Holiday Shopping

As the sun faded, sinking down below the trees, Sirius Black knocked on the door and then peeked his head into their bedroom of the Grimmauld Place. "What're you doing, Moony?" he drawled lazily, smiling as he took in the other man.

The other man looked up and smiled, bronzed eyes sparkling briefly before he ducked them back down and continued studying the book in front of him.

"You are always reading!" Sirius exclaimed, glaring at him through dark, stormy, grey eyes.

Remus Lupin's mouth twitched into another smile. Sirius had never mastered the virtue of patience, and Remus doubted that he ever would.

"Do you know what I'm reading?" the fairer man asked.

Sirius cocked his head to one side. The tone of his companion's voice was lighter; Remus was playing with him, but Sirius didn't know what game he was trying to start. He didn't come closer, but he replied with a question: "Is it dirty?"

Remus laughed.

"Are you reading something about a dashing prince that seduces his knight and---"

"I'm reading a Christmas catalogue," he said, deciding that the evening could be lost forever if he allowed Sirius to continue guessing what sort of book he was reading.

Sirius frowned. "Well, that's no fun. No fun at all."

Laughing softly, Remus beckoned him closer. Sirius sat down on the bed and then reached over the other man to steal a piece of chocolate off of the bedside table. As he nibbled on it, he contemplated the pages of magical goods in front of him. "What're you shopping for, Moony?"

"Do you not want a present?"

His thin lips stretched into a wicked grin. "You give me presents every night," he growled near Remus' ear, his lips tickled by his lover's shaggy brown hair.

"Shush," Remus scolded, ignoring how his stomach tightened when the other man's teeth scraped over his earlobe. "For Merlin's sake, Padfoot---would you stop that?"

"Why? I'm giving you your present... early," he whispered huskily.

"And what will you give your godson?" Remus challenged. He didn't look up, but continued to flip through the pages, scouring them for something perfect for Harry, the son of their dear friends, the late James and Lily Potter. It had been so long since he had seen Harry, but the most recent series of events had brought them together again, and the taller wizard was trying to piece together all he knew of the growing boy to buy a present that he would certainly enjoy.

Sirius paused. "Oh. Are you... going to pick something out, there, and put my name on the card as well?"

"You won't even bother to---" Remus caught sight of his lover's grin, stopped talking, and chuckled under his breath. "Will you help me pick something appropriate?"

"Sure... as long as you make it... enjoyable."

Remus rolled his eyes. "Right." He reached up and touched the dark, wavy strands of Sirius' hair, affectionately stroking with his fingers. In response, the other man sighed softly and snuggled up. After a long moment, where quiet breathing and pages turning were the only sounds, the fair man asked, "Would he rather a muggle present? One of those computer games?"

"For what?"

"I don't know," he replied, reaching up and running his hand through his shaggy reddish-brown hair. "For the few months he spends with those---"

"Dreadfully useless Dursleys?" Sirius finished on a sigh. "I wish he could just---"

"I know," Remus murmured, pressing his lips to the top of his head for a gentle kiss. "Soon, though."

Sirius nodded and turned the page in the catalogue. He spied a collection of books, and smiled. "Now... let's get Harry that series of books!"

Remus leaned in and peered at the description underneath the moving image of the books, their pages turning as they thought. Then, he looked at Sirius, "'Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts?'"

"Yes!"

"And why would a young man need---"

"He's not just any young man..." Sirius reminded him, for a moment sounding wise beyond his years. "Besides, he lives for adventure and excitement---"

"Great," Remus responded, taking his turn to make an interruption. "With everything going on, what we need is a teenager running around searching for additional adventure. We've been having a hard enough time minding him, keeping him safe, and---"

Sirius glared at his partner and cut in again. "With everything going on, he should have these books!"

