Taking A Night Off

She surveyed the room, holding her goblet close to her chest as her eyes swept over the people wearing their fancy muggle clothing and talking about absurd subjects she barely comprehended. With a tiny sigh, she committed herself to a conversation with a particularly pompous muggle who was very concerned with the way the stock market was behaving.

At first, she hadn't noticed that he had stopped talking or that he had turned his attention to the opening doors.

In fact, the entire room had fallen silent. She looked around and saw a couple walking through the large opening. A tall, elegant woman with chestnut brown hair and striking blue eyes was holding the hand of a man she recognised as a royal descendant---Lord John Marbury, the host of the party she had used as an escape on her night off from Hogwarts.

But, she could not take her eyes off of the woman. She was far too elegant to be with that man; she had poise and style and something that could not be named.

That unnamed quality gave her chills.

It took her an hour to work up the courage to find the woman and try to discover what it was that was so alluring.

"Hi," she said in an incredibly American voice. "CJ Cregg---oops. Marbury," she added with a tiny laugh. "I'm sorry... we haven't been married for too long."

As they shook hands, eliciting tiny sparks from under her palm, she replied, "Minerva McGonagall. It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Your dress is fascinating," CJ said softly. "I wish I had thought of layers... so cold here."

Minerva smiled, and for the first time she felt awkward in her robes---no matter how much they resembled muggle clothes. "Where... where are you from?" she asked, hoping to keep the conversation flowing. She did not know why she felt the way she did; she only knew that she wanted to hold onto that feeling.

"Well... I grew up in Ohio, and then I spent a lot of time in California, before moving to Washington---I worked for the President... President Bartlett. And, then I went back to California," she said quickly, as if on one shallow breath. She blushed and sipped her wine before laughing awkwardly. "I don't usually talk this much. Are you friends with John?"

"N-no. Well... sort of," Minerva replied. She did not want to get into an explanation of her world, and its connections to the royal world. The ties were loose, and she doubted that Lord Marbury had any idea about wizards and witches. "Our families go back quite far," she added, for a better explanation.

CJ smiled more, her lips stretching into a grin. Minerva was temporarily distracted by her dazzling smile.

"That's very cool," she said. "I'm sure he'd like to see you if---" she turned her head and scanned the crowd. She laughed again in that same way, and then turned back to Minerva. "He's busy... shooting bear or something with the guys."

Minerva didn't understand what 'shooting bear' meant, but she smiled and nodded, before sipping from her goblet of red wine.

CJ laughed once more. "I guess I should have said 'with the men,'" she said, trying to explain her laugh. "I'm the least proper person here, I'm sure. God, I feel like such an idiot around everyone."

"You are thoroughly charming," Minerva assured her. The moment she said the words, she could feel a warmth radiating from deep inside of her, creeping up into her cheeks. "The most charming conversationalist I've met all night."

CJ blushed. "Well... thanks."

The music picked up, and people were dancing. CJ was looking around---Minerva assumed she was looking for her husband, and she hated that she could feel her stomach tighten in jealousy.

After a minute, CJ turned back and said, "Do you want to go out on the terrace? Maybe get some fresh air?"

"That sounds lovely," Minerva murmured.

~*~


Half an hour on the terrace resulted in moving back inside, but into a more private room. Minerva found the collection of books fascinating, and she spent a brief moment studying the titles, before turning back to CJ as she poured two glasses of brandy.

"Thank you," she said softly, accepting the offered drink.

"Welcome," CJ chirped, before settling in on the divan. "So... I don't know much about you."

Minerva turned. "Oh?"

"Nope! You haven't been very forthcoming with the info," she replied, waiting until Minerva sat down before grinning. "So, spill!"

"Sp-spill?"

CJ laughed. "Sorry. I'm not... I mean, tell me about you. What do you do for a living? Where are you from? Do you have hobbies?"

Minerva felt her cheeks blushing again. "W-why would you want to know about---"

"We're having a conversation, aren't we?"

