Heaven and Hell


He marvelled at the way her skin contrasted against his. Light and dark, heaven and hell, he mused silently as she stroked her fingers along his bare chest.

She didn't say anything and he was grateful for that. He hadn't planned on this... but troubles at home combined with the chaos down in the Situation Room had compounded the spark of attraction he had always carried for her and her long legs.

After the President's daughter was safe, after everyone went outside to watch the fireworks, he had planned on stopping at her office to leave a note on her desk---a pathetic note, congratulating her on handling the situation well.

She had been there, staring out the window with a sad, vacant expression on her face.

"Claudia," he had said quietly, hoping he wouldn't scare her.

She turned slowly. Her lips curved into a small smile. "Sailor." She paused. "You're lost?"

"No, ma'am. I stopped by to... to see you."

"Did Toby tell you I'm having problems?"

He hadn't said anything, as he pocketed the note. She had sighed and stood up. "You're here to tell me we had to do it? That it was fair?"

"No," he had said quietly.

She had moved closer and so had he. Things had unravelled quickly after that. She had whispered a thank you for bringing Zoey back and he reached out to squeeze her arm. And somewhere between that squeeze and an impromptu hug, they had kissed.

The kiss had quickly progressed to other activities.

He closed his eyes and thought about the way she curled her body around his, the way her skin tasted as it flushed with blood and lust, the way her moans turned to whimpers when he pushed her further than she anticipated.

And then he thought about what his wife would do if she found out.

"You're thinking too loudly," she whispered huskily.

"Yeah," he agreed.

"You know what the cure for that is?"

He turned his head and smiled at her. "Less thinking?"

She inched closer, so she was almost straddling him. "Exactly," she purred, before leaning down for another kiss.


The End!