Remus glared back. Sirius allowed his expression to soften. He batted his dark eyelashes and smiled. "Please?" he murmured, a smile tugging at his thin lips. "C'mon, Moony... just think... these books would prepare him by teaching him counterjinxes and hexes that will keep him safe... and... and they'll help with the secret association they've got going over there and---"

Remus rolled his eyes. "Oh, yes. Let's---so, then we can have a group of teenagers on the loose---"

"Able to protect themselves," Sirius protested. "And you know Harry loves this sort of thing. He loved your class the most."

The brown-haired man softened his expression. "Oh, he did, did he?"

"Wouldn't you like to see him earn an Outstanding in his OWL for the Defense Against the Dark Arts?" Sirius purred silkily, wrapping his arm around Remus' torso. "Wouldn't you be so proud?"

"I would," Remus whispered with a nod.

"So, we should get him these books," Sirius added softly, smiling eagerly before reaching out and licking along one of his lover's facial scars.

Remus groaned. "Padfoot..."

"Moony," Sirius shot back in a warm voice that rumbled and made Remus' blood flow in a southerly direction.

"We've made up our minds, then?" Remus asked softly.

"Oh, yes. Put the bloody book away," Sirius whispered, plucking the book out of Remus' hands and tossing it onto the floor with a little effort. It landed with a loud thud. "We're done shopping."

Remus laughed until Sirius sucked on the sensitive skin of his neck, and then the happy sounds melted into a groan. "We're not done yet," Remus reminded him in a weak voice that told Sirius exactly how aroused he was.

"No?"

"Well, I do still have to go and purchase the---"

Sirius scolded him in a growling voice: "Idiot."

Remus laughed and grinned. "Not me. Never... remember?"

Sirius' narrow fingers made quick work of the buttons on Remus' shirt and then he loomed over the man. With a grin, he purred, "Oh, yes... I remember."

A groan escaped Remus' lips, but instead of getting swept up in the heady sensations, he moved quickly; Sirius yelped as he found himself on the bottom, staring at his lover with dark, passionate eyes. Remus had pinned him down. One knee between Sirius' legs so his hip could hold him down; one hand secured two wrists to the mattress. Remus grinned when he saw Sirius try to struggle, but he knew the man was only struggling halfheartedly. This was one of Sirius' favourite games: turn Remus on and see how far he would come out of his shell.

After a long, deep kiss that made Sirius whimper and moan, Remus lifted his head and grinned again. He flexed his hips and happily listened as the dark man moaned again.

"Don't tease me... idiot."

"You're the idiot," Remus muttered. "At this rate we'll never find him a suitable present."

"We already did!" Sirius whispered. He felt Remus push down with his hips again; their growing erections pressed together, restricting their circulation in all the right ways. Sirius whimpered like an animal and pushed up against his partner. "C'mon... Moony. It's done. Now---"

"A reward?" Remus whispered near Sirius' ear. Sirius groaned inwardly; deep down, there were times that he wished he hadn't encouraged Remus to be such a thorough and intense lover.

"Y-yes."

"Not right away," Remus replied, licking, nibbling, and sucking his way down Sirius' neck. When Remus sucked on Sirius' adam's apple, the bottom male groaned more loudly and shifted against the strong body on top of him. Remus hummed and let the vibrations drive his lover crazy.

There was a deep sensuality in the way Remus engaged his partner. He liked to take his time; he enjoyed tasting and savouring everything about Sirius, stretching him out and worshipping him while maintaining control over the entire situation. He might have started out as Sirius' bottom, in the later years of Hogwarts, learning how to accept himself on a variety of new levels; but, in the years of early adulthood, Remus discovered that he liked to be the more dominant lover between them.

The lion hiding within the mouse, Sirius mused, not unlike the wolf within the man.

"Remus---"

"Shhh." He whispered before he smiled and looked at his lover, brushing the dark wavy masses of hair off of his face. "You'll get your reward."

"I better," Sirius grumbled.

Remus laughed softly and leaned back down to lave kisses over the skin he could reach. "I was looking forward to a quiet evening," he whispered. "Look what you started---"

"You started---" as Sirius tried to set his companion straight, he found himself being undressed and touched more intimately. "Moon---"

"I don't want you to say another word," Remus said in a silky smooth voice that made his command sound even sexier. "Not one, unless I ask you a question."

