series index