Last Meeting


The phone rang for the first time when CJ was pouring their drinks. Barbara answered it, spat angrily into the receiver, and put it down.

"What's up?"

With a smile, Barbara stood up and crossed the floor of her office to take the extra glass from CJ's hand. "Nothing that can't wait until tomorrow."

They ignored the facts. (CJ would be flying to Los Angeles. Barbara had to stay in the district. They both had men in their lives.) They clung to falsehoods. (They were girlfriends. They were in love with each other. They weren't in politics.)

After two sips of scotch, Barbara made the first move. Without words, she took a step and put a hand on CJ's elbow; she let her fingers linger of her Max Mara blazer, feeling the soft cashmere blends and the woman underneath, before sliding upwards to CJ's shoulder and then to her neck.

"Don't make me drop this..." CJ hissed when bare skin connected with bare skin.

"Set it down then," Barbara replied cooly.

With a mumble and a moan for a reply of her own, CJ set the glass down on the desk and was about to reach for the other woman's, but she was scolded. Barbara sipped her scotch and then leaned in to kiss along CJ's jaw.

After a few kisses, CJ was unlocked and open, and Barbara was plunging inside.

Clothes were flung onto the floor, without concern for their landing. Barbara knew the way, but CJ still pointed out all of the detours along the way. Between the moans, licks, and squeezes, they ended up on the floor of the senatorial office, tangled in long legs, arms, and lithe bodies.

CJ bit her lip when Barbara dove in for the kill, since she still remembered the rules on office trysts. (Have a legitimate reason for meeting. Wear wrinkle free clothes. Avoid red lipstick no matter how colourproof it claims to be. Make no noise that would alert suspicions.) Barbara pushed and tried to test the rules, but CJ was stronger than that.

A whimper lost itself inside of CJ's throat as her back spasmed and she tensed against the other woman.

Barbara smiled and withdrew her fingers. She sipped her scotch and kissed her way up CJ's body. The scotch lingered on her skin, chilling and burning a little, but it was nothing compared to the chilling and burning effect of Barbara's kisses.

CJ moved her knee, knowing exactly how Barbara liked it; it was hard not to remember after all of their moments together. They rocked against each other, fueling each other on with puffed breaths from pouty lips and perilous scratches from polished nails.

They colapsed against each other when it was all over, in a heap of relaxed, sweaty curves.

"When does your plane leave?" Barbara asked as she propped herself up on an elbow and sipped her drink.

"Eight in the morning," CJ murmured, smiling when the glass was placed on her stomach. She took it from Barbara's hand and stole a mouthful. After she swallowed, she arched an eyebrow. "Want me to leave the door unlocked tonight?"

The phone rang before Barbara could reply. She took the glass as she left CJ's side on the floor; she rose, wearing stockings, shoes, and nothing else, and answered the call.

"Will you please tell Julie that I am very busy right now, and I cannot possibly meet her replacement for the hearing?" Barbara spat, leaning against her desk.

CJ stretched out on her side and admired the sight in front of her.

"I'll try to in the morning, but it'll be tight. I have a breakfast meeting and then I'm supposed to go to the White House for a meeting on Social---"

She paused when CJ uncrossed her legs.

"---Yes. Okay. Sounds good. Thanks, Jack."

"Silly assistant," CJ murmured when the phone was in its place again.

"Tricks are for kids," Barbara finished, sinking to the floor and risking carpbet burn for another kiss.

CJ laughed and pulled the woman closer. Her actions caused Barbara's drink to splash against her skin.

"Whoops," the senator whispered. "I better clean that up."

"Please do," CJ whispered back.


The End!