Platypus 1: King Kong on Cocaine

Gil looked up when he saw his favorite strawberry blonde walk into his office. “Good work today, Cath.”

She smiled sadly. “I know. I just wish...”

“You’re not responsible. You didn’t make her stick with it...”

She sat down on his sofa, looking at him from across the room; he could see the pain flashing at him in her blue eyes. “King Kong on Cocaine,” she sighed. “That’s what I told her you feel like when she’d solve her first case...” she trailed off, dropping her eyes. “I made the job sound exciting... I...”

Before talking, he moved from behind his desk and sat down next to her. “You can’t take responsibility for this all on your own.”

“No?”

He smiled at her, his eyes finding hers. He knew he could get pulled in, he sensed he already was. But, the thought of ruining their friendship kept him from letting the tether she unknowingly created from dragging him to an emotional death. “No. You can’t. You couldn’t have prevented her death, Catherine,” he tried to touch her hand, but she flinched. He wondered why she moved so quickly; contact between them had always been acceptable. “You caught her killer, and he’s going to jail to pay for what he’s done. Justice, Cath.” His smile widened. “How did that feel?”

She conceded a tiny smile. “I know.”

“Think about that. It will help.”

“It better,” she said, while stifling a yawn. “I’m exhausted though. I think I’m going to go home, see my daughter, and drown my troubles in a foot bath and a glass of red wine.”

Gil chuckled. “Sit back.”

“What?” She looked at him, arching an eyebrow in question. “Gil?”

He explained himself. “Lean back against the arm of the sofa. Take your shoes off. Trust me in your hands.” She giggled nervously as she obliged, sliding back while slipping out of her shoes. He scooted closer, until her calves were resting on his leg closest to her. He picked up one pantyhose-encased feet, and caressed it with his careful hands.

She sighed, closing her eyes, resting her head against the sofa back. “I don’t know if you know how good this feels.” He chuckled, but didn’t say anything; he used his fingers to kneed the muscles in her arches, and then her toes. “Seriously...” her words were bitten off by a low moan when Gil found a sensitive spot under her baby toe in her left foot. “Oh, goodness, Gil.”

He smirked. “If people stop by outside the door, they’re going to wonder what we’re doing.”

“You’re giving me a foot massage,” she managed to reason. “However, everyone’s gone home. Nobody here but us, from our shift.”

“Good,” he kept chuckling. “Didn’t know you were so vocal.”

Her eyes popped open, as she realized the implications of his words. “I’m not! Not like that.”

“Like what?”

He watched her blush. “In bed. I’m not very vocal.”

“Why not?”

Her eyes popped open. “Gil Grissom, I don’t know if these are appropriate questions for a boss to be asking his employee.”

“C’mon, Cath,” he grinned, “You know we’re more than that.”

“Yeah, I know,” she fell back again. “If you keep doing that, I’ll be putty in your hands.”

“Why not, Cath?”

She groaned when he rubbed her baby toe. He looked down and smiled; even her tiniest of toenails was painted a deep burgundy. “I don’t know, Gil... I’ve never felt the need to be loud. Sometimes a sigh says more than a moan or yelp or—” she stopped talking. “We’re not discussing this.”

“Alright,” he looked up from his work to look into her eyes. “What did you want to talk about?”

“I don’t know,” she said on a sigh, closing her eyes and breaking their contact.

“Do you feel any better?”

She nodded. “You can stop now, if you want. I think I might be able to recover and make it out to my car.”

He stopped rubbing her feet, but didn’t remove his hands from them. “Well, King Kong, you’re stronger than you think.”

She smiled wryly. “I don’t like your new nickname.”

“If the shoe fits...”

“Gil...” She sat up, and slid across the sofa; her arms clutching his. “You think I resemble King Kong?” When he didn’t answer right away, because he was trying to find the right words while this amazingly beautiful woman sat so close. “Gil? I’m not big and... furry, am I?”

He made himself turn to look at her. “Of course not.”

“Thanks.”

“Well...” he added, his eyes sparkling. “I don’t exactly know if you’re furry everywhere, but from what I can see, you don’t seem to be.”

“I’m not a large gorilla,” she defended herself. He chuckled softly, stopping when she made him look at her by slipping a hand under his chin to pull his face in her direction. “I’m not.”

They were too close. He had always had feelings for her, but knew he couldn’t get involved with her. It wasn’t meant to be. He had to find some way to make her back off.