"Well, yes, I suppose we are," she replied, laughing again.

"So, tell me!" CJ exclaimed with a giggle.

Minerva laughed as well, enjoying the lighter side of this woman more than she cared to admit. "Well... I grew up near a small town called Hogsmeade," she admitted. "It is farther north. Very small, peaceful. Boring, I suppose."

"I know all about the torpor of small towns," CJ replied. "What do you do? Are you rich enough that you don't have to work, or are you retired, or---"

"I am a professor," Minerva interrupted in a gentle voice. "I teach at a private school... I believe you'd call it..." she trailed off and thought hard, before finishing the sentence, "Junior and senior high schools?"

CJ nodded quickly. "Right. Yeah. Do you like it?"

"I do," Minerva said, smiling.

"I thought about being a teacher, but I really don't have the patience for children," CJ admitted quietly. "I... I don't even think I could have children."

Minerva frowned slightly. "Is that a problem for your... for your hu-husband?"

"Not yet," CJ replied glibly.

"He loves you," Minerva assured her.

"I know... I just keep waiting for the shoe to drop, I guess."

Minerva didn't know what compelled her to lean forward, but before she could curb the gesture, her fingers were brushing across the other woman's cheek. CJ shivered, closed her eyes, and leaned into the touch.

"If he possesses any intelligence at all," Minerva whispered. "He will not... he will not drop the shoe."

CJ smiled and put her hand over Minerva's, pressing a little more as she leaned in closer. "Thanks," she whispered.

"For what?"

"I... I've been alone for a long time."

"But, Lord Mar---"

"Has been in India, again, doing some political hand holding," CJ finished quietly, blushing. "We were supposed to go away for a honeymoon, but he was called away. That's why we're having this party."

"He is a fool," Minerva declared in a gentle voice.

CJ laughed quietly. "He loves me... I know he does. I just wish I was done with politics."

Minerva watched her carefully, silently studying the planes of CJ's face. "What is CJ short for?"

Her eyes widened as her head tilted up. "Have you... have you ever been with a woman?"

After a small chuckle, and a nod, she asked, "Have you?"

"Not since college," CJ admitted. "In politics... that's the sort of thing that can ruin you... y'know?"

Minerva nodded. "Are you in politics at the moment?"

"Are you?"

"We are having an odd night," Minerva conceded.

"We are," CJ agreed, reaching up with her other hand to put her fingers to Minerva's cheek. "I... I like it though."

"As do I," Minerva murmured, before leaning in and pressing her lips to CJ's for a kiss.

CJ gasped softly, but recovered immediately and kissed Minerva back. When she released the older woman's cheek, she wrapped her arm around Minerva's body, holding her closer.

"I like this more," CJ breathed, after pulling her lips away for a breath.

Minerva smiled, feeling giddy and awkward and so aroused all at once. She felt more alive than she had in a long time---well before she had settled into her usual routines at Hogwarts.

"I haven't done this in a very long time," she whispered.

"Well, that's everyone else's loss, and my incredible gain," CJ murmured as she started to peel back the layers of Minerva's robes. When she finally reached layers of skin, she placed soft, openmouthed kisses on the pale surface. "You taste incredible."

Minerva refrained from telling her that the flavour was the cause of Tugwood's Effervescent Honeydust, or that she had applied it that day in hopes of tempting her partner and supervisor, Albus Dumbledore. Instead, she tipped CJ's face up and placed kisses along her temple and jaw.

"Thank you," she whispered.

CJ smiled and nuzzled her lips along Minerva's throat. "I really want you."

"Well, that is the best news I have heard all day," Minerva replied.

With a breathless giggle, CJ kissed her way back to Minerva's lips. As they continued to kiss, Minerva adjusted CJ so her shimmery blue dress was lifted up over her thighs, so she was reclining.

"Get down here with me," CJ whispered in a huskier voice.

