Connected

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: jlyman@us.gov.com
Ccc:
Subject: (No Subject)

CJ,

What do I get Donna for her birthday? Seriously! We've been going out for two years and the roses and stuff was great last year, but, I can't do the same thing, can I? Would that suck?

You have to help me. You have to. We've been friends for how long?

Josh.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: jlyman@us.gov.com
Ccc:
Subject: Helloooooooo?

Are you ignoring me? Not cool, Ms. Cregg. And if I find out that Danny's keeping you from your e-mail, I'll hold a grudge against him, too.

>>CJ,

>>What do I get Donna for her birthday? Seriously! We've been
>>going out for two years and the roses and stuff was great last
>>year, but, I can't do the same thing, can I? Would that suck?

>>You have to help me. You have to. We've been friends for how
>>long?

>>Josh.

&&&&

To: Sam Cell

U talk 2 CJ l8ly? is she pissed @ me? -J.

&&&&

To: tziegler@columbia.edu
Fr: jlyman@us.gov.com
Ccc:
Subject: Not cool.

T--

Okay. Is everything okay with CJ? I've been trying to get in touch with her all day and nothing. I mean, she's usually at work or getting her e-mail to her little blackcandy thing.

How's class?

TTYL, J.

&&&&

To: CJ Cell

Josh = worried re: u. Call him, plz. -S.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: tziegler@columbia.edu
Ccc:
Subject: (No Subject)

I've been harassed by Josh again. Really, if you're trying to teach him a lesson, could you make sure he leaves me out of it?

Although, if something is wrong, I'd really like to know.

Hopefully, I'll hear from you soon,
Toby.

&&&&

To: tziegler@columbia.edu, kharper@aol.com, cyoung@georgetown.edu, marghoop@aol.com
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Hello from Santa Monica

Hey guys,

The weather is perfection here... I am sitting on my porch, sipping fresh-squeezed orange juice, with Danny's dog (who I'm still not sure likes me) at at my feet. And I just felt like trying to make you a little jealous.

(Toby, I can see you rolling your eyes.)

Anyway, I'm writing because I just got back from the doctor's office and I have some exciting news: Danny and I are having a baby!

Everything's healthy so far... I'll have pictures after my next appointment if you want to see them. Danny's thrilled---I think he's going to start baby-proofing everything soon. I'm... well, we'll see. More scared than anything else right now. I can admit that.

So, when I have this little one registered at Baby Gap, I'll send you all the list ;)

Love,
CJ.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: tziegler@columbia.edu
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

CJ,

Congratulations. You're going to be a great mom.

(You should tell Danny to call me---I've got a lot of inside information for your guy.)

Love,
Toby.

&&&&

To: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Fr: kharper@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Are you as surprised as I am? I never thought... well, I just never thought CJ wanted to have children. Wow. They got right on that, didn't they?

Haven't seen you in a while... did you find a better coffee cart in the district? I won reservations at that new place, in an office draw; they're for next week, so if you're interested, let me know.

~Kate.

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: kharper@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Congratulations! Oh my god! Did you two plan... I mean... wow... I can hardly process the news! It's incredible! How do you feel about everything? Call me or something, okay?

~Kate.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol. com
Fr: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Cc:
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

OMG! Congratulations! Sure, I'm surprised and all... but you're gonna be a great mom. Not so sure about your man, there ;), but I know everything will work out. You're gonna have a great kid.

And I fully expect to be godfather. Or something else just as important. You got that?

TTYL,
C.

&&&&

To: dannyconcan@aol.com
Fr: marghoop@aol.com
Ccc:
Bcc: ccregg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Danny,

Wow. Do you know what you're getting into? Because, if not, you should call me. I'll help you out.

Margaret.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: marghoop@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

CJ,

This is incredible news! I'm only on my PDA right now, but when I go home, I'll forward you the list of reading materials you should read, and a list of baby supplies you'll need in nine months!

There are also a few magazines you should subscribe to, too, but I can take care of that for you.

TTYS,
Margaret.

&&&&

To: dannyconcan@aol.com
Fr: tziegler@columbia.edu
Ccc:
Subject: (No Subject)

Danny:

CJ just told me the good news! Congratulations!

~Toby.

&&&&

To: tziegler@columbia.edu
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Do you really think I'll be a good mother? I worry a lot about that... plus, I'm still working for Hollis' foundation, so I don't know what's going to happen. I hate not knowing.

I don't know what sort of information I want you passing onto Danny. You know, Andy told me about you greasing the nurse!

Love,
CJ.

&&&&

To: tziegler@columbia.edu
Fr: dannyconcan@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: (No Subject)

Thank you! I'm a little freaked out---but you survived fatherhood, so I guess I'll survive it, too, right?

How's Columbia? I read your manuscript (CJ left it out, I couldn't resist), and I think it's great. I hope you publish it soon!

--D.

&&&&

To: kharper@aol.com
Fr: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Sometimes, the things that happen quickly feel right, you know?

Hey, you're buying? I'm there. Just tell me time/place!

-C.

&&&&

To: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Fr: kharper@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Well, technically I'm not buying. But... I guess I bought the draw ticket, so maybe I am buying. You can buy drinks or coffee after.

How about Thursday?

~Kate.