"I'm not in your class," Sirius grumbled when Remus dropped his head back down to pay attention to his chest.

Remus stopped licking over one of the tattoos on Sirius' chest and then bit into his nipple, making the bottom man groan and whimper and arch up, desperate for more.

"No, you're in my bed," Remus whispered huskily.

Sirius wondered briefly if he sounded like a woman, sighing and whining underneath his partner, but then Remus' lips trailed down to his waist and he forgot how to think logically. He wanted more and he wanted it as soon as wizardly possible---that was all he knew.

He had never wanted to be a submissive lover; he had always loved the chase when he was much younger. He had loved finding the boy he wanted, using his charms to seduce him. He had been one to aggressively use and discard, discovering what he liked and disliked with each of his partners.

But, then, he met Remus. He suspected that the bookish boy was unlike the others that spent their time mooning over the young girls; but, he had never guessed that once he got underneath his robes that there would be an addictive passion simmering in the lithe, pale body.

After several late night study sessions---during which nothing but skin was studied---Sirius tried to distance himself, but it was useless. James teased him about becoming monogamous and stagnant, two qualities that had frightened Sirius for years. But, Remus would come and find him at night, and Sirius began to realise that it wasn't so scary.

And, then, the student became the teacher, and Sirius realised that it wasn't so bad to be on the bottom, either.

Remus startled him from his thoughts by nipping at his hip while unfastening his pants. Sirius squirmed and growled, demanding that Remus hurry up. He laughed and shook his head; his reddish-brown hair shook down in front of his darkened eyes, making him look wild.

"I don't want to rush this," he said in a low voice.

"Mooooooony."

He laughed in response and then started pulling the fabric of his trousers down his legs. He waited until everything was bunched down at his knees. Then, he grinned and placed openmouthed kisses along Sirius' thighs. Occasionally he bit down, thoroughly enjoying how his lover jumped and tried to struggle when he felt sharp teeth scraping over his skin.

"This is murder," Sirius rasped. He tried to move his legs, in a weak attempt to free himself, but his pants kept him from moving. When he felt Remus lick his hard length, he bucked once and then shuddered. At the second scraping of teeth, Sirius cursed again and then weakly growled, "Murder, Remus."

Remus laughed and then sank his mouth down, taking Sirius inside of him. The combination of warm, wet, and vibrating was enough to make him growl and moan wordlessly. When he wiggled his tongue, Sirius groaned and then threatened Remus in low tones.

Of course, his threats didn't have the desired effect on Remus. Instead of giving him what he wanted, Remus flipped him over and started kissing down his body---starting at the nape of his neck and ending just before the gentle curves that traveled into his thighs. Sirius moaned and bucked up into Remus, before growling a stream of obscenities that only made the fair man laugh.

"You're so impatient," Remus scolded, slapping his ass lightly. When Sirius moaned, he brought his hand down again for a stronger slap. The darker man bucked up into his lover's hand, cursing again under his breath. "And here I am without a paddle," Remus whispered teasingly.

"Tease," Sirius growled.

Remus laughed and leaned down and bit into one cheek. Sirius roared and arched back, struggling more.

"You were never well-behaved in bed... so wild," Remus whispered hoarsely as he slid up Sirius' body. Pressing his weight down, the brown-haired man nibbled on his lover's earlobe and then continued whispering. "No one can tame you. Not even me."

"Would you get on with it?" Sirius hissed.

Remus flexed his hips and made Sirius moan; even though Remus was still dressed, his arousal was evident and Sirius loved how it felt against him.

"Do you feel that?"

"Yesss... bloody hell, get on with it," he growled, turning his head. Remus smiled and captured his lover's lips in a kiss. Sirius sighed and pushed back. "Now. Now, I---"

"Good things come to those who wait," he reminded Sirius in a patient tone that he would have used on his students two years ago.

