Five Ways CJ Was Dumped





1. Coming Up For Air - CJ/Hoynes


First, there was the original seduction.

Then, there were three days of barely leaving his hotel suite.

Her Convention schedule was replaced by a new list: watch, touch, kiss, taste, groan, whimper, ride, shudder, cry, breathe.

On the fourth day, he had to give a speech.

"We're coming up for air," he told her as his light blue eyes sparkled.

She watched, hiding in the back; she listened and felt his words give her goosebumps in the same way his fingers did.

In the lobby, she saw him with a new leggy democrat.

Luckily, she still had the old list.




2. Breaking the Rules - CJ/Leo


"CJ, you don't---"

"Don't you tell me what I don't understand. I'm not a schoolgirl," she huffed, pacing around her quaint Manchester hotel room.

Leo sighed. "You already know that what goes on in bed, and what goes on in the office have nothing to do with each other, Claudie."

"I... I told you in bed," she mumbled, feeling small despite her stature, and despite his as well. "And you told Toby without giving me a heads up."

"I broke the rules, too," he said, before sighing. "Look... I can't give you what you want."

"Leo."

"Not yet," he whispered.




3. Expired Arrangement - CJ/Bruno


She hated that he was flirting with women in front of her; she hated that when his contract with Bartlet for America expired, his arrangement with her expired, too.

They made their arrangement after a long complaint about the destruction campaigns wreak upon relationships. They decided with many words that they would take care of each other's needs when alone.

She learned how great a beard could feel against her legs; she taught him that equal opportunity also applied in the bedroom.

But, when he didn't show up to see her newly-decorated office, she knew that those lessons didn't matter.




4. Wordlessly - CJ/Toby


When he told her about the twins, her stomach twisted up, because she knew how happy the babies made him, and down, because she knew they were over.

Years of flirting around their friendship, weeks of sleeping together because nobody wanted them... all of it was destroyed.

She knew he would return to Andi, who was a friend. While they all had a close history, she knew she could not ruin their chance at happiness.

She smiled at him, feeling awkward, hoping that with the gesture of her hand he understood that she would give him the distance he needed.



5. A Mutual Understanding - CJ/Jed


He kissed her before redressing. She smiled from her position on the bed, stretching her long legs out over the luxurious sheets.

"Claudia Jean..."

"Yes?"

"You drive me to incredible distraction, CJ," he whispered.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," she murmured, sensing their private moment was over.

He sighed. "Maybe it is. I'm finding it harder to think of you as my Chief of Staff, instead of my m--- you know," he said. "You deserve more than the odd quickie. You are exquisite---"

"Please, sir, don't say anymore," she interupted, before getting up to dress. "I understand."


The End!