Together Again

Having done this several times before, their methods were becoming more thought out. They packed a bag, taking a blanket, ointment, chocolate, and changes of clothing for each of them. Sirius had wanted to take a pillow, but they couldn't find a bag large enough.

Under the blanket, Remus shivered and whimpered. James frowned. Soon, he would have to treat his friend's self-inflicted wounds with the stinging ointment. As if reading his mind, Padfoot made a soft huffing noise. James smiled and reached over the sleeping, trembling form to rub the black dog's ears. Padfoot panted a little and then he rested his head on Remus' shoulder, waiting, trying to warm his friend up.

Padfoot looked at James. James sighed. "I know what you're thinking," he said before adjusting his glasses. "But, we can't do anything else for him."

The dog snorted, visibly depressed. James made a similarly disappointed noise and then he reached out and brushed his fingers over Remus' arm, traveling up the lanky limb to his shoulder, reddened with scratches.

"Sirius."

Padfoot made a soft snuffing noise in response.

"Padfoot... c'mon. You know I can't do it all alone."

The dog shook his head before moving to lick Remus' forehead. He sighed and shivered, snuggling up more to Padfoot. He made sure the scratch along the boy's cheek was clean and then he nuzzled his jaw gently, letting the reddish-brown hair tickle the tip of his nose.

This friendly affection continued for a few more minutes---until James adjusted his glasses again, brushed his hair back, and cleared his throat.

"Oh, alright," Sirius said, rolling his eyes, after he transformed back into his human form.

Both young men shared worried glances when they heard Remus cry out. Without sharing anything else, Sirius leaned back down so he was in a similar to position as he had been in as Padfoot. Fighting an unusual mixture of feelings that were churning in his stomach, Sirius leaned down and kissed Remus' forehead.

"Shhh," Sirius whispered. "Don't have a wobbly, Moony... we're right here."

James fumbled for a minute and then managed to get the can of ointment. He turned back to Sirius and Remus and asked, "Can you---"

The darker male interrupted. "Pass me the can. I'll do it."

"Yeah. Okay."

Sirius took his time, rubbing the cream over the smaller scratches on his friend's back. Remus whimpered and quietly begged him to stop, but the darker male could not be dissuaded from his activities. His fingers moved slowly, rubbing over the scratched and unmarked skin with the same tender touches.

Remus sucked in a sharp breath. "Sirius... stop. C'mon."

"Moony, you're all cut up..." Sirius whispered. "Let us take care of you."

James dipped his fingers into the can and started rubbing the cream on the small wounds on Remus' legs and arms, while Sirius focused on his back.

"Why you don't just try to attack us is beyond me, but---"

"I'm not going to hurt you," Remus whispered in a soft voice that could barely be heard.

"You can't. I'm impervious."

Remus snorted. Sirius smiled when Remus made the happier noise. James reached out and put his hand in Remus' hair, massaging his scalp gently. Remus felt as though his insides liquified, as though his bones had melted away into nothing. But, then, the hands continued massaging, and Remus felt his body responding in another way.

Slowly, the fingers stopped. Remus let out a breath he hadn't been aware of holding.

"Okay... let's turn you over."

"No."

"How about a snack?" James tried.

"Nuh... 'malright," Remus mumbled, tucking his face into his arms.

James sighed. "You have to eat---" he stopped, smirked at Sirius and said, "We packed chocolate."

Sirius almost laughed at the lengthy pause, but he refrained from making any noise at all before their friend responded. Remus sighed and then shook his head slightly. Then, Sirius blinked and yelped, "Have you gone mad?"

"Nuhungie," he muttered. His ears were turning pink. "'malright, guys."

James frowned, obviously confused. Remus never turned chocolate down---something was wrong, and both James and Sirius knew it immediately.

Sirius' eyes softened. "C'mon, Moony... please, turn over. We'll put some of this stinky gunk on your shoulder so it'll heal and then you can have a snack---"

"NO!" Remus expelled with more force than either of his friends had expected. He panted for breath and then said, "Just go, alright?"

James looked at Sirius, who shrugged and leaned back before studying his fairer friend. He adjusted his glasses and then sighed; James had no inkling of what was bothering Remus, and it bothered him too much. When Sirius inhaled sharply and smiled, James relaxed---Sirius knew what was going on, he would fix it, and Remus would eat the chocolate and feel better.

Sirius touched Remus' shoulder and leaned in close. "It's alright, Remus," he whispered. "I'd be stiff too if I got such a good massage."

"Shove off," Remus mumbled.

"Prongs here probably would have gotten off long ago," Sirius added, smirking at James over Remus' reddish brown hair. James blushed and adjusted his glasses; Sirius discovering what was wrong didn't calm him anymore.

Remus snorted. "Jussgo," he mumbled a minute later.

"Nah..."

"Sirius."

Sirius' eyes darkened; James didn't think that was possible, because they were already darker and deeper than anyone else's he had ever seen. Then, he leaned down and kissed the nape of Remus' neck.

"What're you---"

Sirius looked at him. "James... what does it look like I'm doing?"

"But---"

"If it feels good, do it," he explained with a shrug. "That's all there is to it."