"Damn you, Remus," Sirius croaked, rubbing against Remus and the sheets below, creating more friction than he could stand. "I want you now."

Remus eased off of him and took the bunched up pants with him. Then, he stood up and started undressing; Sirius turned onto his side and watched him remove his clothes, letting his eyes rake over the newly uncovered skin. He smiled, sweeping his stormy gaze lower, and then the easy smile turned into a wicked smirk when Remus bent over to untangle himself from his socks, pants, and briefs, giving Sirius a beautiful view of his backside as he bent over.

The brown haired man turned and saw Sirius staring. "Shameless," he whispered.

"So?"

Remus laughed and straightened and then walked over to the bed, his movement of his hips giving him a slight swagger. Sirius licked his lips and beckoned him closer with a grin and a wave of his hand.

"What do you want?"

"You!" Sirius exclaimed, looking mock-exasperated with him. "You have loads of book smarts, don't you? But not one ounce of---"

Remus acted quickly again. Sirius grunted and struggled, enjoying how fired up Remus became when he made sex more difficult; but, he was shocked to find his wrists bound before he even knew what was happening.

"Remus..."

"I'm in control---"

Sirius struggled against the bonds. Since Azkaban, the idea of being bound hadn't pleased him to much.

"Remus," he repeated sounding more insistent.

The other man leaned down and nuzzled his lips against his lover's stubble-covered jaw line. "Shhh. I know," he whispered. "But, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Then, untie---"

"We used to do this all the time," Remus reminded him in a voice so warm and gentle that it could have melted butter. "And then, you came back to me... and it stopped. You used to enjoy it."

"But, then---"

Remus persisted. "Besides, this is an old necktie... not magical chains or ropes."

Sirius closed his eyes and nodded.

"Are you going to---"

"I trust you," the dark man said, opening his eyes again and meeting Remus' lighter gaze. "I do. Moony, I fucking love you---of course I trust you."

Remus rewarded his partner with a kiss; this kiss seemed to go on forever. Stubble scratched, lips requested and gave, tongues caressed, teeth nibbled; Remus moaned, and Sirius panted desperately for more.

His body arched up and rubbed against Remus. Arousals rubbed against each other, creating more unbearable friction. He felt Remus' hands over the fabric that kept his wrists together, holding him, assuring him that it was okay with gentle touches that betrayed how wild he could be.

"I love you, too," Remus promised, before reaching over him to the nearby table to grab something. Sirius couldn't see what he took, but he sighed as he felt the gentle breeze of Remus' movements passing over him.

Moments later, Sirius groaned as he felt Remus opening him up; first with one finger, and then he added another, and another, until Sirius felt as though he couldn't take anymore.

"How do you want this?" Remus asked in a breathless voice.

"Mmm..." Sirius moaned deliriously. "Like this."

Remus leaned down and kissed the dark, panting man for a long minute. Then, he propped himself up higher over him. As he pushed himself inside of Sirius, both men groaned. Sirius opened his eyes and studied his lover. He saw a light sheen of sweat on Remus' face and shoulders, and he leaned up a bit as Remus leaned down. After a brief kiss, Sirius licked Remus' upper lip and then let his mouth brush across one of his scars.

Sirius moaned when Remus moved and captured his lower lip between dull teeth. He bit down and laved the captured flesh with his tongue, sucking and licking it as if it was a delicious snack from Honeydukes.

It wasn't until Remus was completely sheathed inside of Sirius that he started moving. He didn't thrust hard right away; he built speed and force up slowly, demanding that Sirius take his time and feel everything. When he was finally moving in and out the way that satisfied both of them, Sirius growled and struggled against the old necktie, refusing to beg for freedom but unable to go without voicing his opinion in some way.

With a laugh, Remus pinned his wrists down to the mattress, frustrating the other man even more. Sirius was about to say something, but Remus changed the angle of his hips and the words melted away into a growl.