&&&&

To: CharlieY Cell

HAVE YOU HEARD FROM CJ LATELY? -J.

&&&&

To: JoshL Cell

Yeah, man. Everything's okay. -C.

&&&&

To: CharlieY Cell

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!? IS SHE IGNORING ME? WHY ISNT ANY1 TELLING ME WHATS GOING ON? -J.

&&&&

To: Sam Cell

HAVE YOU HEARD FROM CJ OR TOBY? -J.

&&&&

To: Josh

Ill call Toby. Don't worry. - SS.

&&&&

To: Toby Private

Have U hrd fr. CJ l8ly? Josh wants 2 know what's up w/ her. -SS.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: tziegler@columbia.edu
Ccc:
Subject: YOU KNOW HOW CRAZY IT MAKES ME WHEN YOU IGNORE JOSH!

CLAUDIA JEAN. CALL HIM AND TELL HIM THAT YOU'RE ALIVE. TELL HIM ABOUT THE BABY, SO HE KNOWS WHERE YOU'VE BEEN, WHAT YOU'RE UP TO. AND MOST OF ALL, TELL HIM SO HE'LL STOP DRIVING ME CRAZY!

LOVE,
TOBY.

&&&&

To: tzielger@columbia.edu
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: YOU KNOW HOW CRAZY IT MAKES ME WHEN YOU IGNORE JOSH!

Sorry, Toby!

I didn't want to interrupt Josh and Sam---this week seems kind of crazy for them, with the lobbyist reform bill.

I'll tell Josh... I'll save you from the torture.

Love,
Claudia

&&&&

To: marghoop@aol.com
Fr: dannyconcan@aol.com
Ccc: ccregg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Margaret,

I think we'll figure it out as we go along---CJ's bright, brighter than me anyway, and I'm sure she'll know what to do.

(But, if you have time, maybe you could help me by suggesting what the best cribs, carriers, etc. are? CJ's been gathering back issues of Consumer Reports, and it's kind of scary.)

-Danny.

&&&&

To: SamS (C)

CJ's on it. Expect news soon. -T.

&&&&

To: jlyman@us.gov.com, sseaborn@us.gov.com
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: I haven't disappeared...

Hey Sam, Josh,

I didn't mean to leave you guys out of the loop; but, I thought that with everything going on in D.C., you might not be checking your e-mail.

Anyway, everything here is fine. Better than fine, really. Danny and I are pregnant. Well, I'm pregnant, and he's just along for the very scary ride.

Josh, you e-mailed me while I was having a hospital blood test done to confirm the pregnacy. I had reached for my Blackberry but the nruse glared at me; so, I put it away. She was scary. Big and alpha and scary.

So, that's what's new with me. Call me when you guys have a free minute; we'll catch up.

Love,
CJ.

&&&&

To: kharper@aol.com
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

Haha -- no, we didn't plan it. We're happy about it, though. I'm not sure how we'll work out as parents, but together, we're happy about it.

I can hardly process it, either. Being a mother was the last thing I expected to be. But, maybe that's what's next, you know?

How are things with you? I saw a photo of you and Charlie out and about town a few weeks ago... any sparkage or are you two just talking about old times? C'mon... tell me the truth.

TTYS,
CJ.

&&&&

To: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

I'll check with Danny, but sure, you can be godfather. Of course... you're going to have to either move out here and finally accept the job offer I keep sending your way, or you'll have to find a way to suck us back into the D.C. world.

I saw you and Kate in a photo in a newspaper a while ago... Kate hasn't told me anything yet, but I was hoping since I'm going to make you my child's godfather, you'd throw me a bone. What is going on with you two?

TTYS,
CJ

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Hello at Santa Monica

1. I know how you could come back to D.C. -- as a senator or congresswoman. You'd rock. And I'll babysit when you have late night meetings.

2. A gentleman never kisses and tells.

-Charlie.

&&&&

To: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Fr: ccregg@aol.com
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

1. I think Danny would have a fit if I decided to run for something. The last time the DNC called, he yelled at them.

2. Oh, c'mon... tell me something! Anything!

~C.

&&&&

To: ccregg@aol.com
Fr: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Ccc:
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello from Santa Monica

1. I'll check with him.

2. We like going out and having nice meals. Nothing to tell!

&&&&

To: dannyconcan@aol.com
Fr: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Ccc: ccregg@aol.com
Subject: (No Subject)

Hey Danny,

CJ and I were talking, and I said that you guys should move back to D.C. I also think that CJ should run for senator or something. Don't you think she'd be great? I seriously think a few years of that and then she could run for President. CJ could take over the world, and be an awesome mother, all at the same time. Sit her down, would ya?

-Charlie.

&&&&

To: cyoung@georgetown.edu
Fr: dannyconcan@aol.com
Ccc: ccregg@aol.com
Subject: Re: (No Subject)

She'd be great. You're right. I've tried to tell her that... but, she does love her job now, you know.

I'll work on her. Leave it to me.

-Danny.

&&&&

To: Danny Cell

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! -CJ.

&&&&

To: CJ (C)

Yes, ma'am. We'd have to get married first, though. -D.

&&&&

To: Danny Cell

Well, you'd have to propose first, wouldn't you? -CJ.

&&&&

To: CJ (C)

Meet me @ prk @ 2. -D.


The End!