James watched Sirius adjust his position and continue kissing and caressing their friend for a few long, awkward minutes before he reached out and touched Remus' back with slightly trembling fingers.

Remus sighed. "Sirius."

"You don't like it?"

"I... it's just... I'm not---"

Sirius leaned down and earnestly kissed his friend's lips. James gasped; Remus blushed.

"It doesn't change much," Sirius whispered. "I'm still perfect, you're still perpetually annoyed with me, and James is still chasing after that Evans girl."

James made a disgruntled sound.

"Yeah, Peaches? Don't think I'm the picture of perfection?" Sirius said with a teasing tone in his voice. Then, with a chuckle, he eased himself down next to Remus and kissed him again. He could taste something coppery, and then a heavy sweetness beyond that. "Moony, if you turn over you can get some chocolate."

"Don't want chocolate," he whispered.

"But--"

"Want... other stuff."

Sirius blushed a little, affected by his close friend's awkward words. "We've got an audience," he pointed out.

"James isn't goin' anywhere," Remus whispered, smiling for the first time in a couple of days.

After shooting a glance at James and seeing the curious expression on his face, Sirius leaned in and kissed his friend again. A minute passed and then he added his tongue, licking along Remus' lips before slipping inside his mouth. They kissed rather slowly, Sirius had to admit; but he still enjoyed it.

"C'mon... now you have to turn over. No excuses," Sirius whispered once they broke apart. Remus blushed and closed his eyes. Sirius glanced up. "Prongs? Gimme a hand?"

"S-sure," James said quickly, adjusting his position so he could lift his friend.

Remus closed his eyes as they turned him over. When he could feel Sirius' and James' eyes on him, he blushed but said nothing. He waited for the retreating footsteps---he knew what happened in relationships like this, and he didn't want to see his friends retreating from him in confusion, discomfort, or fear.

He gasped when Sirius leaned down and kissed a trail from his jaw to his lips. "Who knew you looked so good under all your robes?" he murmured teasingly.

"Shuddup."

Sirius didn't stop kissing him. Remus wondered why until he felt James' fingers working the healing cream over the new wounds. While he hissed and squirmed, Sirius' tongue darted out and distracted him.

The dark-haired male smiled against his fairer friend's lips and then he deepened the kiss again. He tasted and savoured, discovering how nice it felt to know Remus so intimately.

James sat back and watched them for a minute---and then, not wanting to be left out, he crawled down Remus' body and kissed a path from his ankle to his shoulder, minding the new scrapes and scratches. He heard Sirius laugh when Remus moaned.

"Guys, guys---"

Sirius looked up. "Yeah, Moony?"

"You don't have to---"

"What if we want to?"

Remus sighed. "Pads..." he whispered. "C'mon, there's no way---"

"There's no way I'm stopping," Sirius said in a firm tone of voice. He glanced at James, make a quick study of his expression and body language, and then he smirked. "And, I don't think Prongs can walk out of here, either."

As if to demonstrate, Sirius reached across Remus' body and let his hand travel from James' chest to the bulge in his trousers. James bit his lip, flushed, and groaned.

"Sirius---" James started, but could not finish; his words stopped when Sirius squeezed his hand. He grunted and sagged towards the other two, too aroused to do much else.

"We want to," Sirius whispered. "Don't you want to?"

"I think... I think it's become painfully obvious," Remus whispered back.

Sirius glanced down Remus' body and grinned. He turned his head and started kissing Remus again. He felt James inch closer on Remus' other side, and then the chain of events blurred. Hands and lips demanded, bodies answered. While they may have been inexperienced when it came to threesomes between three male friends, as individuals they knew their bodies fairly well and they used that information to heighten the experience.

All three were thinking similar things---don't pull too hard or too fast, don't drool into the kiss, don't forget to move your tongue, don't stop...

James fell silent and shuddered, the first to lose control. Remus released his grip on him, and then stroked his stomach affectionately. But, those fingers trembled when he could no longer withstand Sirius' ministrations; he whimpered against the lips that were kissing him and arched his body before crying out sharply. Moments later, he felt Sirius' hot breath against his mouth and the vibrations of a moan through his body.

And then, they fell against each other, panting for breath. The room in the cabin was filled with soft sighs, tiny whimpers, and the distinct smell of sex.

Minutes passed slowly as they recovered. James was the first to move, reaching in his bag behind him for a minute before returning to his friends. He pressed a tiny piece of chocolate to Remus' lips, making him smile before taking the treat into his mouth. Sirius waited a brief second before kissing Remus, letting his tongue slowly sweep his mouth. He tasted the chocolate and felt it dissolve. Remus moaned softly.

Once the chocolate melted away, Remus groaned. "Lemme recover first."

Sirius grinned. "Okay. You've got a couple of hours, Moony," he murmured, running his fingers along the long lines of Remus' body. He settled his head on the blanket, barely resting against his friend's.

Remus' hand reached for Sirius' and then James put his hand on top of theirs. Sirius sighed and closed his eyes. The early morning hadn't turned out the way he had expected it would, but he was happy. Judging by the way Remus and James were molded against each other---and by the way their fingers were woven together---Sirius sensed that the others were happy, too.

The End!