They moved together, panting and sweating as each thrust brought them closer to their releases. Sirius was grunting and bucking against Remus, muscles tense and quivering. He was closer to climax than Remus, since he was reeling from the friction against his erection and the feeling of being completely stuffed. That was how Remus liked it, though; Sirius didn't complain either, since he was inclined to believe in instant gratification.

"Harder," Sirius growled.

"Ohhh... Padfoot," Remus whispered as teasingly as he could muster. Sirius grunted and tightened his muscles around Remus' pulsing shaft and listened as his lover whimpered. Remus dropped his head. His reddish-brown hair hung down in his face again, blocking his eyes until he threw his head back and shook the damp hair out of his eyes.

"Harder," Sirius insisted again.

Remus agreed wordlessly, panting as he increased the force behind his hips' thrusts. Sirius moaned and bucked up, trying to fight again against the bonds. He dug his nails into Remus' hand, and Remus did the same to his; they argued like that for a few minutes, until Sirius could feel his body tightening too much, warming up too much, feeling entirely too much for words.

As a loud roar erupted from within Sirius, Remus pressed down. His torso trapped Sirius, holding him as his climax crashed down hard and fast; he could feel his sticky fluid between them, and while he normally would have cleaned himself up immediately, all he did was close his eyes and sigh softly as Remus resumed moving in and out.

"Ohhh... Sirius," Remus hissed shakily. He paused and shook, moaning quietly as his body shuddered.

Sirius felt him release inside his body, and he relaxed completely. Remus collapsed down on top of him as he relaxed, as well.

Slowly, fingers untied the necktie and massaged wrists. Sirius sighed happily and kissed the top of his lover's head before moving his arms back down. He rubbed Remus' back. He could feel the scars on his back and he spent considerable time tracing his fingers over them.

"That was brilliant," Remus whispered.

With a nod, Sirius agreed. He knew he wouldn't be able to walk properly for a little while, but he wouldn't complain about it.

"You're not going to the bookshop now, are you?" Sirius asked in a quiet voice.

Remus laughed. "No... I'm going to stay here for a little while," he whispered.

"We could keep shopping, you know," Sirius added, smiling before kissing the top of Remus' head again. He chuckled. "I have other catalogues..."

"Who's gift will we be shopping for?"

"Mine. Yours."

"So... it's a pornographic catalogue," Remus deadpanned.

"Hey... how'd you guess?"

"What would you like?" Remus asked. "Another collar? Thick, dark leather... smooth and cool against your skin?"

Sirius shivered at the thought. He reached up with a weary hand and rubbed his chin as he considered the notion. "Well... maybe," he murmured as the tips of his fingers scratched against the stubble that had yet to be shaved away. "I... If you were nice about it."

"Nice about it?" Remus asked, his voice laced with amusement.

"Well, yeah. I mean... you can't leave me chained up to the bed, y'know. I've got rights, Moony."

Remus laughed and lifted his head to look at his lover. "You do?" he joked. "I thought you were my possession."

Sirius smirked. "And here I thought you were mine."

Remus laughed more and lowered his head again, resting against Sirius' shoulder. "I don't mind that so much, you know," Remus whispered.

A grin stretched at Sirius' lips. "Good."

The fair man's laugh came out as a soft chuckle this time. "Yes, yes," he murmured. "Do you know what I'd like for Christmas?"

"A nice solid leather flogger?" Sirius teased. "So you can whip me into submission?"

Remus smirked. "You hardly know what submission means. You're such a bad sub... scratching and growling and trying to get away."

"So? You like trying to keep me in line too much," the dark man pointed out. "The only reason I misbehave is because you enjoy it so bloody much."

He lifted his eyes and smiled. Sirius smiled back before Remus dropped his head and sighed happily.

"Moony?" Sirius asked after a long, peaceful silence.

"Mmm... yes, Padfoot?" Remus murmured.

"I'm awfully fond of shopping."

Remus smirked and kissed his lover's chest. "Yes, I thought you'd enjoy it."

The End!