“Are you on cocaine?”

She had been leaning towards him, but stopped and retreated when he asked that question. “You think I’m on cocaine?”

“Well, if you weren’t King Kong on cocaine, then I could rule that out and decrease the observation to just King Kong.” She slapped his shoulder playfully. “Cath, you know I’m just teasing, right?”

Catherine nodded, nearing him again, her legs still in his lap. “Yeah, I think so.”

“Good.”

“Want to find out?”

He gulped, unsure of what she was implying. “Find what out?”

She waggled her eyebrows and grinned, her hand snaking up to rest at the back of his neck. “If I’m furry everywhere? ‘Cuz I’m pretty certain you’ll find me fuzz free and—” She didn’t finish talking; he found her lips pressed against his before he could react. She tasted so rich and sweet, her mouth was soft and warm but eager and demanding at the same time. As he started to get into it, she pulled back. “You’re a good kisser.”

He could feel his face heating up. “Thanks...” He started to get up but Catherine held onto him firmly. “Catherine, please...”

“One more kiss,” she bargained mischievously. “And, then, we can shake hands and walk out of here.”

He nodded, knowing he would regret this moment; but, he couldn’t bring himself to push her away. He brought his hand up against her cheek, holding her in place while he allowed himself to drown in her again. He felt her legs shift; and soon, she was straddling his waist. He managed a very soft moan when he felt her resting her weight against him. She opened her mouth, using her own tongue to tease his lips into parting. As he felt himself falling into a place he hadn’t visited in so long, he grabbed her and kept her close to his body. Sparks were igniting between them.

When the realization of what was happening fully hit him, it was like a splash of cold water on his face. “Gil?”

“We... we can’t do this.”

Her voice was tight. “Why not? We were getting along just fine here a second ago.”

“You’re upset about Gribbs,” he said, after exhaling a breath he hadn’t been aware of holding. “You want to forget about it, fill the emptiness...” He shrugged. “I can’t help you find that sort of control.”

“Lose control,” she whispered in his ear between kisses to his jaw. “To find control.”

He groaned in defeat. She had a very valid point. “You can’t lose control some other way?” She kept nibbling on the flesh under his ear. “Cath, honey, if you could stop doing that and look at me when I’m trying to have a conversation, I’d appreciate it.”

She stopped, and looked at him. “I trust you more than anyone I know, Gil. We care about each other, and I’ve seen you check me out before,” she smirked. “So, I guess I wouldn’t be forcing you into anything.”

“Cath... we work together.”

“So?” She shrugged. “No one has to know but us.”

“What about our friendship?”

“You can’t predict if this will ruin us,” she responded. “What if it makes our friendship stronger?”

“What if it doesn’t?”

She smiled at him. “You’re not going to lose me. C’mon... Gil.... give me something to make it...” She trailed off, and bent her head and started kissing his neck again. He felt her fingers gripping into his flesh, trembling a little still. He humored her for a few minutes, but before he felt himself slipping into the depths again, he stopped her. She looked up, her lower lip jutting out in a pout. “What?”

He leaned forward and kissed her lip, sucking on the lower one a little before releasing her. “Get up and lock the door?”

She nodded; with a smile, she stood up and walked over to his door. She pushed the button in the middle of the doorknob, and turned around. When she was halfway between the door and him, he put his hand up. He was hoping to scare her off her game a little, maybe even keeping her from carrying this charade to the end.

“Stand there and undress.”

She looked at him oddly for a moment, trying to figure out what he was trying to do. As far as he could tell, she couldn’t. Slowly, she shrugged out of her jacket, letting it drop to the floor. Then, she took her pants and hose off. He smiled despite himself. When it was time to unbutton her blouse, her eyes dropped to fiddle with the buttons.

“Look at me.”

Her eyes snapped back up to his. He saw shock register, but it disappeared shortly after. She took a deep breath, and started to open her shirt. She slipped out of it, and the thin fabric slipped off her soft flesh and onto the ground on top of her coat.

His eyes roamed over her newly exposed body, fighting the urge to smile appreciatively. “The rest of it, as well.”

She nodded, and removed her bra first. Then, she pulled her underwear down and stepped out of them. He gulped. She chuckled. “No fur, Gil.”

“I can see that.” He licked his lips despite his careful restraint on his own physical desires. He stood up and walked to her. “Don’t move unless I tell you,” he spoke flatly in her ear. She had stopped shaking, he noticed after running a hand along her bare arm. She nodded silently.