Minerva smirked and leaned down over her. CJ reached up and put her fingers in Minerva's hair, weaving them underneath the tight bun before wiggling them and loosening her silvery tresses. They fell down, in curls that tumbled over her shoulders that tickled CJ's neck and face.

"Better?"

"Oh yeah," CJ replied quietly. She grinned and licked her lips, before pulling Minerva down for another kiss.

Hands traveled under the bunched up skirts, both women teasing each other through their knickers until the build up became unbearable. CJ arched up when she felt Minerva's thigh pressing against her core, whimpering softly when the pressure created tingles that started in her toes and traveled up to her torso, first lighting her abdomen on fire, before making her heart beat fast and her breasts ache.

"More," CJ panted.

Minerva smiled and leaned down, kissing CJ's neck before beginning to run her own sex against CJ's thigh.

They continued the rubbing game, rolling their hips in a rhythm that was pounding in Minerva's head. She briefly wondered if CJ could hear it, too, but then CJ put her hand inside her robes and gently squeezed one of her breasts.

Minerva gasped and moaned, her head hanging down as she tried to recover from CJ's unexpected move. CJ laughed softly, and kissed Minerva's forehead.

"Stop or go?" CJ whispered.

"Wh-what?"

CJ laughed some more, and then rolled her hips again. Minerva bit her lip and tried to relax, but she couldn't until she felt CJ's hand kneading the tight muscles of her neck.

"Just what I thought," CJ breathed, before hungrily kissing her.

Minerva moaned, feeling less and less like the uptight transfiguration professor she had become. CJ laughed again, this time the sound more airy than before, before surrendering to Minerva's actions. It had been so long since she had felt someone give in like that; the power behind that knowledge was sweet and addictive.

They moved slowly until neither of them could bear any more torture. The speed of their hips increased, the air becoming thicker around them as they felt their bodies become more and more helpless to their needs.

Minerva loved how CJ came with a sharp cry, after nibbling her lower lip and arching her back. Her body trembled and her nails dug into Minerva's arms. Inaudible words fell from CJ's lips. Those reactions helped push Minerva into her own climax, and she stopped moving to shudder and whimper.

Their breaths were hard and fast, their chests were heaving as their bodies tried to calm down.

CJ reached up with a drowsy hand and brushed Minerva's hair off of her flushed face. "That was fantastic," she whispered, her lips swollen from their kisses.

"I... yes. It was," Minerva conceded, blushing more before she eased herself into a sitting position.

"Thank you," CJ mumbled, looking completely ravished as she tried to stand and straighten herself up.

"You're a very beautiful woman," Minerva whispered.

CJ laughed. "You might be blind."

"Hardly," she replied as she followed CJ's lead and began to put herself together.

"Can we... can we do this again?" CJ asked in the smallest voice Minerva had ever heard come from an adult. "I mean... not right now. Some other time."

Minerva blushed. "Do you really think that would be a wise idea?"

"Or... what if we get together and talk some more?" CJ suggested as she straightened her hair out. "Leave your number and I can come into the city. We could go to lunch or something, couldn't we?"

"I... well, I don't think I should do that," Minerva whispered, frowning a little. She didn't want to tell CJ that she didn't have a phone. Seeing the look of disappointment fall across her face, Minerva walked towards CJ and put her hand over CJ's heart. "If you want to see me again, I shall know it," she murmured.

CJ's eyebrows furrowed. "What on earth are you... do you think you're psychic or something?"

Minerva laughed and shook her head. "No... Merlin, no. Just... just know that our paths will cross again if it's meant to be."

"I... how do you--- how are you so sure?"

"I just am," Minerva murmured, before kissing her again.

CJ whimpered a little as the kiss ended, but she was smiling as they parted ways. Minerva smiled back, and brushed her fingers through CJ's tamed hair, before walking past her.

Before she disappeared from sight, she turned and said, "By the way... you have yet to tell me what CJ stands for."

CJ blushed and smiled. "Claudia Jean."

"Delightful," Minerva whispered, slipping out the door.

The End!