Summoning up a great deal of courage, he took that same hand that had been on her arm, and he spread his fingers out across her bare stomach. She inhaled a little at the contact, and when his hand slid upwards, she gasped. He couldn’t believe what he was doing; part of him still wanted to run away. He squeezed her left breast, and felt her lean into the touch. He bent down and kissed her shoulder. She quivered a little.

When he moved completely behind her, he let his hands work her back muscles, starting at the shoulders and moving down until he reached the top of her bottom. His exploration didn’t stop there. He knew it should’ve; but, he was afraid that this was their only attempt at closeness. Catherine wanted to lose herself in sex; he wasn’t going to turn her away—he was still a man, after all. He spread his hands over each hip, lightly massaging her. He felt the goose bumps forming under his touch.

She moaned again. He fought the urge to laugh, and lost. A soft chuckle escaped his lips. He walked around her, stopping in front of her. “You can stop this anytime you want, Catherine.”

She nodded, her face blushing a little. “If I want out, you’ll know.”

He leaned in and kissed her. She didn’t touch him; her arms stayed at her side, making him smile. His hands caressed and teased various areas on her strong body. When he pulled back, he walked to his desk and sat down in his chair. She looked at him with her eyebrows raised in question, but didn’t say anything. He took two deep breaths—one to calm his nerves, and one for courage—and then he spoke: “Sit down on the sofa.”

She obeyed, her eyes full of unasked questions. Then, Gil opened his mouth again. “I want you to touch yourself.”

“Excuse me?”

“In order to help you lose control,” he responded, “I would have to find the right way to control you.”

“We can’t just explore together?”

He didn’t say anything right away. Then, with wide eyes, he asked: “Are you saying Platypus?”

“Platypus?”

“I tried to think of a non-sexual word... safety word.”

She nodded, comfortable on the sofa, not bothering to cover herself up. “Oh. No, not yet.” She did look a little squeamish, though, with the request Gil had demanded of her. “Oh boy...” she sighed, leaning back against the chair, preparing to obey him again.

Gil watched, fascinated as Catherine pleasured herself. Maybe she was acting a little, he thought, but it was an incredible show. He watched as she closed her eyes and moaned, sliding her hands lower. He gulped, and struggled not to interrupt her. He paid attention to the techniques she used, hoping he would still get a chance to use them in a little while. When the intensity of her motions increased, he realized she would be ending soon. As her release came, she lay there, moaning softly and panting.

“Beautiful,” he commented, looking into her starry eyes. “What do you want now?”

“You,” she replied. “I didn’t stick around here to have sex with myself.”

He smirked. “I realize that.” He got up, and walked to her. “Undress me.”

“Finally,” she muttered under her breath, standing up to meet him in front of the sofa. Her hands went for his shirt immediately, undoing the buttons as quickly as her fingers could move, and then pushing it over his shoulders. She bent to kiss his chest, but stopped. He wondered what stopped her, if it was an inhibition, or his orders still ringing in her head. Her hands trailed down his bare chest, stopping at the waistband of his pants, where she dipped a couple fingers between him and his pants. She smirked when he bucked his hips towards her. After she finished her upper body examination, she started on the buckle of his belt in such an excruciatingly slow pace that he almost wanted to undo it for her. She took her time with the button and zipper as well. She bent down to slide his pants and boxers down to his ankles, pausing to untie his shoes.

He helped her by stepping out of the pile of clothing. She even took the time to take his socks off. On her way back up to a standing position, she massaged his calves and thighs.

“For the love of God, Gil,” she whispered in his ear when she came back up. “If you don’t...”

He smiled. “Giving me orders now?”

She sighed, her exasperation rising. “No...”

He enjoyed her frustration, laughing at her situation. He started touching her again, kissing along her collarbones before trailing up her neck to her jaw and chin, and then her lips. When he looked up at her, her eyes were welling up with tears. He brushed two away, then kissed the others. “You’re thinking about her again...” She nodded, her eyebrows furrowed in contemplation. He took her hands and put them on his chest. She smiled while he wiped at her face. “God, Cath... just, tell me what you want me to do.”

“Let me finish losing myself in you,” she said between kisses to his jaw. “Just for today.”

He nodded, wrapping his arms around her, before lifting her to his sofa. It wasn’t logical, and there was no sense in their actions and decisions, but it felt so right.

The End!

back to series index